Image ImageImage Image

PG: Not contenders right now

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Re: PG: Not contenders right now 

Post#21 » by Dan Z » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:31 am

Read on Twitter
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#22 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:31 am

The Bulls really struggle with motion offenses. Teams can cut, screen, and back screen them to death. If the Bulls are made to chase for 24 seconds, they’ll typically make a mistake somewhere along the way. Miami and GS run these offenses really effectively.

Continued lack of size is also hurting significantly. Giving up easy offensive rebounds and guys just being able to shoot over our players is a big problem. Even if Coby is in the right position, it’s just so easy to shoot over him.

The first problem can be corrected with coaching and practice assuming the players have the defensive IQ and intensity to do it. The second can only be solved through trade.

Regardless of Zach, this team needs size and length IMO at the 4 spot. It’s a problem that should be fixed.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,224

Post#23 » by umfan83 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:36 am

Dan Z wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean really the first 25+ point home loss should have been but ok
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,236

Post#24 » by kodo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 am

It's more than size, players aren't even in positioned correctly. When guard defenders like Troy Brown and Coby and Ayo play the forward position, they are getting lost for a second and that's all it takes. Javonte lacked size but he knew where to be. So at least you have to score over a body between the ball and bucket. Basic basketball 101 plays like the P&R are working on the bulls where opposing roleplayers are getting dunks because players aren't picking up the ball on the P&R.

And the size issue is still there on top that, mid-size players like Wiggins at PF are just getting free dunks on our PG defenders playing the forward position like Ayo & Coby.

My fear is that with Zach out for some time, the FO will just blame the losses on Lavine's absence and not fix the deep rooted roster problems that the Bulls have that aren't related to Lavine's absence in any way.
cowraiser
Assistant Coach
And1: 239

Post#25 » by cowraiser » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:44 am

kodo wrote:It's more than size, players aren't even in positioned correctly. When guard defenders like Troy Brown and Coby and Ayo play the forward position, they are getting lost for a second and that's all it takes. Javonte lacked size but he knew where to be. So at least you have to score over a body between the ball and bucket. Basic basketball 101 plays like the P&R are working on the bulls where opposing roleplayers are getting dunks because players aren't picking up the ball on the P&R.

And the size issue is still there on top that, mid-size players like Wiggins at PF are just getting free dunks on our PG defenders playing the forward position like Ayo & Coby.

My fear is that with Zach out for some time, the FO will just blame the losses on Lavine's absence and not fix the deep rooted roster problems that the Bulls have that aren't related to Lavine's absence in any way.

yeah Billy said in the postgame that our players don't have the defensive habits right now.
ch434355
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#26 » by ch434355 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:48 am

Dan Z wrote:
Read on Twitter

Then why'd you take 10 shots
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,615

Post#27 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:52 am

These two ESPN games couldn't have gone much worse - I didn't even watch the second half tonight, between the 30+ point deficit at the half and Zach's uncertain status, I just couldn't - but right now Zach's status is all that matters.
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,183

Post#28 » by BloodyQ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:59 am

ch434355 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm thinking there's something internally going on....if they lose like this a few more times than it will be obvious.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,752

Post#29 » by Jeffster81 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:03 am

Shill wrote:The multiple embarrassing blowouts on national television are deeply concerning.

Hopefully LaVine's knee is okay.

Back to the drawing board.

The blowouts are bad enough, the blowouts on national t.v. is just as bad, but what pisses me off is the blowouts on national tv AT HOME. If the Bulls have any belief that they compete with the elite of the leauge, not shatting the bed on national tv against the elite is a must.
ch434355
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#30 » by ch434355 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:05 am

BloodyQ wrote:
ch434355 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm thinking there's something internally going on....if they lose like this a few more times than it will be obvious.

What?
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#31 » by pduh01 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:28 am

BloodyQ wrote:
ch434355 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Read on Twitter

Huh?
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,552

Post#32 » by Ice Man » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:31 am

Well, you can't say this team isn't consistent. Gave up 138 tonight, 138 yesterday. That's defense you can rely on.

But honestly, the only real thing I care about is Zach's knee.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#33 » by The Force. » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:31 am

ch434355 wrote:Vuc isn't a long-term part of this team, that is clear at this point

That’s concerning, being that we traded a young starting caliber center and two FRPs for him.

Perhaps that trade might end up looking pretty lopsided in a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#34 » by BullChit » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:32 am

pduh01 wrote:
Devinpo wrote:It’s messed up but Zach acl is torn most likely . Why do we have this curse

Ok doctor

Dr house at that... Diagnosis without examination...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#35 » by BullChit » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:33 am

pduh01 wrote:
BloodyQ wrote:
ch434355 wrote:

Huh?

Hahaha this forum... Conspiracy theories must be in our blood...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,100

Post#36 » by cool007 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:34 am

Here are some positives:

Bulls have been missing their top key guys (Caruso/Green) and then another key guy out in the first couple of minutes (DJJ and then Lavine). You can totally see the energy is down the drain - This clearly shows the impact that Green/Caruso and Djj when coming off the bench bring to the game.

Lavine as well - as he can go off for 10 straight points on his own and crowd goes wild. So that's also energy. We also lost ton of athleticism with those guys out (along with Cook). DDR and Vuc are one of the worst as far as energy goes.

In short, other top teams can still be good when they miss a couple of key players but this Bulls team can't afford to. On top of it missing it for weeks, well now it's taking a toll - especially we are getting back to back weeks with 4 games in 5 nights and with ton of games. So players are now losing the steam - especially missing rotational guys.

Last game vs Nets - missing our top defensive unit - energy team and athleticism and this game vs Warriors, you are missing your top scorer along with other key rotation guys. It would be different if it was end of the bench players missing (TBJ/Thomas/Bradley/etc).

So I just say, let's just pray that Lavine's injury is nothing serious and out for maybe a week and then get everyone back and put on a show.

Let's get all this out of the way right now -during dog days.
kdapiton
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#37 » by kdapiton » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:10 am

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:[b]These two ESPN games couldn't have gone much worse[/b] - I didn't even watch the second half tonight, between the 30+ point deficit at the half and Zach's uncertain status, I just couldn't - but right now Zach's status is all that matters.

Seriously.

We knew we were in for a tough stretch. And even in the win streak we weren't playing the best basketball. But if you had asked me, I would say the worst way to start this tough stretch of games is getting blown out 3/4 games with the one win coming from a fodder team.

It turns out that's not true because there's an even worse scenario- losing one of your star players to an injury
we go jim
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,266

Post#38 » by prolific passer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:22 am

Seems what you have is 2 all stars in Lavine and DeRozan, 2 other guys who are playing really well as of late in Vuce and Coby, and a bunch of role players who some of which are injured.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,065

Post#39 » by MrSparkle » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:30 am

Really hope it’s just a light sprain or something. Can’t even tell what happened; seemed to land ok.

Bulls always need to go on an injury spree every season. This sucks right now.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,938
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#40 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:29 am

It is what it is. I am adjusting my expectations and being realistic. Wherever they land in the playoffs is fine with me.
I've learned the hard way life is worth enjoying, and to not get too vested emotionally in any activity.
Enjoy the season with it's ups and downs.

I don't even get bent at the Bears & Hawks dysfunction and we have no control over it.

Regarding the Bulls, one game at a time & I hope Zach gets better.

Return to Chicago Bulls