Image ImageImage Image

PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,397

Re: PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba 

Post#21 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:39 am

logical_art wrote:This is what Coby can do and its going to help. Don't expect him to run the offense. Don't expect him to play great defense. Expect him to be a streaky scorer. Play him more when he's got it going. Play him less when he doesn't. That's what you can do with him off the bench, and it's going to be valuable.

Yeah I mean that is it. We kinda knew after this team was assembled what his role will be and here it is. Be that Coby White, which fits his skill set and he is an asset
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#22 » by CBS7 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:39 am

kodo wrote:Win or lose I hate micro-ball. This stuff isn’t going to work through 1 round of the playoffs.

When Jokic returns it likely won't be an issue. We haven't really seen much of DJJ and Jokic together yet either.

I mean... Vucevic
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#23 » by GoBlue72391 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:40 am

RJ, Kemba, Fournier, Rose, and Quickley: 13-40 shooting for 39 points
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#24 » by Shill » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:40 am

Read on Twitter
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,322

Post#25 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:41 am

CBS7 wrote:
kodo wrote:Win or lose I hate micro-ball. This stuff isn’t going to work through 1 round of the playoffs.

When Jokic returns it likely won't be an issue. We haven't really seen much of DJJ and Jokic together yet either.

If only it were Jokic. (our Nikola is of the Vucevic variety haha)
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#26 » by TheFinishSniper » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:41 am

We know it. But maybe something happens on trade deadline. Would be nice if AKME pulled rabbit out of hat soon again. Now is still too early to recognize who are sellers at NBA market.

And Vuc will be back soon. When he returns we just need him healthy.
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#27 » by nekorajo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 am

Another grind it out game againt the Knicks. I like it, especially when we win. Is Vuc back tomorrow?
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#28 » by logical_art » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 am

One underrated fact about having Vuc back is that Bradley's size goes with the second unit. And he gets to matchup with worse players where he was actually doing OK.
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#29 » by BloodyQ » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 am

kdapiton wrote:**** the refs. Always. So sick of the shaft.

Gutsy win. Glad to see we got it in us for playoffs purposes. Happy Coby got it back.

What a luxury to have two players that can create points. Exactly how you beat a thibs team, sadly. Out-talent it.

I don't know how I would last if I was an NBA player....I would have put hands on a ref in my 3rd game.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#30 » by Jcool0 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 am

Jordan!

Read on Twitter
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#31 » by coldfish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:44 am

That was a seriously terrible game to watch. The refereeing was awful on a level that you rarely see. On multiple occasions the refs waited to see if the ball went in before they called a foul. Sometimes touch fouls were called, other times people got hammered. At one point, Burks figured out that they weren't calling much on the Knicks and he was just slapping Zach's arms.

The line was -5 on Chicago. I don't know enough about gambling to understand if betting organizations have reason to keep it close or not but I'm starting to really wonder if the NBA and gambling have gotten too cozy. Watching that was . . . unpleasant. I really have no desire to follow something that I believe is fixed.
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#32 » by umfan83 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:44 am

What I love is that clearly the Knicks size is not a good matchup at all for us, but we still won anyways.
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#33 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:45 am

We have to do something. All these possessions of Caruso, Jones and Ball guarding a beast like Randle is ridiculous. We don’t have single legit PF on the roster. I know we won, but getting bullied every night is getting old.

Great to see Coby step up. We lose that game easy without his 4th quarter.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#34 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:46 am

Difference player of the game was Coby.

It was weird because he was about to be hibachi grilled again by the board here going by the game thread. Because right before he hit his 3, he was terrible again. But that stroke was sweet in the 4th and we need every one of his 3s. He was the difference.
The Cult of Personality
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#35 » by erlim » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:46 am

Just want to give props to AKME for wasting NO FRIGGIN time building a sound team around/for Zach. Imagine if Kevin Love in his prime, AI, wolves Garnett, etc, etc got Vuce, DDR, Lonzo, Caruso leveled players plopped on their roster over a season. Even Kobe benefitted from some typical Laker monster robbery BS trades to get prime Gasol. And Zach isn’t anywhere NEAR as talented or attractive of a teammate or centerpiece as those guys in their prime.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#36 » by TheFinishSniper » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:46 am

Jvaughn wrote:Like I said, I never doubted Coby for a minute :lol:

But in all seriousness, I was skeptical about sacrificing games for the sake of getting Coby up to speed, but he looked a lot better tonight. If that was the spark, and he keeps it up, we're really just one defensive big away from seriously contending.

That was my biggest pet peeve. Sacrificing games to get him up speed. Strenght of schedule and quality of teams we had, multiple playoffs teams and top 10 defenses. It sucks if you losing games because you wanna give minutes to guy who can cost you wins.

It worked today and maybe is long term for the better he is playing and adjusting. But if we lost and Coby couldnt hit a barn, yes I would blame him. But good for us to have another 3pt threat.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#37 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:47 am

Yep this is not sustainable. They better get another legit big that can play in crunch time somehow.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#38 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:47 am

The free throw disparity evened out a little there (31 to 27). We go to the line a ton in the 4th quarter, DeMar specifically. It’s been a real luxury having a calming presence like that who can keep the game from getting out of control.

Coby + Vooch (soon) being back will be so huge to our offense man.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#39 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:48 am

coldfish wrote:
The line was -5 on Chicago. I don't know enough about gambling to understand if betting organizations have reason to keep it close or not but I'm starting to really wonder if the NBA and gambling have gotten too cozy. Watching that was . . . unpleasant. I really have no desire to follow something that I believe is fixed.

That fact that Quickly also scored on an unnecessary layup also doesn't make sense. Covered anyway but it makes you wonder.
The Cult of Personality
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,250

Post#40 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:49 am

Coby had a good game. It’s been mentioned already, but he had a good game because he was a spot up shooter. That’s his role, and he can be a very good spot up shooter.

The Knicks just play tough basketball, as a Thibs team, and that’s frustrates the Bulls. I thought maybe Zach got an extended rest in the 3rd after he complained to the ref and gave up an easy bucket. I didn’t look it up but would be interested to see if that was the case.

Knicks starting backcourt is awful. Stupid Thibs is loyal to the vets, but hardly played them any minutes because they’re bad. Their big signing Fournier didn’t look great.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong

Return to Chicago Bulls