Image ImageImage Image

Woj: GM's trying to form association

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Michael Jackson, Payt10, dougthonus, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN, fleet, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper

MalagaBulls
Analyst
Posts: 3,543
And1: 1,309
Joined: Dec 15, 2013
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))
       

Woj: GM's trying to form association  

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
Posts: 19,134
And1: 4,592
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: West Loop

Re: Woj: GM's trying to form association 

Post#2 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:06 pm

Suck it Adam silver, we didn’t tamper ****
User avatar
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 19,245
And1: 4,583
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: Woj: GM's trying to form association 

Post#3 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:10 pm

Kinda makes sense. The problem with big money high profile jobs, from the GM's to the players, it is oft short lived, because it is always so high stakes. With cancel culture, it is pretty easy to fire anyone on any grounds right or wrong. I mean Sterling it was absolutely right, but some owners can twist this to fire guys and not honor the contract and that is what it is looking like they are tryin to protect. They can out pay the guy who has the job, and the legal fees will still amount to less than the rest of the owed salary in a lot of cases.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,904
And1: 3,034
Joined: Feb 02, 2018
Location: Earth
   

Re: Woj: GM's trying to form association 

Post#4 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:28 pm

It makes sense but in same time I am not agreeing or disagreeing with it. There are only 30 GM jobs in league. Which makes this high profile job. Nobody around league is protecting GM's because usually they are 2nd in power command behind owners. Players have their own association, coaches have same so it makes sense GM would have it also.
“If you were grading rebuilds and dropped in on the United Center on Wednesday night, you saw one team flying up the court, launching 3-pointers, sharing the ball and generally looking like it was having a lot of fun. And then you saw the Bulls.”
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 64,458
And1: 27,933
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: Woj: GM's trying to form association 

Post#5 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:42 pm

Sure. Why not?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
User avatar
MrFortune3
General Manager
Posts: 7,748
And1: 2,815
Joined: Jul 03, 2010
         

Re: Woj: GM's trying to form association 

Post#6 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:51 am

I can only imagine what the eventual president of the NBAGMA will say when defending their clients.
GoBlue72391
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,825
And1: 2,196
Joined: Oct 26, 2009
     

Re: Woj: GM's trying to form association 

Post#7 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:11 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:I can only imagine what the eventual president of the NBAGMA will say when defending their clients.

How deep is this going to go? Are the Assistant GMs going to create an Assistant GM association or are they included under the regular GM association? What about VP of Basketball Ops? Presidents? Scouts? Trainers? Etc.
User avatar
MrFortune3
General Manager
Posts: 7,748
And1: 2,815
Joined: Jul 03, 2010
         

Re: Woj: GM's trying to form association 

Post#8 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:25 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:I can only imagine what the eventual president of the NBAGMA will say when defending their clients.

How deep is this going to go? Are the Assistant GMs going to create an Assistant GM association or are they included under the regular GM association? What about VP of Basketball Ops? Presidents? Scouts? Trainers? Etc.


That is a very good question. I imagine the first members would be GM's and Presidents(and VP)of basketball ops.
User avatar
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
Posts: 32,050
And1: 4,451
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: Sunday Morning coming down...
         

Re: Woj: GM's trying to form association 

Post#9 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:31 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:Kinda makes sense. The problem with big money high profile jobs, from the GM's to the players, it is oft short lived, because it is always so high stakes. With cancel culture, it is pretty easy to fire anyone on any grounds right or wrong. I mean Sterling it was absolutely right, but some owners can twist this to fire guys and not honor the contract and that is what it is looking like they are tryin to protect. They can out pay the guy who has the job, and the legal fees will still amount to less than the rest of the owed salary in a lot of cases.


Actions have consequences.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston

Return to Chicago Bulls