Image ImageImage Image

Dubs @ Bulls, RS GT 40, 14 Jan 2021, 6:30 PM CT, NBCSCH

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Re: Dubs @ Bulls, RS GT 40, 14 Jan 2021, 6:30 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#461 » by Dan Z » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:49 am

bad knees wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Bulls2021 wrote:He hates TBJ. I'm convinced.

it's weird. Yes, McKinnie hustles but TBJ is more skilled (and productive).

Indeed. TBJ is having a stellar night. 20 mins, O points, 1 rebound, 2 assists. We ought to be feeding him.

I agree that he's having a terrible game. I'm referring to previous games where he's been productive. He's more skilled than McKinnie IMO.

Nobody on the Bulls is doing well tonight.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#462 » by kodo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:49 am

This is a team that Milwaukee blew out. Can't wait to see how our 4 games vs Milwaukee go!
kdapiton
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#463 » by kdapiton » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:49 am

no lie for whatever reason i binged hells kitchen for like two weekends a month or so ago.
we go jim
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#464 » by Wingy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:50 am

umfan83 wrote:
Wingy wrote:
umfan83 wrote:
Lots of teams are missing guys, most of them don't lose by 30+ at home in back to back games. 3 of our top 4 players are playing. Warriors are missing 2 of their 4 best. This isn't just 'we don't have Caruso and Green so our defense is going to suck and we'll lose by 10'. This is a 'why do they keep turning it over unforced and why are they constantly letting guys blow by them for layups without help defense, where is the effort' type of stretch

We ain’t the Warriors, no one is. Doesn’t make sense to compare us to the favorite, and a reigning mini-dynasty that drafted at a historically great rate, then were further aided by the one-time cap balloon. They’re still benefiting from the latter in the form of Wiggins.

Missing Caruso, and Green, and DJJ, and despite his young inconsistency, Pat would certainly help at times...and Zach. And I’m sure they’re pretty mentally shell-shocked by Zach’s injury.

But they are not beating teams by 30+ every night. Its not just losing to them...it's not just getting blown out by them, its losing by 40+ to them that is concerning. The Warriors are on the road, 2 of their top guys out, got blown out just yesterday 90 miles from here. These are games the Bulls should be getting up for and yet the Warriors came out and scored 37 in the first. Poor effort right from the start.

Again, they’re the league’s gold standard right now. They can do things other teams can’t.

You don’t think that blow out motivates them?

You don’t think Zach’s injury hurt and shocked the team in the first?

They’ve been the best team in the league all year without 1 of those 2 missing players. Caruso isn’t as good, but in terms of being the heart of a team, he is basically our Draymond.

It’s disappointing. Can’t sugar coat it. But to get crazy down about it being a huge blowout against a prideful, highly-motivated, best team in the league, mini-dynasty after our best player just got a scary ass injury right out of the gate? Oh, and I forgot to mention on top of all they’ve had going for them...an ownership group willing to pay luxury tax out the wazoo.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#465 » by coldfish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:51 am

The defenders on this team were supposed to be Caruso, Pat and Ball primarily. 2 of 3 are out. Javonte has become underrated for his hustle. DJJ made a difference too.

The injuries have functionally broken the entire team concept but I'm going to throw something else out there: The Bulls early on were a physically aggressive team. When the refs weren't calling much, it worked. Now it seems that whenever they try to play defense, the whistle gets blown . . .

If you are going to play defense without fouling you have to be big and athletic. The Bulls are either small or non athletic (Vuc). The refs going back to the old rules seems to have taken a lot of players back to their old habits.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#466 » by Dan Z » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:52 am

I know he's a deep bench player, but I don't understand what the Bulls see in Matt Thomas.
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#467 » by umfan83 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:54 am

Wingy wrote:
umfan83 wrote:
Wingy wrote:
We ain’t the Warriors, no one is. Doesn’t make sense to compare us to the favorite, and a reigning mini-dynasty that drafted at a historically great rate, then were further aided by the one-time cap balloon. They’re still benefiting from the latter in the form of Wiggins.

Missing Caruso, and Green, and DJJ, and despite his young inconsistency, Pat would certainly help at times...and Zach. And I’m sure they’re pretty mentally shell-shocked by Zach’s injury.

But they are not beating teams by 30+ every night. Its not just losing to them...it's not just getting blown out by them, its losing by 40+ to them that is concerning. The Warriors are on the road, 2 of their top guys out, got blown out just yesterday 90 miles from here. These are games the Bulls should be getting up for and yet the Warriors came out and scored 37 in the first. Poor effort right from the start.

Again, they’re the league’s gold standard right now. They can do things other teams can’t.

You don’t think that blow out motivates them?

You don’t think Zach’s injury hurt and shocked the team in the first?

They’ve been the best team in the league all year without 1 of those 2 missing players. Caruso isn’t as good, but in terms of being the heart of a team, he is basically our Draymond.

It’s disappointing. Can’t sugar coat it. But to get crazy down about it being a huge blowout against a prideful, highly-motivated, best team in the league, mini-dynasty after our best player just got a scary ass injury right out of the gate? Oh, and I forgot to mention on top of all they’ve had going for them...an ownership group willing to pay luxury tax out the wazoo.

It’s not one game though. It’s back to back games needing a miracle buzzer beater to beat Indiana and Washington, trying everything they can to lose to the Magic, blowouts to the Mavs, Nets and Warriors. Haven’t beat a good team in a month, etc. their play has gotten worse as teams have figured them out. They are a good team and deserve credit for winning all those games against bad teams but I think we’re seeing a readjustment of expectations. Would love to be wrong
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#468 » by kodo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:55 am

My concern is that the FO will use the injuries/covid to excuse real defensive problems w/ the team, like when Zach comes back all these defensive lapses will go away.

There's a lot wrong w/ the team that has nothing to do with Lavine.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#469 » by bad knees » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:58 am

Our early season success was fragile. Every piece was needed, everyone covered for another teammate’s weakness. The core element was Caruso and the defense. As that has chipped away, the dam is finally bursting.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Post#470 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:06 am

BloodyQ wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:This might be a good time to bring in Shaq Harrison or Arci. We need a scrappy defender to fill our defensive void.

Arci is way better than Matt Thomas....should have kept him.
No he isn't and he was just waived by the Knicks who are hot garbage.

Sent from my SM-F711U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Chicago Bulls