Image ImageImage Image

PG: Anyone know when Game 3 starts?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,796

Re: PG: Anyone know when Game 3 starts? 

Post#81 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:45 am

Lavine has the skill set to be the guy but doesn't have the mentality to be the guy its absolutely official now. Its over.

His sound bites to media and podcasts are great, but you can watch him and he just isn't the guy that wants to rip your heart out he just doesn't have it. I always told myself it was because of his bad teams/bad coaches but he's just not that dude.

We built this thing around 3 guys who put up stats but never won. I love Demar but hell they replaced him with a guy at his same position and that team won the freakin championship with the same roster.

Our hearts as fans block our objective eye. I didn't want to trade Ayo and Patty for a star mid season, just like I didn't want to trade Deng when his value was sky high back in the day. I can't help it, but we just won't win thinking like that.

We haven't seen playoff ball in forever and its a very sobering reminder that you need to get dudes anyway you can, cant let ourselves get attached at fun stories during the regular season
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#82 » by Shill » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:51 am

It’s only year two for AKME and we made the playoffs.

I’m not sour on the regime.

But there is a lot of work to be done.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#83 » by MrSparkle » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:03 am

Pretty brutal. I just don’t get how a team can just be so flat for 4 quarters straight. Even the scrubs couldn’t make a shot in garbage time. I guess Tony Bradley hit double digits and Ayo made a nice pass.

Anyway. Here are my really genuine thoughts:

Graysen >> Zach on with a hampered knee
Brook >> Vuc
Jrue >> Caruso
Connaughton >> Coby
Giannis >>>>> Pat
Portis >>>>> Thompson

Demar >>>> Matthews

These aren’t really balanced teams unless Zach, Coby and Pat provide some spacing and scoring threat.

Otherwise, I don’t care if Bucks lose multiple more starters. This team can’t hang with Milwaukee if the scorers play far below the standards they expect of themselves (which simply may be unrealistic).

The offense sucks. Guys overpass and run into walls.
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#84 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:05 am

Folks, this is the same exact personnel that took the Bucks to the limit for games 1 and 2.

Yes, we need new personnel, but no were not so bad to be beat by 30 at home against a team that lost a key player.

Though if you notice in game 2, we kind of had little margin for error and needed Demar to pour in a tremendous game to win it, and that's with Middleton getting injured.

The game was just a repeat of the running theme post all-star break: our inability to respond when punched in the mouth. An inability to adjust. And again that falls on BD.

People are complaining about the lack of production from the bench: If were not getting anything from the bench it's not because no one has the talent, it's because Billy is setting them up for failure. Case in point, we were already down 19-11 in the 1st at 3:42 when Billy took out Zach for Coby. In the third quarter, BD kept our starters on until we were down 24 with 4 minutes left in the quarter and our starters couldn't do any more. Billy doesn't seem to believe in momentum other than "slowing things down."

Billy got NO ONE in the flow and everyone has been hestitating to take shots. Javonte Green's 3 that was particularly effective when Lonzo Ball was around is nowhere to be found and now all he does is hesitate and try to take it to the hoop.

Also, I still don't understand what Tristan Thompson is supposed to be doing on an NBA basketball court.
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

PG: Anyone know when Game 3 starts? 

Post#85 » by The Force. » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:08 am

IMO they should shut Zach down and start Coby. Sure we’ll get blown out two more times but at least we stole one in Milwaukee.

No use in letting a dying cat suffer. Just put it out of its misery and get a newer, better cat in the summer. Preferably one that can shoot threes.

Oh yeah, we should’ve drafted Haliburton. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#86 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:15 am

ArtMorte wrote:I'm so disappointed in Lavine, been a big fan of his ever since he joined, but he's not giving us anything when it really matters.

He's kind of like KAT to a lesser extent.

Doesn't have that dog or fight in him.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,868

Post#87 » by bledredwine » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:27 am

Shill wrote:It’s only year two for AKME and we made the playoffs.

I’m not sour on the regime.

But there is a lot of work to be done.

Exactly.

GM’ing is a lot like playing poker, but you only get one hand a year. You can’t win every hand.

It becomes an issue when you keep folding like Gar Pax did year after year.

He also built something potentially amazing in denver (barring injuries) for years to come. If we were playing poker and got phil ivy to play instead, him folding a couple of hands would be more than tolerated. I’m willing to be very patient with AK and he’s already gotten us into the playoffs.

We’ve also had no toxicity in the media. Coincidence? I think not.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man

Post#88 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:29 am

The real question is what do Zach, Demar, Vooch, and Coby do to help your team when their shots aren't falling?
ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man

Post#89 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:32 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
ArtMorte wrote:I'm so disappointed in Lavine, been a big fan of his ever since he joined, but he's not giving us anything when it really matters.

It's almost as if the guy down in Miami might have been completely in the right of that whole situation.
GusFring
Starter
And1: 2,639

Post#90 » by GusFring » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:38 am

Knee injury or not, lavine sucks if you want to win. Max is a mistake
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#91 » by Jcool0 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:47 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

Bulls lost by 30. No one had a dog or fight in them.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,176

Post#92 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:48 am

Coby has learned nothing in his time in the league. Except to be more timid...
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#93 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:52 am

ChiCityHoops34 wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

It's almost as if the guy down in Miami might have been completely in the right of that whole situation.

Well tbf, Lavine wasn't with Butler then.
ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man

Post#94 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:58 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

Well tbf, Lavine wasn't with Butler then.

Meant more so of the culture in Minnesota. Jimmy wanted the culture in Miami and it couldn't fit him any better. KAT isn't that dude, Zach isn't that dude, Wiggins isn't that dude.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,544

Re: PG: Anyone know when Game 3 startsthus ? 

Post#95 » by PaKii94 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:19 am

This team likes to toy with my emotions. I'm happy it'll be over soon
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,751

Post#96 » by Jeffster81 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:22 am

A: Next year needs to be a "do or die" type year for Billy Donovan. I'm not asking for a championship next year but I am asking for better performances against the better teams in the league. I am so sick and tired of this team shtting the bed against the elite teams. That's a failure on the part of the players but more importantly it's a failure on Billy and his coaching staff for not getting this roster to play against those teams. Billy and his coaching staff needs to do better next season or be gone.

B: Vooch, Coby and Lavine needs to go. I like all three but they all lack that "dog" mentality you need. There is no way I'd considered a max for Zach. Just no damn way.

C: Tonight the Bulls were unprofessional and they shoukld apologize for their performance. This is why I did not want the Bulls to make the playoffs. I just knew they would embarrass the fans.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,921

Post#97 » by Wingy » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:54 am

oldshoolballer wrote:

Me too huge fan. I expected more. I just don't know what to make of Zach anymore.

There’s a number of reasons to be skeptical on Zach. I always point out, and harp on his lack of bbiq and feel for the game/situation.

However, I really don’t think this series should be used as a measuring stick. He has been playing clearly hurt, bordering on injury and still out there for us when he could’ve shut it down months ago and still collected a max contract at the end of the year.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#98 » by Dominator83 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:25 am

ChiCityHoops34 wrote:Lavine has the skill set to be the guy but doesn't have the mentality to be the guy its absolutely official now. Its over.

His sound bites to media and podcasts are great, but you can watch him and he just isn't the guy that wants to rip your heart out he just doesn't have it. I always told myself it was because of his bad teams/bad coaches but he's just not that dude.

We built this thing around 3 guys who put up stats but never won. I love Demar but hell they replaced him with a guy at his same position and that team won the freakin championship with the same roster.

Our hearts as fans block our objective eye. I didn't want to trade Ayo and Patty for a star mid season, just like I didn't want to trade Deng when his value was sky high back in the day. I can't help it, but we just won't win thinking like that.

We haven't seen playoff ball in forever and its a very sobering reminder that you need to get dudes anyway you can, cant let ourselves get attached at fun stories during the regular season

Yea at this point were like a poor man's Minnesota
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#99 » by DrWood » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:30 am

JordansBulls wrote:No reason you should be down 30+ in a series when it is 1-1 at home.

Troll post removed. -Ashy
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Post#100 » by HomoSapien » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:46 am

Zach clearly isn’t healthy. I think the criticism is unfair.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.

Return to Chicago Bulls