Image ImageImage Image

Bears talk 3.0: Regime & team changes are sorely needed & upon us

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

What do you think happens this Bears off season?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:20 pm

Phillips, Pace, & Nagy go & major roster upheaval
56%
Only Pace & Nagy are replaced & major roster upheaval
26%
Only Nagy goes & we have major roster upheaval
15%
Other - Specify in post like option 1 but minor retool
3%

Total votes: 39

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Bears talk 3.0: Regime & team changes are sorely needed & upon us  

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:20 pm

The version 2.0 thread is nearing 2K posts so thought I'd give @fleet a hand.
Anyway changes are sorely needed in the FO & roster. What do you think happens? I wil be posting a mock off season soon.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,411

Re: Bears talk 3.0: Regime & team changes are sorely needed & upon us 

Post#2 » by fleet » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:26 pm

Well we went ahead and derailed the last one anyway. :banghead:
:thumbsup:
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#3 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:31 pm

fleet wrote:Well we went ahead and derailed the last one anyway. :banghead:
Yeah derailing: I read about that in a magazine somewhere & tend to avoid it.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,877

Post#4 » by Dresden » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:17 pm

What I expect: Nagy to be gone

What I hope for: a complete re-org of the front office

What will probably happen: something in between
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#5 » by Susan » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:28 pm

Why the hell are we playing Andy Dalton?

He's useless and not under contract next year - I hope Glennon puts it on us because this is so stupid.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#6 » by dice » Sat Jan 1, 2022 12:33 am

dougthonus wrote:I mean if you just want to just say this is not the best charity, sure I agree completely, but you are acting like this is nefarious and ill-intentioned.

i said the exact opposite about the intention of the fund, so clearly it's your perverse desired interpretation of what i was saying that is nefarious and ill-intentioned. and yes, i was pretty damn clear in my point that this is not the best charity (can larding more money on a likely millionare trust fund kid even be considered charity?). i explicitly said that people should consider giving their money to kids who are far more likely to need it. because money almost certainly is not going to be this kid's issue. you can be angry about that observation all you want. doesn't make it irrational or mean-spirited or whatever you're trying to contort it into. a number of people explicitly agreed with me, others didn't feel like commenting lest they too get flamed for a perfectly reasonable stance

i mean, maybe you knew dick jefferson. if so, i can understand your emotion about somebody questioning the end result of something being done to honor your acquaintance. if not...weird stuff

set the kid up for life...no skin off my back. i'm sure people will treat him completely authentically as he grows up with the public knowledge that he's got financial resources and no parents to guide him...that'll be great for him becoming a well-adjusted adult
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#7 » by Susan » Sat Jan 1, 2022 12:59 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

There's been rumblings that Tony Dungy has been helping out throughout this process. Not sure who else is up there doing the dissecting.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#8 » by Dresden » Sat Jan 1, 2022 1:48 am

Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

There's been rumblings that Tony Dungy has been helping out throughout this process. Not sure who else is up there doing the dissecting.

I hope they have a sharp knife and a steady hand, whoever it is....
Dresden
RealGM

Post#9 » by Dresden » Sat Jan 1, 2022 2:35 am

Looks like GA will get a rematch with Alabama- they seem like they were destined to decide the national champion between them. Too bad for Harbaugh.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#10 » by dice » Sat Jan 1, 2022 2:52 am

Dresden wrote:Looks like GA will get a rematch with Alabama- they seem like they were destined to decide the national champion between them. Too bad for Harbaugh.

michigan might have deserved the #1 seed, but looking like a good thing they didn't get it. better to have the best 2 teams face off in the title game rather than immediately following their conference title game clash

was hoping that at least one of the games today would be close
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#11 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sat Jan 1, 2022 3:28 am

JuJu or Mike Williams would be great free agent targets.

My preferred coaching option would be Leftwich. I am convinced that Leftwich could groom Fields into an all-pro and build a complete offense. Need somebody who is willing to push the ball down the field and put points on the board.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,763

Post#12 » by Jeffster81 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 7:02 am

Susan wrote:Why the hell are we playing Andy Dalton?

He's useless and not under contract next year - I hope Glennon puts it on us because this is so stupid.

Starting Dalton is Nagy's way of flipping the bird at Bears fans.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,376

Post#13 » by HoopsterJones » Sat Jan 1, 2022 8:28 am

Clean house, top to bottom and hope Fields can be developed into a franchise QB. If not, start all over.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
Dresden
RealGM

Post#14 » by Dresden » Sat Jan 1, 2022 11:29 am

Jeffster81 wrote:

That's what everyone said last week when he started Foles. Let's face it, unless he plays Fields, who sounds like he's hurt, he's going to be pummeled by Bears' fans.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,763

Post#15 » by Jeffster81 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 11:42 am

Dresden wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

That's what everyone said last week when he started Foles. Let's face it, unless he plays Fields, who sounds like he's hurt, he's going to be pummeled by Bears' fans.

Big difference is this week is his last game as HC at Soldier Field. Last chance to stick it to those fans that chanted for him to get fired. Plus, it would not surprise me if somebody in the FO told him that Fields is done for the season and that he only had Foles/Dalton for the remaining games.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#16 » by MAQ » Sat Jan 1, 2022 4:42 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:
Dresden wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

Big difference is this week is his last game as HC at Soldier Field. Last chance to stick it to those fans that chanted for him to get fired. Plus, it would not surprise me if somebody in the FO told him that Fields is done for the season and that he only had Foles/Dalton for the remaining games.

So is Nagy sticking it to fans or his he following his boss's orders? It literally cannot be both.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#17 » by ChettheJet » Sat Jan 1, 2022 5:10 pm

Option #1 but without overhauling the roster.

What they need first is a team president who can find and sign a new GM and football operations guy. That GM has to find a head coach who can organize but unlike Nagy isn't intent on proving how much of an offensive genius his is nor how smart of a head coach he is. What you want in a president is a politically savvy guy who can oversee the construction of the new stadium. A guy like but not John McDonough was for the Cubs and Blackhawks and NOT like Dallas Green was with the Cubs. Find the reincarnation of Jim Finks and let him do his job. That's as important as anything in the history of the franchise and can't be left to any McCaskey.

Most teams make changes every year, the Bears have a number of big money FAs that they can let go and free up space to retool where they are short now. They can't afford to retain Aikeem Hicks, he's older every year, he gets injured every year and both of those are only going to get worse. They can't afford Allen Robinson even if they get a new offensive coach who can get him the ball more often with Fields. There are always receivers on the market. They both make too much money while not dominating the game.

The pandemic has let them try out a whole new secondary and some of those guys look like they should move up from the practice squad. They have a lot of quality football players at most positions so adding very good FAs to the mix should cure most ills. They have one more year of no FRP. Yes Pace has drafted well in the late rounds but giving up multiple picks for Mack, Mitch and Fields means they haven't been able to draft an instant starter for the last 5 years and that's why Pace has got to go.

They need an aggressive play caller in the red zone, for the past 20 years it seems like once they get there they play not to risk the FG instead of trying to get a TD. They need an offensive coach who wants to keep Montgomery on the field all 3 downs. If that means playing two running backs at the same time, so be it but Montgomery shouldn't run once, catch a pass and go to the bench for a play or two.
micromonkey
Starter
And1: 627

Post#18 » by micromonkey » Sat Jan 1, 2022 5:29 pm

This is exactly why they should have been out last year.

I don't even know how you would say that Dalton has shown you anything over Foles - who has more data (all of it better-accuracy, less INT more air yards) in his tenure. Forget Fields--pretend he wasn't here this year--we'd likely have been screaming for Foles.

All QB play got worse this year--which seems to be the Nagy Special.

This is why you fire the guy now/thanksgiving vs letting him do stupid crap like this.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,411

Post#19 » by fleet » Sat Jan 1, 2022 6:29 pm

Mike Glennon was paid more by the Bears than all his other teams combined. Dalton and Foles both sucking from the Bears teat as well
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#20 » by Chi town » Sat Jan 1, 2022 6:39 pm

Overhaul it all. Top to bottom. Pace has to go too based on cap and so many misses in early draft, but more than anything his DISASTER OF DEVELOPMENT PLAN for Fields. He’s should be fired alone for believing Dalton was the guy this season and Fields should sit.

Tony Dungy, Trace Armstrong we need a guy like that to take over just like AK. That guy picks GM and Coach.

Return to Chicago Bulls