Image ImageImage Image

Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,676

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#81 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:13 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
holv03 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Marko time.

It will be good to get him some reps, but I checked up some game highlights of the G-league team, and he is going to struggle. He is way off in terms of strength goes, and he is a little lazy on the defensive end.

Still, there is nothing better than game experience.

Marko seems to be in that weird spot where he's good enough to dominate the G League/middling foreign leagues, but would likely be exposed against elite levels of basketball like the NBA and EuroLeague.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,676

Post#82 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:15 pm

Just an FYI to the board: I see a lot of people calling for a 10-day signing to bring in a big man to fill in for Vuch, but 10-day contracts are not available until January 5th.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#83 » by ChettheJet » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:18 pm

Except for the people who will want Javonte Green to play center, I guess it's Tony Bradley and Alize Johnson, maybe Tyler Cook and Simonovic get their ankles taped.

The west coast trip was going to be tough, Coby coming back might make the games closer

The other wildcard is if there's a trade for a big man on the table maybe it happens quickly
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#84 » by FriedRise » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:29 pm

We haven't needed Vooch's scoring much since he's been in a slump, but what I think we're miss the most is his passing and playmaking. He's second on the team in terms of touches per game - by only .2 behind Lonzo - so he's been a HUGE part of Billy's offense despite his shooting slump.

With Vooch out, I fear we're gonna revert back to last year's team with Wendell or Gafford manning the 5.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,122

Post#85 » by BahamaBull » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:30 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
BahamaBull wrote:Get well soon Vuch!

Get Marvin Bagley!

1. Yes!

2. Hell no.

How about Wood? *pause*

I would love to get Wood but...Marvin Bagley is on sale...Wood would cost us coby+pat and a future 1st i believe...while bagley we could get for DJJ and filler...We need size and I still believe bagley has some potential he is just playing for the Kings...Worth the gamble imo.
WherePipAt
Sophomore
And1: 149

Post#86 » by WherePipAt » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:32 pm

Can’t he have two negative PCR tests and be back sooner? I thought the 10 days thing was just the absolute worst case scenario.
DxC17
Junior
And1: 432

Post#87 » by DxC17 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:33 pm

FYI:

It's a 10 day quarantine, or 2 negative PCR tests within a 24 hour period after the original sample was collected. If Vuc is symptom free, he could be back in less than 10 days. If he has moderate symptoms, it's a mandatory 7 days of rest.

Let's see what kind of reports we get about his condition. It's possible he's already been infected for close to a week at this point seeing we played Philly last Wednesday.. If the viral load was relatively low, he can get this out of his system quicker as a fully vaccinated individual. It's not impossible to see Vuc meet us up in Denver.

With that being said, the fact that he was tested casts doubt on being asymptomatic because vaccinated players are only being tested if they are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to another player who tested positive (in this case Embiid).
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#88 » by chifan1798 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:35 pm

This is like the absolute worst stretch of the entire season….of course it would happen at this time :banghead:

Well, if they come out winning at least half their games over the next 6, I’ll be very very impressed
Mongoose
Junior
And1: 22

Post#89 » by Mongoose » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:50 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:For professional athletes in their 20s and 30s with world-class fitness levels, they're more likely to be negatively affected by the possible myocarditis and other heart condition side-effects from taking the vaccine than they would be from any symptoms of COVID-19.

Your chances of getting myocarditis from Covid are much higher than your chances of getting it from the vaccine. BTW, two Edmonton Oilers hockey players are in this exact situation, having developed myocarditis after catching Covid. One of them is out for the whole season after catching the virus last year; the other was the team's last unvaccinated holdout to start the season, and then he found out he developed myocarditis from catching Covid over the summer and is out indefinitely.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 438

Post#90 » by greenwing » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:06 pm

I'd be all for bringing in Demarcus Cousins to help fill the void.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#91 » by sco » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:07 pm

chifan1798 wrote:This is like the absolute worst stretch of the entire season….of course it would happen at this time :banghead:

Well, if they come out winning at least half their games over the next 6, I’ll be very very impressed

The flipside is that we were likely to lose at least half of these games with or without Vuc.
:clap:
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,317

Post#92 » by TheGOATRises007 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:09 pm

This is going to be a HUGE miss.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#93 » by MrSparkle » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:19 pm

F'ing Covid.

Bradley's gonna of course get the start. Wonder if Marko actually gets game time.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#94 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:20 pm

That’s life now. No point in crying over it. It will affect every team at some point.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,624

Post#95 » by dougthonus » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:22 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:For professional athletes in their 20s and 30s with world-class fitness levels, they're more likely to be negatively affected by the possible myocarditis and other heart condition side-effects from taking the vaccine than they would be from any symptoms of COVID-19.

Just FYI, this isn't true.

Myocarditis is 14 to 45 cases per million in young healthy males when vaccinated depending which study you look at. It's 150 per million overall for COVID-19 patients (and likely higher for young healthy males whom are the highest risk group for this, but I couldn't find the number split out for COVID-19 patients that was just young healthy males).

Most myocarditis developed is mild and resolves itself as well. Either way, your risk of dying from COVID-19 as a young healthy male, while still very small, is higher than your risk of myocarditis from the vaccine. From a simple risk reward context, your risks of COVID are dramatically higher than your risks from the vaccine even if you are young and healthy (though your risks from COVID are obviously much less in this case than they would be if not healthy or older).
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,879

Post#96 » by biggestbullsfan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:37 pm

dougthonus wrote:

Just FYI, this isn't true.

Myocarditis is 14 to 45 cases per million in young healthy males when vaccinated depending which study you look at. It's 150 per million overall for COVID-19 patients (and likely higher for young healthy males whom are the highest risk group for this, but I couldn't find the number split out for COVID-19 patients that was just young healthy males).

Most myocarditis developed is mild and resolves itself as well. Either way, your risk of dying from COVID-19 as a young healthy male, while still very small, is higher than your risk of myocarditis from the vaccine. From a simple risk reward context, your risks of COVID are dramatically higher than your risks from the vaccine even if you are young and healthy (though your risks from COVID are obviously much less in this case than they would be if not healthy or older).

People just love to spread there nonsense online don’t they :lol:
Risk Addict
Analyst
And1: 236

Post#97 » by Risk Addict » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:40 pm

False.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#98 » by Payt10 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:51 pm

coldfish wrote:
Payt10 wrote:The NBA's Covid rules make no sense. Why 10 days? That seems completely arbitrary. Why not just a negative test?

I suspect—though I could be wrong—that somebody who is vaccinated will recover quicker than somebody who is unvaccinated. If he tests negative before the 10 days, then he should be allowed to play.

Its just rolled down from the CDC, which is compiled from analysis on infected people on how long they are infectious for. Of course, no one did this analysis on vaccinated people.

Just in general, why can't we have nice things?

Yeah, it seems like that would be important to know. I think the NFL's policy allows for vaccinated players to return after two consecutive negative tests, which makes more sense. I'm not sure why that isn't the default rule for everyone.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#99 » by TheHrvReport » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:58 pm

COVID will ruin many teams seasons this year
jsleesl28
Freshman
And1: 59

Post#100 » by jsleesl28 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:00 pm

what I like about Marko is that he runs like a deer.

Look for him to get on transition and thunder home some cool dunks. lol

Return to Chicago Bulls