Image ImageImage Image

2022 Draft Prospects Thread :Bulls get 18th pic: Poll added

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

If Bulls keep the pick, who should they select?

Jalen Williams
11%
Tari Eason
29%
Nikola Jovic
6%
Mark Williams
29%
Ochai Agbaji
2%
TyTy Washington
No votes
Ousmane Dieng
No votes
Malaki Branham
3%
EJ Liddell
13%
Jeremy Sochan
6%

Total votes: 62

Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 592

Re: College Season and 2022 Draft Prospects Thread #1 

Post#81 » by Almost Retired » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:32 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:I think Mathurin might be a bit undersized to be an ideal fit for us.

We really don't need more guys with prototype shooting guard size.

Agreed. We're good at the 1, 2, and 3. Who do you see in the upcoming draft that might be available in the 18-26 range that might add something we need to our roster, even if he's a 2-3 year project?
Almost Retired
Rookie

Post#82 » by Almost Retired » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:41 pm

sco wrote:
rtblues wrote:Hopefully AK/ME will buy a 2nd round pick or two and find a hidden gem.
I'd say we've moved past the Jameson Curry, Marquis Teague eras..

I'd be fine with this if we trade both of our 1sts. This team can not afford to keep more than 2 guys with less than 3 years of NBA play on the roster next season. We need bench guys who are old vets who know how to play NBA (playoff) basketball, if we want to have any shot to contend next season.

You always have to have one or two rookies for salary cap purposes. I don't think the Portland pick is going to convey. Se we need to keep our own pick. Maybe trade down if we can pick up another draft asset in a future draft We've mortgaged a lot of future picks and we lost one future second rounder to the recent penalty for tampering.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#83 » by MGB8 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:19 am

Julian Champagnie? Or is he just a college player who can’t translate
Bulls Fan 23
Pro Prospect
And1: 250

Post#84 » by Bulls Fan 23 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:59 am

MGB8 wrote:Julian Champagnie? Or is he just a college player who can’t translate

He's on my radar of guys to watch this year. Raw numbers look good.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#85 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:43 pm

Almost Retired wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I think Mathurin might be a bit undersized to be an ideal fit for us.

Agreed. We're good at the 1, 2, and 3. Who do you see in the upcoming draft that might be available in the 18-26 range that might add something we need to our roster, even if he's a 2-3 year project?

I think we should value upside above fit. I also think we could easily integrate some guard talent in the 'Coby White' role. Kennedy Chandler (and to a lesser extent Ty Ty Washington) stick out to me here. I think Chandler could be a chance for us to land a stud who drops just because he's short.

I'd love it if AJ Griffin slipped to us. I think he's more likely to hold up as a 4 than Mathurin. He's coming off Duke's bench so he may fly under the radar. I expect him to ultimately rise to the lottery though. Caleb Houstan is kind of perfect and hasn't been eye-popping at Michigan, so perhaps he'll be on the board. 6'8" and can shoot. Low maintenance contributor with some actual offensive upside due to his shot. Peyton Watson is kind of toolsy but seems very raw.

And then there are a couple bigs who might drop who have crazy measurables like a Daimion Collins, Nzosa, or Koloko.

Julian Champagnie would kind of be a 'pick for fit/need' selections that I would be ok with. He can really shoot it.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#86 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:44 pm

MGB8 wrote:Julian Champagnie? Or is he just a college player who can’t translate

It's funny that Johnny Juzang gets hyped with Champagnie seemingly being the far superior player.
Almost Retired
Rookie

Post#87 » by Almost Retired » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:02 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:

It's funny that Johnny Juzang gets hyped with Champagnie seemingly being the far superior player.

It's probably due to TV exposure. UCLA gets more hyped games on National TV, and Juzang has performed very well in some of those. I forgot the game I watched last year but Juzang could not miss. He hit everything he threw up. Nobody could cover him. I think Juzang will help some team in the NBA. Probably as an off the bench shooter. Most complaints against him are on the defensive side.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,024

Post#88 » by Chi town » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:40 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:

I think we should value upside above fit. I also think we could easily integrate some guard talent in the 'Coby White' role. Kennedy Chandler (and to a lesser extent Ty Ty Washington) stick out to me here. I think Chandler could be a chance for us to land a stud who drops just because he's short.

I'd love it if AJ Griffin slipped to us. I think he's more likely to hold up as a 4 than Mathurin. He's coming off Duke's bench so he may fly under the radar. I expect him to ultimately rise to the lottery though. Caleb Houstan is kind of perfect and hasn't been eye-popping at Michigan, so perhaps he'll be on the board. 6'8" and can shoot. Low maintenance contributor with some actual offensive upside due to his shot. Peyton Watson is kind of toolsy but seems very raw.

And then there are a couple bigs who might drop who have crazy measurables like a Daimion Collins, Nzosa, or Koloko.

Julian Champagnie would kind of be a 'pick for fit/need' selections that I would be ok with. He can really shoot it.

Our greatest need is a high volume 3pt shooter. I agree fit isn’t that important. Shooting always fits.

If PW returns and shows that 3D PF we need than we need shooting and scoring even more especially with Vuc struggling offensively.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#89 » by MGB8 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:32 pm

From what I can tell, this is looking like bigs and SG / small SF / “true wing” heavy draft, with a smattering of larger wings that the Bulls would play at the 4, and a smattering of guys who can handle the 1. Not ideal given the Bulls current composition, but, then again, DeRozan isn’t young.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,414

Post#90 » by Muzbar » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:41 pm

E.J. Liddell, junior (will be 21.5 years old by draft)

6'7", 240lbs.

20.6ppg, 7.2rpg, 3.0bpg, 2.7apg

56%fg, 35%3fg, 72%ft.

Seems to be projected late 1st, could be a good pick up.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,714

Post#91 » by madvillian » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:46 pm

Almost Retired wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:

It's probably due to TV exposure. UCLA gets more hyped games on National TV, and Juzang has performed very well in some of those. I forgot the game I watched last year but Juzang could not miss. He hit everything he threw up. Nobody could cover him. I think Juzang will help some team in the NBA. Probably as an off the bench shooter. Most complaints against him are on the defensive side.

He was unstoppable for most of the NCAA tourney.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#92 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:14 pm

Muzbar wrote:L.J. Liddell, junior (will be 21.5 years old by draft)

6'7", 240lbs.

20.6ppg, 7.2rpg, 3.0bpg, 2.7apg

56%fg, 35%3fg, 72%ft.

Seems to be projected late 1st, could be a good pick up.

Size people size. Nothing below 6'8 without shoes and 7'0'' wingspan should even be on our radar. As long is projected all rounder like Ayo for example. No particular strenght and no particular weaknesses count me in. Defense, PnR translatable first ofcourse.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#93 » by Rose2Boozer » Tue Jan 4, 2022 11:33 am

Two prospects who should be long gone by the time the Bulls select, but anything's possible

Harrison Ingram and EJ Liddell

ROLES & HOLES
Chi town
RealGM

Post#94 » by Chi town » Tue Jan 4, 2022 11:58 pm

When it’s all said and done he may go top 5. I think he could win ROY too. Strong floor game.

Almost Retired
Rookie

Post#95 » by Almost Retired » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:13 pm

With our own FRP, which might be down in the high 20s....should we consider reuniting Ayo and Kofi Cockburn? Kofi is dominating right now. He's an old school "5" but we have enough really good wing defenders that we could compensate for that while he's on the floor. He's a mountain.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#96 » by Chi town » Wed Jan 5, 2022 6:40 pm

Davis from WIS shooting up boards after 37 on Ivey. His game look so much like Booker.

I think this class is round out to look really solid. The star power up top looks shakey though.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,649

Post#97 » by DuckIII » Wed Jan 5, 2022 7:43 pm

Almost Retired wrote:With our own FRP, which might be down in the high 20s....should we consider reuniting Ayo and Kofi Cockburn? Kofi is dominating right now. He's an old school "5" but we have enough really good wing defenders that we could compensate for that while he's on the floor. He's a mountain.

Kofi looks much improved yet again. Like Ayo, he’s shown that he works hard and improves every offseason, every season. I have not seen a lot of Illinois, but in what I have seen he’s added more post moves and looks a lot more comfortable with his footwork.

But the thing I think he needed to add to establish himself as a certain first round pick is a 15 foot jumper. I have not seen it. But I also haven’t checked his data to see if it’s something he’s been doing but just not when I caught games.

Completely in the abstract because I have not meaningfully begun looking at draft prospects, it’s not out of reason that he’d be a late first round pick for Chicago. We’ll need a 5 after Vuc leaves and you can bring Kofi along slowly. But I’m not sure he can evolve into much more than a backup 5.

If this were 2000 he’d be a lottery pick.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
boundbymusic
Senior
And1: 289

Post#98 » by boundbymusic » Wed Jan 5, 2022 10:30 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:With our own FRP, which might be down in the high 20s....should we consider reuniting Ayo and Kofi Cockburn? Kofi is dominating right now. He's an old school "5" but we have enough really good wing defenders that we could compensate for that while he's on the floor. He's a mountain.

Kofi looks much improved yet again. Like Ayo, he’s shown that he works hard and improves every offseason, every season. I have not seen a lot of Illinois, but in what I have seen he’s added more post moves and looks a lot more comfortable with his footwork.

But the thing I think he needed to add to establish himself as a certain first round pick is a 15 foot jumper. I have not seen it. But I also haven’t checked his data to see if it’s something he’s been doing but just not when I caught games.

Completely in the abstract because I have not meaningfully begun looking at draft prospects, it’s not out of reason that he’d be a late first round pick for Chicago. We’ll need a 5 after Vuc leaves and you can bring Kofi along slowly. But I’m not sure he can evolve into much more than a backup 5.

If this were 2000 he’d be a lottery pick.

Totally agree. He's gotten better as a FT shooter and passing out of double teams but he's a backup 5 nowadays. No jumper and a defensive liability outside of the paint. He could be Andre Drummond which is fine coming off the bench.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#99 » by gobullschi » Wed Jan 5, 2022 10:59 pm

Almost Retired wrote:

I’m expecting a veteran power forward ring chaser (Thaddeus Young?) to sign in the offseason, so whoever the Bulls draft, won’t be in the rotation. For that reason, they should target projects that have high upsides, regardless of their position.

You can never have too many 6’6”+ G/F, especially if they show the ability to create their own shot.

5 guys I have my eye on are:

Michael Foster - SF/PF
    Patrick Baldwin Jr. - SF/PF
    MarJon Beauchamp - G/F
    Caleb Houstan- G/F
    Adrian Griffin Jr. - SF
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#100 » by JohnnyTapwater » Thu Jan 6, 2022 12:04 am

Who are the most versatile, position switching players? I think that's the direction AKME goes.

Return to Chicago Bulls