Image ImageImage Image

East playoff seeding tracker

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Re: East playoff seeding tracker 

Post#121 » by dice » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:15 am

d boy gentleman wrote:Cavs and Raptors both lose. So, the Bulls win tomorrow and they clinch; that's how it goes?

yup. got tiebreaker over cavs
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#122 » by JordansBulls » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:56 am

d boy gentleman wrote:Cavs and Raptors both lose. So, the Bulls win tomorrow and they clinch; that's how it goes?

Bulls don't play tomorrow and next game is vs Milwaukee who we can't beat. Milwaukee and Philly we have no shot against and more likely who we play.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#123 » by samwana » Mon Apr 4, 2022 7:17 am

JordansBulls wrote:

Bulls don't play tomorrow and next game is vs Milwaukee who we can't beat. Milwaukee and Philly we have no shot against and more likely who we play.
well maybe the bucks will rest a few players against us, bc they don't want to risk playing against the nets?

RealGM mobile app
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#124 » by kodo » Mon Apr 4, 2022 3:40 pm

We most likely won't clinch til the last or 2nd to last games of the season. Our next 2 games are back to backs with MIL & BOS, and Cleveland plays Orlando next. Most likely we lose 2, Cle goes up 1.

CLE plays MIL & BRK to finish the season, we might clinch there. But there's also a higher chance both teams rest starters for the very last games. MIL did last year. Bulls got that benefit last season we were the last opponent and we won. Brooklyn has clinched a play-in, they may also rest vs CLE.

Bulls really need to finish winning at least 1 game vs CHA or MIN.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,484

Post#125 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Apr 5, 2022 4:42 pm

Obviously we'll take what we can get, but clinching the 6th seed on a Bulls win rather than a Cavs loss (or both on the same night) seems like it'd be good for morale.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#126 » by Red8911 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 6:17 pm

I don’t worry about making the playoffs, that will happen. Only thing concerning is the possible match ups against Philly or Milwaukee. If they can somehow avoid those 2 and play against Boston that would give the Bulls a really good chance to win in the first round. Sure Boston has been hot but Bulls can take them.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#127 » by Am2626 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 10:39 pm

Red8911 wrote:I don’t worry about making the playoffs, that will happen. Only thing concerning is the possible match ups against Philly or Milwaukee. If they can somehow avoid those 2 and play against Boston that would give the Bulls a really good chance to win in the first round. Sure Boston has been hot but Bulls can take them.

I agree. Boston is the best matchup for the Bulls and should be a series the Bulls at least have a chance in. They have no shot against either Philly or Milwaukee. I wouldn’t have a problem seeing the Bulls fall to 6 if it means they get Boston in the first round. Also would be better for their draft position. I think if the Bulls finish 6 in the Conference and both Toronto and Minnesota have better records Bulls could get the 18th spot in the draft. Winning in the playoffs doesn’t hurt draft position so Bulls could still advance in the playoffs and have a better draft pick. That’s the best case scenario.
dabig3
Rookie
And1: 192

Post#128 » by dabig3 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 2:46 pm

dabig3 wrote:Bulls absolutely need to take 1 of the games between Heat and Bucks. 2 of 3 if we include Celts. And they absolutely need to beat down Charlotte and Minny as those are low playoff teams. So are the Bulls, but of a higher class once they get their heads on straight.

Oooooor we can just get blown out 3 straight times at home :lol: I might need to take back that "positive" comment of being in a higher class of bums.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#129 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 2:03 am

If we get Boston in the first round, I don’t think we win — but I think we can go 6 or 7. Hopefully these donkeys wake up.

We get swept by anyone else
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,154

Post#130 » by Revived » Fri Apr 8, 2022 3:16 am

Every top 4 seed’s fanbase is fighting on most forums to get the chance to play the Bulls in the first round. Especially Boston/Philly/Bucks. It’s kinda sad. I remember very long time ago in the 90s when fanbases used to hit depression when finding out their favorite team would have to play the Bulls in a playoff series.

Currently, Bulls and Cavs are the two teams that everyone wants to play.

It’d be nice if Chicago can pull off an upset of some sort, would be a “careful what you wish for” moment.
Red8911
RealGM

Post#131 » by Red8911 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 4:52 am

If the season ended today then it would be Celtics vs Bulls. Celtics definitely want the Bulls and I imagine the Bulls would want the Celtics. I hope it stays like this, Bulls would have a chance in this series.
TokeBulls
Pro Prospect
And1: 891

Post#132 » by TokeBulls » Fri Apr 8, 2022 6:17 am

Revived wrote:Every top 4 seed’s fanbase is fighting on most forums to get the chance to play the Bulls in the first round. Especially Boston/Philly/Bucks. It’s kinda sad. I remember very long time ago in the 90s when fanbases used to hit depression when finding out their favorite team would have to play the Bulls in a playoff series.

It’d be nice if Chicago can pull off an upset of some sort, would be a “careful what you wish for” moment.

I was thinking the same thing earlier today. All the top playoff teams are licking their chops at the opportunity to play the Bulls in the 1st round. I legitimately think we can see one of those teams tanking their last game or 2 to be able to face the Bulls. That's how absolutely pathetic this team has been.

To the people saying the Bulls would have a chance at beating Boston - really? Boston has been playing damn well. The Bulls would get steamrolled. 6 games at most, imo.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#133 » by samwana » Fri Apr 8, 2022 6:18 am

give ddr and zach rest the next games and stick some ginger in vuc and for pete's sake watch some of the great early season games to remember how to play basketball

RealGM mobile app
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,921

Post#134 » by Wingy » Fri Apr 8, 2022 10:57 am

Red8911 wrote:If the season ended today then it would be Celtics vs Bulls. Celtics definitely want the Bulls and I imagine the Bulls would want the Celtics. I hope it stays like this, Bulls would have a chance in this series.

Yeah. A Lloyd Christmas chance.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,921

Post#135 » by Wingy » Fri Apr 8, 2022 11:09 am

TokeBulls wrote:
Revived wrote:Every top 4 seed’s fanbase is fighting on most forums to get the chance to play the Bulls in the first round. Especially Boston/Philly/Bucks. It’s kinda sad. I remember very long time ago in the 90s when fanbases used to hit depression when finding out their favorite team would have to play the Bulls in a playoff series.

I was thinking the same thing earlier today. All the top playoff teams are licking their chops at the opportunity to play the Bulls in the 1st round. I legitimately think we can see one of those teams tanking their last game or 2 to be able to face the Bulls. That's how absolutely pathetic this team has been.

To the people saying the Bulls would have a chance at beating Boston - really? Boston has been playing damn well. The Bulls would get steamrolled. 6 games at most, imo.

Bucks won’t tank for a matchup, they proved that last year. They didn’t do it, and look how their season ended. Plus who wants to give up HCA in round 2? Fanbases everywhere have been quaking in their boots all year about drawing Brooklyn in round 1. Look, I get it. But Milwaukee is sending their asses home in round 1, and it’ll be because of freedom fighter Kyrie’s big stance that accomplished absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile Boston/Philly both need to win to get us. That’s right.

We’re so bad, we make good teams try during the end of the regular season.

Philly probably also prefers to avoid the Raptors. Check it out...since 2013-2014, for whatever reason Toronto has been sonning them:

https://www.landofbasketball.com/head_to_head_gl/76ers_vs_raptors_game_log_season.htm
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,893

Post#136 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri Apr 8, 2022 1:46 pm

Whats most depressing to me is the Bucks and Celtics trying to maneuver to play us. Makes me sick. We shouldn't have ever been this bad but idk what happened.
Red8911
RealGM

Post#137 » by Red8911 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 3:11 pm

Wingy wrote:
Red8911 wrote:If the season ended today then it would be Celtics vs Bulls. Celtics definitely want the Bulls and I imagine the Bulls would want the Celtics. I hope it stays like this, Bulls would have a chance in this series.

Anything can happen in the playoffs and imo Boston is weaker than both the Sixers and Bucks. Obviously the Bulls need to get their sht together too, sometimes all it takes is a confidence boost at the right time to change things around. It can happen, Bulls aren’t a bad team they should be a lot better like the way they played earlier in the season.
r1terrell23
Bench Warmer
And1: 540

Post#138 » by r1terrell23 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 3:29 pm

Red8911 wrote:
Wingy wrote:

Anything can happen in the playoffs and imo Boston is weaker than both the Sixers and Bucks. Obviously the Bulls need to get their sht together too, sometimes all it takes is a confidence boost at the right time to change things around. It can happen, Bulls aren’t a bad team they should be a lot better like the way they played earlier in the season.

This isn't baseball. Anything doesn't just happen in the playoffs.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#139 » by kodo » Fri Apr 8, 2022 4:32 pm

Contender teams don't really care about the first round. It doesn't matter if it's Chicago or Cleveland or Toronto, they're all confident of beating any low seed easily. This year in the East the Nets are probably the only exception, but I don't think any of the top 4 are all that worried about the Nets either TBH.

They're going to want to maximize HCA for as long as possible.

Think back to the dynasty Bulls, we never gave two cents who was in the first round or tanked games to get some matchup in the 1st.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#140 » by Am2626 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 4:45 pm

kodo wrote:Contender teams don't really care about the first round. It doesn't matter if it's Chicago or Cleveland or Toronto, they're all confident of beating any low seed easily. This year in the East the Nets are probably the only exception, but I don't think any of the top 4 are all that worried about the Nets either TBH.

They're going to want to maximize HCA for as long as possible.

Think back to the dynasty Bulls, we never gave two cents who was in the first round or tanked games to get some matchup in the 1st.

None of the top 4 teams are the Dynasty Bulls. Yeah maybe this year’s Suns are in that boat but the East is very wide open. It’s unfortunate that the Bulls are playing their worst basketball right now but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Nets or Raptors win a first round series. I know that Boston just blew out the Bulls but I still think they are the best matchup for the Bulls. Don’t care about these last 2 games and actually would be nice to improve draft position. Once the playoffs start they need to look at this like it is a brand new season and get back to the confidence they were playing with at the start of the season.

Return to Chicago Bulls