Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Bucks 1ST Round

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Re: Bulls vs Bucks 1ST Round 

Post#481 » by SfBull » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:16 pm

drosestruts wrote:
SfBull wrote:
cool007 wrote:I still wish we were facing some other team other than Bucks. Bucks were the worst matchup for us (once Brook Lopez came back) as they have size with skills, their role players shooting and championship squad.

I would have rather face Sixers - other than Embiid, they don't have a big (PF/C) and other than Thybulle they don't have great wing defender either.

We'd be likely swept by the Sixers as well.We have talented players but they don't know ( or don't like) to play defense with playoff intensity so we'd have no chance against the Heat or the .Celtics .We need to improve our defensive attitude next season.

Defense looked pretty good in games 1 and 2. Then Allen turned into Klay Thompson and Bobby went super saiyan.

Some things are hard truths. Milwaukee is better, more talented, and deeper than us.

Giannis has been phenomenal, he collapses the defense, we send help, and he's making brilliant passes. Not sure if we just let Giannis score 50 and shut off everyone else. But everytime we help, he makes the right pass and we don't rotate and cover in time, and, this is important too - their guys are shooting lights out.

The Celtics,Heat and Sixers are better ,more talented and deeper than us as well.We don´t need to blow this roster up but some moves are necessary like adding shooters for the bench ,trying to get some big man by draft who can play (or at least having potential for) better defense than Vuc or Bradley,get rid of Coby and Simonovic(unless he shows something good) and ,perhaps,move on Billy for a coach who can make better defensive adjusments during a game.With that said,we´ll still won´t evolve on contenders in the East,maybe moves like that can earn us a win in a first round series but won´t be enough for making Conference Finals if the best teams can keep their rosters.Zach will probably be maxed and we´ll likely stay with a 3 player core who can´t play elite defense.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#482 » by SfBull » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:19 pm

With Caruso ruled out for tonight´s game we have no chance of avoiding a blowout.
Sad.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,370

Post#483 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:41 pm

SfBull wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
SfBull wrote:We'd be likely swept by the Sixers as well.We have talented players but they don't know ( or don't like) to play defense with playoff intensity so we'd have no chance against the Heat or the .Celtics .We need to improve our defensive attitude next season.

Defense looked pretty good in games 1 and 2. Then Allen turned into Klay Thompson and Bobby went super saiyan.

Some things are hard truths. Milwaukee is better, more talented, and deeper than us.

Giannis has been phenomenal, he collapses the defense, we send help, and he's making brilliant passes. Not sure if we just let Giannis score 50 and shut off everyone else. But everytime we help, he makes the right pass and we don't rotate and cover in time, and, this is important too - their guys are shooting lights out.

The Celtics,Heat and Sixers are better ,more talented and deeper than us as well.We don´t need to blow this roster up but some moves are necessary like adding shooters for the bench ,trying to get some big man by draft who can play (or at least having potential for) better defense than Vuc or Bradley,get rid of Coby and Simonovic(unless he shows something good) and ,perhaps,move on Billy for a coach who can make better defensive adjusments during a game.With that said,we´ll still won´t evolve on contenders in the East,maybe moves like that can earn us a win in a first round series but won´t be enough for making Conference Finals if the best teams can keep their rosters.Zach will probably be maxed and we´ll likely stay with a 3 player core who can´t play elite defense.

I don't strongly disagree with any of your points, I think my biggest disagreement would be with Donovan. I'm not sure what you want him to adjust to - playing 7 guys on the court at once? Magically getting different players?

I think this series exposed our roster far more than it exposed our coach. And really highlighted how hampered by the knee injury Zach is.

We all knew we were small all year, now we're facing a team starting 3 6'10" and above players, along with strong permitere defenders in Holiday, Allen, and Matthews. We're walled off from the paint and we can't shoot.

On defense, Giannis is one of the greatest players in the world. He either drives and scores, drives and gets fouled, shoots over whomever is guarding him, or sucks in defenders and kicks it out - where everyone on the Bucks is capable of hitting a 3 or passing it to the next open guy until our rotations fail and they get an open shot.

On the not being a contender - I just watched through 5 years of terrible terrible play. I'll take some playoff berths over whatever the hell that was. I am in no hurry to tank again (also been anti-tank forever). Not that you're suggesting tanking. I'm just saying there's worst fates than being a team maxing out in the 2nd round.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#484 » by JordansBulls » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:24 am

I'm not sure how we improve for next year, the East and West will be a blood bath next year if everyone comes back healthy.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan

Return to Chicago Bulls