Image ImageImage Image

PG: Mentally Weak Showing

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kdapiton
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: PG: Mentally Weak Showing 

Post#161 » by kdapiton » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:52 am

Ctownbulls wrote:The team has not been good for some time now. Everyone is caught up in the hype and record but the last two weeks have been very iffy. Take away the two buzzer beaters and they've been playing .500 ball with only one strong showing against a crap team.

It's a shame the media latched on to this team while they've been playing poorly.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

This has troubled me

I get we have injury issues but man when we face a good team we really don't look too sharp at all. We also keep getting breaks such as one of the opposing teams main player is out. I was very happy with the streak but it was misleading in ways that you bought up.

I'm a very pessimistic person by nature and because of that I admit i'm not objective all the time but I look at the top 5 seeds in the East and I think, are we actually better than any of them?
we go jim
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#162 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:55 am

Finally got to watch the game. Not mad or more worried than I was before, but the game clearly showed our defensive weaknesses. It's going to be tough with Vuc out there against the top teams. Rotating quick enough to guard the full-strength Nets is almost an impossible challenge to begin with and it's even harder when one guy is not able to help with that and only guards at the rim (well, sometimes I guess). You just can't play drop all the time against the best teams in the league and expect it work.

I don't really understand why so many here see size as our main issue. Sure, get a backup C on the buyout market. But to me, the main challenge is clearly finding athletic wing defenders who can make the rotations for Vuc and be somewhat playable on offense. Javonte and/or DJJ, as much as I like both guys, are not the solution IMO. Problem is obviously that the athletic wing defender with length who also provides some spacing is pretty valuable and hard to get (and I don't think Pat is ready yet). I definitely think that something needs to happen at the deadline, though.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,581

Post#163 » by Ice Man » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:38 pm

Little Nathan wrote:But to me, the main challenge is clearly finding athletic wing defenders who can make the rotations for Vuc and be somewhat playable on offense.

I agree, if by "athletic" you mean "big/strong." Because we have several explosive, agile 6' 5" players. What we're missing is somebody who doesn't get pushed around by Kyle Kuzma.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#164 » by Ctownbulls » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:23 pm

kdapiton wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:The team has not been good for some time now. Everyone is caught up in the hype and record but the last two weeks have been very iffy. Take away the two buzzer beaters and they've been playing .500 ball with only one strong showing against a crap team.

It's a shame the media latched on to this team while they've been playing poorly.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

This has troubled me

I get we have injury issues but man when we face a good team we really don't look too sharp at all. We also keep getting breaks such as one of the opposing teams main player is out. I was very happy with the streak but it was misleading in ways that you bought up.

I'm a very pessimistic person by nature and because of that I admit i'm not objective all the time but I look at the top 5 seeds in the East and I think, are we actually better than any of them?

I think we are definitely better right now than most in the East but there is no way I'd actually consider us a threat to win to win the East or the Championship. We are not in the camp of MIL, BOS, GS, PHX.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#165 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:23 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:But to me, the main challenge is clearly finding athletic wing defenders who can make the rotations for Vuc and be somewhat playable on offense.

I agree, if by "athletic" you mean "big/strong." Because we have several explosive, agile 6' 5" players. What we're missing is somebody who doesn't get pushed around by Kyle Kuzma.

Strength is definitely part of it, but quickness is key too. The other 4 guys need to be able to make the rotations Vuc can’t, so they better be able to run, run and run again.

My main issue with Javonte and DJJ is that they’re just going to get ignored by defenses in the playoffs without being able to punish that. Can’t afford that.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,581

Post#166 » by Ice Man » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:54 pm

Ctownbulls wrote:We are not in the camp of MIL, BOS, GS, PHX.

BOS?

Also, people are sleeping on Miami, but the Heat are in 2nd place in the East, have had by far the most injuries of any team that has a good record (the Clippers have been worse off, but they are 21-22), and have already played 25 road games. They surely are as good as any team in the East, aside from Brooklyn when the Nets are in 5th gear.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#167 » by donaldtrump_00 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 am

jc23 wrote:no team is suppose to beat a healthy and available Nets. Healthy Bucks barely got by them last season with Kyrie and Harden both hurt.

well, I have some more bad news. There still not fully healthy because there missing the player who makes it that more harder to double one of the big 3. Joe Harris. and i think rotation players like bruce brown were out to. but now KD is injured which i feared would happen. that mcl wont hurt them much because he's most likely going to miss about 2 months and i feel like he will be rested and harden and kyrie will still get them in the playoffs with like a 5 or 6th seed

but as for chicago, need to see some more effort and boxing out the rebounding and then a solid effort on doing team work with only iso with demar.

Return to Chicago Bulls