Image ImageImage Image

Bears talk 3.0: Regime & team changes are sorely needed & upon us

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

What do you think happens this Bears off season?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:20 pm

Phillips, Pace, & Nagy go & major roster upheaval
56%
Only Pace & Nagy are replaced & major roster upheaval
26%
Only Nagy goes & we have major roster upheaval
15%
Other - Specify in post like option 1 but minor retool
3%

Total votes: 39

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,206

Re: Bears talk 3.0: Regime & team changes are sorely needed & upon us 

Post#361 » by fleet » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:13 am

:droop:

Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Post#362 » by Chi town » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:53 am

With the right hire and a solid draft and FA and we should be the Bengals next season. They are fun to watch. I want our offense to out up points.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#363 » by Dresden » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 am

fleet wrote::droop:

Read on Twitter

Ugh- please not someone from inside the org. We need some fresh thinking.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#364 » by Dresden » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:17 am

Mbrahv0528 wrote:
dice wrote:

there is ZERO chance that nagy just blew off trubisky and didn't reschedule
Considering this information was given only on the pretext of being granted anonymity..I think you're wrong. Not to mention the other damning information in this article regarding Nagy and Trubisky.

Sent from my SM-F711U using RealGM mobile app

It really doesn't add up. If you're Nagy, you know that your job pretty much depends on you winning with the new QB- so why would you give up on him, or blow off meetings with him, and basically, the way it comes across, just stop trying to make him better? that seems so self defeating, I can't believe any rational human being would behave that way. So I think there's two sides to this story, somewhere. Maybe one day Nagy will put his side of it out there.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#365 » by Dresden » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:19 am

Good job by the Bengals- the Raiders were a tough out.

I'm hoping Buffalo can put a stake through the Patriots now....
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Post#366 » by dice » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:58 am

Dresden wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
dice wrote:there is ZERO chance that nagy just blew off trubisky and didn't reschedule
Considering this information was given only on the pretext of being granted anonymity..I think you're wrong. Not to mention the other damning information in this article regarding Nagy and Trubisky.

Sent from my SM-F711U using RealGM mobile app

It really doesn't add up. If you're Nagy, you know that your job pretty much depends on you winning with the new QB- so why would you give up on him, or blow off meetings with him, and basically, the way it comes across, just stop trying to make him better? that seems so self defeating, I can't believe any rational human being would behave that way. So I think there's two sides to this story, somewhere. Maybe one day Nagy will put his side of it out there.

had it actually happened it would have destroyed the relationship on the spot. and had mitch gone public with it it would have been a major blow to nagy's reputation. so it would have been an incredibly stupid thing for nagy to do. that's one reason it's highly unlikely. the other is that mitch STILL hasn't mentioned it publicly
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#367 » by fleet » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:58 am

Dresden wrote:
fleet wrote::droop:

Read on Twitter

Ugh- please not someone from inside the org. We need some fresh thinking.

If this is done as an extension of George, perhaps not good. We have those earlier reports that the perception is that no new regime has been truly free to build their own programs under these McCaskeys/Phillipses. More accomplished people that have done it before on other teams would be more likely able to be more independent than the apprenticeship programs the Bears lean toward. Kelly would fall under the category of too groomed for comfort as well. These folks need to he challenged from within by proven winners outside of HH.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#368 » by Susan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:14 am

The Brian Daboll interview is off to a strong start. (he's interviewing tomorrow)

Buffalo's WR group is good, but not OMFG good but Daboll schemes them open so freaking much. Allen's arm talent is absurd and he's a top tier runner and Daboll knows exactly how to use him. Not saying they're the exact same player but lots of what Allen does would work with Fields as well.

Would have to find our Stefon Diggs.
dice
RealGM

Post#369 » by dice » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:24 am

Chi town wrote:With the right hire and a solid draft and FA and we should be the Bengals next season. They are fun to watch. I want our offense to out up points.

bengals O-line ended the season ranked 20th per PFF. bears were a surprisingly respectable 22nd, due in no small part to the late peters signing. so it's not far-fetched...if fields improves massively

O-lineman grades

78 peters
72 daniels

66 whitehair
61 borom
52 mustipher

jenkins allowed QB pressures at more than double the rate of peters

their final QB grade rankings:

1 brady
2 burrow
3 rodgers
4 herbert
5 allen
6 murray
7 dak
8 cousins
9 tannehill
10 hurts
11 stafford
12 mac attack
13 ryan
14 jimmy
15 mahomes
16 carr
17 lamar
18 dimes
19 teddy
20 russ
21 hill
22 wentz
23 fields
24 tua
25 baker
26 heinicke
27 trevor
28 mills
29 goff
30 darnold
31 zach
32 small ben

fields was 31st in their PRODUCTION rankings because...

off the charts bad on 3rd and 4th down
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#370 » by fleet » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:31 am

Susan wrote:The Brian Daboll interview is off to a strong start. (he's interviewing tomorrow)

Buffalo's WR group is good, but not OMFG good but Daboll schemes them open so freaking much. Allen's arm talent is absurd and he's a top tier runner and Daboll knows exactly how to use him. Not saying they're the exact same player but lots of what Allen does would work with Fields as well.

Ok. The hot coordinator. With an elite quarterback by the way. At least he’s done it for more than 6 months. But this franchise has seen enough of guys with schemes. Count me in for accountability discipline aspects on penalties, and also common-sense offensive concept of less shotgun, more run game, more play action, more protection, more roll out, less routes. Execution. Meat and potatoes baby. If that is what Daboll does, he’ll have my support. If Justin’s special talents pan out, he and the offense will be best served by the coaching basics.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Post#371 » by Chi town » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:36 am

Susan wrote:The Brian Daboll interview is off to a strong start. (he's interviewing tomorrow)

I think Dabol would use JF1 well. More important is that the next HC is a leader of men. If he is he will hire the right guy to scheme for the offense and he himself will demand excellence from JF1. I don’t want a QB whisperer also Nagy. I want a leader.

Bills are destroying Bellicheck. Kinda gotta love it.
Susan
RealGM

Post#372 » by Susan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:34 am

fleet wrote:

Ok. The hot coordinator. With an elite quarterback by the way. At least he’s done it for more than 6 months. But this franchise has seen enough of guys with schemes. Count me in for accountability discipline aspects on penalties, and also common-sense offensive concept of less shotgun, more run game, more play action, more protection, more roll out, less routes. Execution. Meat and potatoes baby. If that is what Daboll does, he’ll have my support. If Justin’s special talents pan out, he and the offense will be best served by the coaching basics.

An elite QB that he developed - that has very, very similar strengths to our kid.

Here's everybody on the list thus far:
Todd Bowles - 58, Tampa DC. seems to be a leader of men and elite tactician on the defensive side of the ball, done it before and failed - big questions on the offensive side of the ball

Brian Daboll - 46, Bills OC, came up in NE, defected with Mangini and was OC in Cleveland, Miami and Cleveland + Alabama, developed Allen to MVP level after a rough rookie year

Matt Eberflus - 51, Colts DC - I listened to the Hoge & Jahns podcast where they talked with a Colts beat writer, runs a 4-3, has Rod Mareneli influence which is part of that Lovie Smith tree

Brian Flores - 40, ex-Miami HC - we've talked about him

Leslie Frazier - 62, Bills DC - failed in Minnesota, ex-Bear, old, Buffalo is good on D but not good enough to justify a second shot

Nathaniel Hackett - 42, Packers OC - seems to be really high energy, Bills OC in 2013-14, Jags OC 16-18 - highlight of his resume is what he got out of Blake Bortles

Byron Leftwich - 42, Tampa OC - ex 1st round pick as a QB, has been calling plays for Bruce Arians for Tampa since he got there, helped get 5k yards and 30tds/30ints from Winston

Doug Pederson - 53, ex Philly HC - won a SB, too close to Nagy and flamed out after Frank Riech left

Dan Quinn - 51, Dallas DC - was HC for Atlanta, they were great when they had Kyle Shanahan and fell off slowly but surely, made it to the Super Bowl and 28-3

We don't know who is getting interviewed in college, so I'll include Fitz and Harbaugh

I guess I'd have tiers:

Tier 1 - Done it before
Harbaugh
Flores

Tier 2 - High level coordinators with limited flaws, would be pumped but need to see the rest of the staff
Daboll
Bowles
Leftwich

Tier 3 - Dunno
Hackett
Eberflus
Fitz

Tier 4 - Please god no, retreds
Frazier
Pederson
Quinn
Dresden
RealGM

Post#373 » by Dresden » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:41 am

Buffalo 40, Pats 10. What a beat down. And Beliceks team doing such un Belicek things, like getting flagged for having 12 in the huddle.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,756

Post#374 » by Jcool0 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:54 am

fleet wrote:

When has the Bears had a scheme? Nagy wasn't calling plays in KC, no matter what Andy Reid says. That is his team and his offense. Daboll is the one installing and calling that offense. He also had to develop Allen who was a terrible QB in college. McDermott is a defensive coach he isnt doing much if anything with that offense.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#375 » by Jcool0 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:17 am

Read on Twitter
Susan
RealGM

Post#376 » by Susan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:19 am

Read on Twitter

Against the greatest Head Coach/Defensive mastermind of all time.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#377 » by Jcool0 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:19 am

Read on Twitter
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#378 » by Jcool0 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:20 am

Read on Twitter
dice
RealGM

Post#379 » by dice » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:25 am

Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Against the greatest Head Coach/Defensive mastermind of all time.

in the playoffs

still, 2 extra points blocked, so not exactly a perfect offensive game. similar to a pitcher who loses a perfect game because of 2 errors
Susan
RealGM

Post#380 » by Susan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:32 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He coached Tua in Alabama but Tua ain't Justin.

Return to Chicago Bulls