Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 6

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 6 

Post#861 » by ChettheJet » Thu May 19, 2022 7:58 pm

Thybulle's name comes up in trades all the time but PHIL seems to rte him high and has never been interested. He brings a lot of defense and he can score but what do the Bulls have to offer PHIL for a backup to DeRozan for 12-15 minutes a game?

I like Roby, he looked good against the Bulls they just need more size than a 3-4 guy offers. PWill fills the 3-4 description and he needs a backup not another DJJ.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,078
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#862 » by Clint Eastwood » Thu May 19, 2022 9:53 pm

Roby is more a 4/5. Hes 6’8 230.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#863 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:06 pm

Not sure if this would even work but a sign and trade involving White for Bamba? I would love to see Bamba in Chicago.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,251

Post#864 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu May 19, 2022 10:22 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:Roby is more a 4/5. Hes 6’8 230.

Yeah, I realized it after I typed it out and was too lazy to change it. :lol:
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#865 » by MGB8 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:23 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:Roby is more a 4/5. Hes 6’8 230.

Eh, he came in as a 3/4 and has the movement skills of a 3/4. An extremely athletic kid, who is potentially lacking in basketball IQ and just general development. Similar to Jerami Grant when he was young in the league.

I've been pounding the table for Roby for a while. He fits what the team is looking for from the 4 in terms of defensive mobility and versatility (along with offensive versatility) at the 4 spot.

Mind you, he's developmental - but the length, skillset (including some shooting ability - 44% from 3 on 2.2 3PA/G, prior season 74% FT though down to 67%) and movement ability/athleticism gives him a much higher theoretical upside than, say, an Alize Johnson.

Roby the past season had 1.6 assists in 21 mpg vs. 1.0 TO... which speaks to some improvement in BBall IQ (maybe), along with 0.8 blocks and 0.8 steals in that time.
MGB8
RealGM

Post#866 » by MGB8 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:33 pm

Anyway, back to trade ideas:

I just posted in the draft thread the notion of Vuc+Bradley+Coby for Christian Wood and Eric Gordon (with Coby likely re-routed to a 3rd team in exchange for draft consideration).

Vuc+Bradley+18 for Wood and Gordon, no Coby, taking back extra salary (but Coby then likely moved for less salary back and draft consideration) would be a plausible alternative.

For Houston, they seemed to have some issues with Wood towards the end of last season - seemingly not a good fit for a non-competitive, too young team. They very well could see Vuc as a good "big mentor" for Sengun - preferring him to Wood - and then the 2nd part is getting some draft compensation for Gordon (which they have been trying to do for a while).
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#867 » by Chi town » Fri May 20, 2022 1:46 pm

PJSteven22 wrote:
mlitney01 wrote:
PJSteven22 wrote:I understand where are you coming from but I respectfully disagree. We won 46 games with a negative net rating. That doesn’t bode well for this team. Also there’s a lack of two way players. If you want to make that next step. You have to acquire some two way players. So Vuc is the most logical trade piece unless somebody gives you a godfather offer for Demar. If you run this team back, it’s a playin team.

You're talking about trading one of the foundational players on our team. Vuc played the 2nd most minutes behind Demar. Even if you can trade him for a "better fit" or an upgrade in talent, you won't see the benefits for another season or 2. It takes time to gel, evidenced by every team that made it past the 1st round. And replacing a guy like Vuc who was an integral part of our offensive design is going to set up back quite a bit.

I'm okay with trading him, but don't expect a jump from "play-in" team to contender in the very next season. We're probably still a play-in team unless you can replace Vuc with an all-star center or wing. Otherwise you're just kicking the can down the road.

And my previous post was specifically in regards to the few posters who are talking about getting rid of Vuc, Lavine, and Demar cause they "don't play defense". We actually looked quite good in the 1st half before being decimated by covid and injuries. I'm completely okay with running it back with some small roster adjustments and hoping for better injury luck. Of course, if Lonzo is out for next season, that sentiment could change.

Disagree. Vuc was subpar and I don’t think a year will fix it. Also, if you get a center that can guard the PnR and protect the rim. Moving on from Vuc could and would pay big dividends much like Dallas moving from Porzingis. If your big can’t guard the PnR. You’re a first round exit. Plus he’s a FA next year and he’s 33. Might as well get something for him.

This. Completely agree. Only way Vuc is net neutral is if he shoots 40% from 3 and we know that ain’t happening.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#868 » by Chi town » Fri May 20, 2022 1:54 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Isaiah Roby quietly put up some interesting advanced stats for OKC last year. He’s a 3/4, maybe the Bulls can snag him in case he breaks out?

Roby, pick 34 for Coby White

Bulls save some money, get a 2nd rounder (this is OKCs 4th pick of the draft, probably aren’t bringing 4 rookies) and get Roby

OKC gets another guy than can score in the backcourt to help SGA, who has no one else.

Roby is more of the Powell, DFS, Kleiber big that helps Dallas so much. He’d be a solid 3rd big with potential.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

NBA Trade Thread # 6 

Post#869 » by StunnerKO » Fri May 20, 2022 2:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=vOaOhQ85H5CrdidqQ7oCLQ

Read on Twitter
MGB8
RealGM

Post#870 » by MGB8 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:01 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I wonder if Orlando would take Vuc back in a S&T for Bamba --- more in a mentor role. Otherwise, getting him will be hard.

Would love to add him, though. I think that he's sort of like Tyson Chandler was in that he came into the league way too light to hold up. Thankfully, the league being smaller has somewhat reduced the impact of that - and while he likely still too light, he's getting closer to the point where he won't be. Meanwhile, his skillset has been (slowly) developing.

A guy that would be worth gambling on.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#871 » by Chi town » Fri May 20, 2022 5:03 pm

Roby
Jalen Smith
Mitchell Robinson

Those 3 are the targets IMO.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,285

Post#872 » by Lunartic » Fri May 20, 2022 5:03 pm

Not sure if this is the best place but I was flying out of Midway and in the smaller FBO Signature Flights, there was the Lakers private plane parked on the ramp, it has been there for about a week. Dunno if it means anything
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#873 » by d boy gentleman » Fri May 20, 2022 5:06 pm

Lunartic wrote:Not sure if this is the best place but I was flying out of Midway and in the smaller FBO Signature Flights, there was the Lakers private plane parked on the ramp, it has been there for about a week. Dunno if it means anything

Draft combine in Chicago...
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,285

Post#874 » by Lunartic » Fri May 20, 2022 5:09 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
Lunartic wrote:Not sure if this is the best place but I was flying out of Midway and in the smaller FBO Signature Flights, there was the Lakers private plane parked on the ramp, it has been there for about a week. Dunno if it means anything

Good point but id rather think they're poaching Lavine and the Bulls will be left with Westbrook
MGB8
RealGM

Post#875 » by MGB8 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:11 pm

Chi town wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Isaiah Roby quietly put up some interesting advanced stats for OKC last year. He’s a 3/4, maybe the Bulls can snag him in case he breaks out?

Roby, pick 34 for Coby White

Bulls save some money, get a 2nd rounder (this is OKCs 4th pick of the draft, probably aren’t bringing 4 rookies) and get Roby

OKC gets another guy than can score in the backcourt to help SGA, who has no one else.

Roby is more of the Powell, DFS, Kleiber big that helps Dallas so much. He’d be a solid 3rd big with potential.

Yeah, OKC played him some at the 5... but he's a smaller 4, more 3/4 than 4/5:

PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#876 » by PJSteven22 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:16 pm

Lunartic wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

Good point but id rather think they're poaching Lavine and the Bulls will be left with Westbrook

I’d highly doubt it.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#877 » by sco » Fri May 20, 2022 6:42 pm

MGB8 wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I wonder if Orlando would take Vuc back in a S&T for Bamba --- more in a mentor role. Otherwise, getting him will be hard.

Would love to add him, though. I think that he's sort of like Tyson Chandler was in that he came into the league way too light to hold up. Thankfully, the league being smaller has somewhat reduced the impact of that - and while he likely still too light, he's getting closer to the point where he won't be. Meanwhile, his skillset has been (slowly) developing.

A guy that would be worth gambling on.

I just doubt akme is trading Vuc (esp to ORL) for appearances if nothing else. They'd probably consider Coby as compensation, given it'd be a S&T.
:clap:
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#878 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm

Lunartic wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

You derive pleasure from such thoughts?
Chi town
RealGM

Post#879 » by Chi town » Fri May 20, 2022 10:54 pm

I see more 5 then 3 defensively for Roby. 4/5/3.

His shot looks like it could increase volume and still be good
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,265

Post#880 » by kodo » Fri May 20, 2022 11:38 pm

Lunartic wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

They have at least $150M of salary and the cap is $120M. They can only get Lavine if we trade him to LA, so it's entirely in AK's hands.
Zach could go to a cap space team but even that seems iffy that he'll leave that much money on the table when he complained about being shortchanged on his current contract.

Return to Chicago Bulls