Image ImageImage Image

Random topic: What is your favorite post-dynasty moment?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Re: Random topic: What is your favorite post-dynasty moment? 

Post#21 » by khufure » Tue Apr 5, 2022 8:46 pm

PaKii94 wrote:My other favorite moment was Nate Robinson willing the team to a win against the nets. That was around finals time for college and I remember thinking I need to go study but I continued to watch and the game kept going longer and longer and Nate kept heating up more and more. It was ridiculous to see.

I guess I should state I started following the bulls during the 2012-2013 season so missed the baby bulls and DRose era.

I dunno if I have a favorite but was thinking about this one too
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#22 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Apr 5, 2022 8:51 pm

I have several

Baby bulls sweep of the heat. We had mad bragging rights on heat fans for a few years

Game 6 bulls vs celtics

Game 3 vs Atlanta 2011 rose dropped 44. Remember the doom and gloom of that series going back to Atlanta tied 1-1 and how many said it was over for Chicago then rose goes into Atlanta on a Friday night and puts on a absolute show.

Game 7 bulls beat the Nets on the road. Another game where it was over for the Bulls and Game 7 we go into Brooklyn and flat out beat the Nets with heart and hustle. Still can't believe we actually won that one.

Ending the 27 game win streak by the heat. I really liked that nate Robinson Marco belineli bulls team still don't have a clue why garpax didn't keep thar squad together and just added rose to it. I still feel if we did that we come out the East a year or 2 after that. That team had it all. All we had to do was add rose and flip boozer for another big.

Rose game winner on the cavs special moment for me and my sons all of us screaming to the top of our lungs when that shot hit. Will never forget it.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#23 » by umfan83 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 9:32 pm

khufure wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:My other favorite moment was Nate Robinson willing the team to a win against the nets. That was around finals time for college and I remember thinking I need to go study but I continued to watch and the game kept going longer and longer and Nate kept heating up more and more. It was ridiculous to see.

I guess I should state I started following the bulls during the 2012-2013 season so missed the baby bulls and DRose era.

I dunno if I have a favorite but was thinking about this one too

As much as GarPax sucked the last 7 years or so of their tenure, they did a great job of finding guys like Nate Robinson, Marco Bellineli, E'Twan Moore and John Lucas III to fill the gaps during those seasons without Rose (though they only knew Rose would miss significant time that first year). Those teams were clearly not going to win the title but they played hard and were wildly entertaining. Makes me think that the leadership from guys like Noah, Deng and Taj really set the tone for those teams (of course Thibbs was a big part too)

Also makes me wonder if this year's Bulls team would be better with more guys like that on this squad. Maybe I'm being unfair and they have that leadership and that's what's led to even getting to 45 wins, but I think a team that can beat up on bad teams but falls flat 100% of the time against elite teams is missing that extra gear that strong leaders provide.
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
umfan83
RealGM

Post#24 » by umfan83 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 10:04 pm

Underrated great moment. First tenue Hinrich was actually pretty great. This was game 4 of the 2006 Bulls-Heat series, with the Heat winning the first 2, the Bulls coming home and blowing them out in Game 3. This 3 sealed the win and evened the series. Even though they didn't win another game, I loved watching this series. IIRC, after they won the championship Wade called this series their toughest of the playoffs.

https://youtu.be/FeWGVzteJUc?t=6147

Edit: not sure why this doesn't embed in the post but its a link to the game starting at this play.
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,393

Post#25 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Apr 5, 2022 10:17 pm

umfan83 wrote:Underrated great moment. First tenue Hinrich was actually pretty great. This was game 4 of the 2006 Bulls-Heat series, with the Heat winning the first 2, the Bulls coming home and blowing them out in Game 3. This 3 sealed the win and evened the series. Even though they didn't win another game, I loved watching this series. IIRC, after they won the championship Wade called this series their toughest of the playoffs.

Edit: not sure why this doesn't embed in the post but its a link to the game starting at this play.

I actually had some spectacular seats for that game, sitting next to Kirk’s wife (well still GF) and parents. A friend of mines father decided he wanted to golf that day instead and gave us his seats.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,393

Post#26 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Apr 5, 2022 10:19 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
dougthonus wrote:A couple that haven't been mentioned:

1: John Lucas revenge game where he scored 20+ against the Heat to lead the Bulls to victory

2: Bulls end the Heat's 27 game win streak

Damn the bulls ending the heat's win steak was a great game too. I miss that rivalry. That team showed so much heart and grit. Noah was out and they started Nazr freaking Mohammed and still won. I think watching games like those with less talented teams gutting it out is what continues to make me disappointed with our current team who can't seem to step up at all.

We also got this gem from that game:

On the GB there is a thread about favorite regular season games of all time and this came up. It really was something. With teeth!
umfan83
RealGM

Post#27 » by umfan83 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 10:23 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
umfan83 wrote:Underrated great moment. First tenue Hinrich was actually pretty great. This was game 4 of the 2006 Bulls-Heat series, with the Heat winning the first 2, the Bulls coming home and blowing them out in Game 3. This 3 sealed the win and evened the series. Even though they didn't win another game, I loved watching this series. IIRC, after they won the championship Wade called this series their toughest of the playoffs.

I actually had some spectacular seats for that game, sitting next to Kirk’s wife (well still GF) and parents. A friend of mines father decided he wanted to golf that day instead and gave us his seats.

I actually had tickets to the game too but way up in the 300 level behind the basket. I sold them to a friend because I was still in my post college years and getting up for a noon basketball game after a night of partying didn’t seem enticing to me lol. I went to game 3 and game 6
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#28 » by Susan » Tue Apr 5, 2022 10:58 pm

Was at this game - loved BG so to see that game tying 3 was magic.

Was at this game too. They almost killed Lu, everybody was sick/injured but they willed themselves to this win. Jo's peak.

Sadly was at Game 6 of Bulls/Pistons (thanks Doug) in 2006 and Bulls/Cavs in 2015 :(
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#29 » by Wingy » Tue Apr 5, 2022 11:05 pm

Pile on, I’ll deserve it for being that Debbie Downer.*

These types of threads always Bulls depress me. They tend to come up as the team continues to suck and/or flounder. Here we are after such a great start doing both.

:(

* Y’all should have fun and enjoy this thread though.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,180

Post#30 » by _txchilibowl_ » Tue Apr 5, 2022 11:13 pm

Has to be the Noah dunk for me. That was wild. Less than a minute to go in triple overtime???
ShouldaPaidBG
Junior
And1: 183

Post#31 » by ShouldaPaidBG » Tue Apr 5, 2022 11:58 pm

Joakim dunk on Paul pierce followed by Taj put back dunk game 1 against the heat followed by D Rose dunk on Joel Anthony followed by D Rose 44 pts vs hawks followed by D Rose 4 quarter takeover vs bucks followed by the one insane Jimmy Jordan preseason comeback.

This year it's been Demar's game winners and streak in general, Ayo's dunk, and that one insane lonzo full pass to Zach for a 360 sequence.

Return to Chicago Bulls