Image ImageImage Image

Bulls clinched playoff berth!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,440

Re: Bulls clinched playoff berth! 

Post#61 » by samwana » Thu Apr 7, 2022 11:53 am

when lonzo and caruso went out right after each other, that was the dagger that killer us

RealGM mobile app
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,872

Post#62 » by Wingy » Thu Apr 7, 2022 12:07 pm

MrSparkle wrote:So I've much defended Donovan, and he has had a preposterous amount of injuries to his top guys, but rotation wise... he got size back, yet he's largely continued playing small.

Why not try this for a change of pace?

That’s why he doesn’t deserve a whole lot of defense. Roster is Swiss cheese, but Coach’s job is to get the most out of what you actually have.

Why not try [???]? He doesn’t try jack squat.

Not with sensible lineups (size!), not with offense (dribbler ISO!), and not with defense (Vuc!) other than tiny flashes after we’ve already been ripped for a 10-0 run.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#63 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 1:35 pm

Good grief, this is a sad thread.

Can’t speak for anyone else, but I for one am super excited that the Bulls made the playoffs without needing the playin. I am excited for the players in general, because it’s great for any young team to experience the playoffs, as the majority of the core players on the roster haven’t even whiffed it to this point in their careers.

I think when fully healthy, the fan base expectations built a little too high, because I am of the belief that even healthy we would have begun to eventually fall back down to earth; not as much as we have now currently, but I don’t think we could have continued playing as well as we had.

I also think if we had a consistent wins and losses results through the season, people wouldn’t be so gutted right now, because I think as far as the record goes, they are basically what the majority of us expected the team to be, we just happened to peak early and falter late, which sucks, but it is what it is.

Overall making the playoffs is a step in the right direction. You can’t walk before you crawl, and this is just a step in the process. What we can’t do however, is run it back with the exact same roster; perhaps not significant changes, but changes must be made *cough trade Vuc*

Again, whether they get swept or not, I am pumped for the playoffs and can’t wait to see which players step up, which players falter, and it will be a great gauge to see which players truly have “IT” and are worth keeping around, and which don’t.
Why so serious?
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#64 » by Ice Man » Thu Apr 7, 2022 1:47 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:GI also think if we had a consistent wins and losses results through the season, people wouldn’t be so gutted right now, because I think as far as the record goes, they are basically what the majority of us expected the team to be, we just happened to peak early and falter late, which sucks, but it is what it is.

We got to where the team was supposed to be, maybe even somewhat better than expectations, but what a long strange trip it was.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#65 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 1:51 pm

Ice Man wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:GI also think if we had a consistent wins and losses results through the season, people wouldn’t be so gutted right now, because I think as far as the record goes, they are basically what the majority of us expected the team to be, we just happened to peak early and falter late, which sucks, but it is what it is.

We got to where the team was supposed to be, maybe even somewhat better than expectations, but what a long strange trip it was.

It kind of reminds me of the 04-05 season with Scott Skiles where we started the season 0-9 and somehow made it to the playoffs, except of course, it was the opposite in that this team started off hot and is struggling late.
Why so serious?
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#66 » by FriedRise » Thu Apr 7, 2022 4:07 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:What we can’t do however, is run it back with the exact same roster; perhaps not significant changes, but changes must be made *cough trade Vuc*

We need more 3&D guys. AKME took a step forward (or several) by loading up on wing players in favor of jumbo lineups, but most of our wing guys can't shoot. If they wanna run a small ball system, we can't be both undersized and can't shoot; that's just a recipe for disaster.

Some of the lineups we're running out there are so easily neutralized because we either have guys who don't/can't shoot trying to space the floor and/or our supposed shooters who are in a really long slump (Coby, Ayo, Vooch). It makes it super easy for teams to load up on DeMar or one-legged Zach because they got nowhere else to go.
brentmoney
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#67 » by brentmoney » Thu Apr 7, 2022 6:07 pm

FriedRise wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:What we can’t do however, is run it back with the exact same roster; perhaps not significant changes, but changes must be made *cough trade Vuc*

We need more 3&D guys. AKME took a step forward (or several) by loading up on wing players in favor of jumbo lineups, but most of our wing guys can't shoot. If they wanna run a small ball system, we can't be both undersized and can't shoot; that's just a recipe for disaster.

Some of the lineups we're running out there are so easily neutralized because we either have guys who don't/can't shoot trying to space the floor and/or our supposed shooters who are in a really long slump (Coby, Ayo, Vooch). It makes it super easy for teams to load up on DeMar or one-legged Zach because they got nowhere else to go.

you're right but the strange part is that I assumed we were a decent three point shooting team going into the season

vuc regressing to 30% and coby being too streaky are big culprits.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#68 » by FriedRise » Thu Apr 7, 2022 9:11 pm

brentmoney wrote:
FriedRise wrote:

you're right but the strange part is that I assumed we were a decent three point shooting team going into the season

vuc regressing to 30% and coby being too streaky are big culprits.

And don't forget Zach playing injured and Lonzo missing half the season. Those two are by far our best 3pt shooters and where the majority of our 3pt shooting was supposed to come from.

Just sucks that all the things that could go wrong did go wrong.

Return to Chicago Bulls