Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 5

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,651

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 5 

Post#481 » by sco » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:02 pm

Seems less crazy with the play of our other guards, but just sayin Lonzo, Pat, TBJ, POR 1st works for Simmons.
:clap:
Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 356

Post#482 » by Guy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:23 pm

sco wrote:Seems less crazy with the play of our other guards, but just sayin Lonzo, Pat, TBJ, POR 1st works for Simmons.

Last thing we need is less spacing. I think we should
prioritize filling in the front court weakness.
Raptors Board

Lord_Zedd wrote:That was the best worst game I've ever seen in a long time.

The Bulls are forever our fathers
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,453

Post#483 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:14 pm

Guy wrote:
sco wrote:Seems less crazy with the play of our other guards, but just sayin Lonzo, Pat, TBJ, POR 1st works for Simmons.

Last thing we need is less spacing. I think we should
prioritize filling in the front court weakness.

I would’ve traded for Simmons months ago. Him with Demar and Zach is just phenomenal. People are sleeping on him too much. He’d also be someone who could guard Durant, Giannis etc.

But I’m happy with Lonzo as well. But that’s a risk that might be worth taking. Buy low
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,068

Post#484 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:27 am

Ben Simmons is a mentally soft, a quitter and doesn't work to improve his game.

If I'm a GM, I wouldn't touch it.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,180

Post#485 » by _txchilibowl_ » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:05 am

We literally have no idea if any of those things are true about Ben Simmons. How could we?
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#486 » by BullChit » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:43 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:We literally have no idea if any of those things are true about Ben Simmons. How could we?

Not 100%

But there is nothing wrong with noticing recurring patterns
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
cubsfan23
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#487 » by cubsfan23 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:23 am

I wish Jonathan Isaac was healthy and gettable. Think he fits even better than grant as an outstanding rim protector and rebounder. Can still hit a three and handle a bit too with experience playing next to vuc.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#488 » by gobullschi » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:34 am

cubsfan23 wrote:I wish Jonathan Isaac was healthy and gettable. Think he fits even better than grant as an outstanding rim protector and rebounder. Can still hit a three and handle a bit too with experience playing next to vuc.

Would you trade Patrick Williams for him?
cubsfan23
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#489 » by cubsfan23 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:45 am

gobullschi wrote:
cubsfan23 wrote:I wish Jonathan Isaac was healthy and gettable. Think he fits even better than grant as an outstanding rim protector and rebounder. Can still hit a three and handle a bit too with experience playing next to vuc.

If healthy absolutely. He’s shown dpoy potential and had success guarding Giannis. Not sure why the magic would trade him honestly but he’s been talked about as a possible trade chip because of their loaded front court. They’d probably have to view pwill as more of a 3 for it to make sense for them.

Probably a pipe dream though something is strange with the situation he tore his acl August 2020 so either not healthy or something else going on. I know he’s antivax although he speaks very intelligently about it. Also just released a book with Ben Shapiro about why he stands for the national anthem. Not saying whether any of these things are good or bad but he may cause distractions and not be the best guy in the locker room.

But watching his highlight videos he just seems like everything we need and a real difference maker.
Bulls2021
Pro Prospect
And1: 544

Post#490 » by Bulls2021 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:45 am

gobullschi wrote:

That would be a no brainer if healthy. Unfortunately his health is too big of a question mark, especially with his current contract. It's just too big of a gamble.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

NBA Trade Thread # 5 

Post#491 » by StunnerKO » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 am

He wouldn’t be able to play any NY games or any other vax’ed arenas
Bulls2021
Pro Prospect
And1: 544

Post#492 » by Bulls2021 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:53 am

StunnerKO wrote:He wouldn’t be able to play any NY games or any other vax’ed arenas

Those rules only apply to the home team players. He could play in NY. I'm assuming it's the same in Golden State.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#493 » by gobullschi » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:16 am

Chicago:
Marcus Morris Sr., Nicolas Batum, & Hamidou Diallo

Detroit:

Troy Brown Jr., Marko Simonovic, & 2022 1st (POR)

LAC:
Coby White, Trey Lyles, Derrick Jones Jr.

Lonzo Ball / Alex Caruso / Ayo Dosunmu
Zach LaVine / Hamidou Diallo
DeMar DeRozan / Patrick Williams / JaVonte Green
Marcus Morris Sr. / Nicolas Batum
Nikola Vucevic / Tony Bradley
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant

Post#494 » by StunnerKO » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:17 pm

Bulls2021 wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:He wouldn’t be able to play any NY games or any other vax’ed arenas

Those rules only apply to the home team players. He could play in NY. I'm assuming it's the same in Golden State.

Stupidest rule I ever seen in my life and makes zero sense . If you’re going to try and be safe then be safe
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant

Post#495 » by StunnerKO » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,651

Post#496 » by sco » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:35 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'd seriously consider Pat, DJJ and POR 1st. I still think he can play next to Vuc without hurting us too much. I didn't want to include DJJ, but the $ don't work otherwise (maybe ask for Lance as part of deal to get some additional talent back). IMO, Turner is a better fit at C going forward and we could consider packaging Vuc, our 1st and maybe Coby or Ayo for another star on draft night.
:clap:
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,068

Post#497 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:51 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:We literally have no idea if any of those things are true about Ben Simmons. How could we?

any of what things? the things I mentioned?

He is soft. Doc & Embiid called him out after the ECF's. Fans turned on him for a horrible showing and not improving.

He's a quitter, he's literally forfeiting money because he doesn't want to play with them anymore.

The man took his ball and went home.

Leave him be.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#498 » by gobullschi » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:09 pm

sco wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'd seriously consider Pat, DJJ and POR 1st. I still think he can play next to Vuc without hurting us too much. I didn't want to include DJJ, but the $ don't work otherwise (maybe ask for Lance as part of deal to get some additional talent back). IMO, Turner is a better fit at C going forward and we could consider packaging Vuc, our 1st and maybe Coby or Ayo for another star on draft night.

Myles Turner cannot play power forward. In a league that’s going small and a team that likes to play SFs at PF, you want the complete opposite?

He’s not a good fit.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant

Post#499 » by StunnerKO » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Myles Turner one of the worst rebounding bigs in the league with his size
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant

NBA Trade Thread # 5 

Post#500 » by StunnerKO » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:34 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:

any of what things? the things I mentioned?

He is soft. Doc & Embiid called him out after the ECF's. Fans turned on him for a horrible showing and not improving.

He's a quitter, he's literally forfeiting money because he doesn't want to play with them anymore.

The man took his ball and went home.

Leave him be.

Well once they threw him under the bus 20 mins after a series when he wasn’t the only one selling that playoff matchup. Yes Ben played bad it was an collective effort . Doc Rivers prob one of the most overrated coaches ever and only has that ring because of thibs defense in Boston other than every team he’s coached has underachieved under his leadership. Then it comes out Ben was going thru something personal in the series that was effecting his play and he wasn’t all the way there so instead of trying to stand by him after the series they ask if Ben could still be a pg on a championship team and he talking about some he don’t know lol like wtf at least lie and say yea . So now when Ben doesn’t mess with you and wants out you then try and back track in the media saying he’s our brother and we want him back only because they want him to play so they can showcase him and then trade him . That’s fake as hell , and prob still not as bad at what harden to Houston on his way out disrespecting the team and players with his antics . Kawhi basically refused to come back from injury with the spurs because he didn’t trust them anymore. Ben isn’t without faults and Philly did enable this behavior in the beginning but they just had as much to do with the 76ers underachieving. Paying Tobias and not trying hard enough to try and keep Jimmy was the 1st thing. Having not shot creator scoring threat on the wing was the 2nd thing because Tobias can’t be your 2nd go to option on offense he has to be third like he was when Jimmy was there. Ben and Embiid didn’t mesh in general because Embiid kind likes the offense to go thru him and slow it down were Ben likes to get up and down think golden state is he was in place of Draymond and played the hub and provided his all nba defense . Now Philly is being stupid with trade demands trying to get a superstar package from an all star talent just because they could have gotten harden last year for him and it didn’t happen because Houston didn’t want to do Morey a favor and took a lesser deal from BK stupidly . Philly best route is to trade him to Minny which would be the perfect trio in KAT / ANT / BEN; the mesh Philly should have went for . Ant becoming a top 10 SG and his shot creating , Kat being one of the best stretch bigs and offensive talents and then you have Ben running the show and providing great defense. Only problem is that Philly wanna add Tobias to any Ben trade and that’s their way of forcing Ben to play for them because they know nobody prob wants to take all that back . They handled this whole situation wrong and you gotta know how much dislike for someone to give up money like Ben doing not to cave and play for you . He rather be anywhere but there

Return to Chicago Bulls