Image ImageImage Image

PG: Fire Billy

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Re: PG: Fire Billy 

Post#321 » by mtron32 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:52 pm

nitric0 wrote:I wish we gave up our scrubs for Grant. Man y’all fell in love with our role players.

If Grant was here we'd be yelling for him to be traded.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,426

Post#322 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:20 pm

mtron32 wrote:
nitric0 wrote:I wish we gave up our scrubs for Grant. Man y’all fell in love with our role players.

Apparently, Detroit didn’t want just scrubs either, because Grant was for sale but no one made them an offer worth biting on.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#323 » by Wingy » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:46 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
mtron32 wrote:

Apparently, Detroit didn’t want just scrubs either, because Grant was for sale but no one made them an offer worth biting on.

Yeah, seems like they wanted a package they liked else they were fine to roll with him. Which I’ve said a few times isn’t a bad team building strategy. Just leaving Cade surrounded by pure garbage probably isn’t the best for his development. They could milk injuries (as they did), still get a high pick and have a better chance at being better off sooner than later.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#324 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:48 pm

They are not gonna fire Billy but after watching these other playoff games there is gonna be some changes to the offensive system. We have the worst offensive system of all the playoff teams due to our lack of ball and people movement .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,638

Post#325 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:21 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:They are not gonna fire Billy but after watching these other playoff games there is gonna be some changes to the offensive system. We have the worst offensive system of all the playoff teams due to our lack of ball and people movement .

I agree they won’t fire him yet. But it’s his offense isn’t it? Seems firing him to get a new offensive mind would be a solution.

Regardless, he’ll get another year. Unlike a lot of Bulls fans, the FO has known all along this isn’t the roster they are trying to build. It’s one stage of a process. I think Billy gets next year again at minimum after changes are made.

But I do believe next year is a prove it year for BD.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#326 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:23 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
The 6ft Hurdle wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

They weren't really close at all. All Coby provides is hot shooting randomly 1 of 3-7 games. and yet Grayson shot better from 3 than him and was more efficient overall. He provided a bit more on offense compared to Coby. Then when you add in defense it's not close at all.

There's no arguing that Grayson has better efficiency but I don't think it's that far of a gulf as you seem to think it is. Coby actually scored more this season, but Coby plays a role here, Grayson plays a role there. Coby plays with guys that Billy allows his main players to shoot 3-19 (Vuc) and 6-26 (Demar) to find their rhythm. Grayson plays with Giannis Antetokounpo and friends.

Yeah its someone else fault that Coby misses his wide open shots he gets and commits ridiculous unforced errors .

Allen has 30 fga in the playoffs
Coby has 29 fga in the playoffs

one guy started slow and then picked his game up

The other guy started fast and fell apart at the slightest hint of adversity

What you're saying about Coby is what happened to our team as a whole. Slightest hint of adversity and we have no response.

I'm sure everyone on the team is trying to create a response, but as I've been saying since the start of the all-star break they are not 'organized' in a way that would actually help us meaningfully 'respond', i.e. come back into these games.

Not sure what 'ridiculous unforced errors he makes' other than usual mistakes when playing basketball, compounded by the effect that he's a bench player whose specialty is scoring but without the long leash of a Vucevic or Derozan while already dug into a hole by our starting lineup.

Not blaming but just developing an understanding of what makes this team tick and trying to place things into proper context. And Billy hasn't gotten anyone too, especially not our bench.

Coby hasn't been shooting well, but the majority of the shots Coby took have been when we are already in a hole and trying to catch up while Grayson's open shots have been pretty wide open. I'm guessing the FGAs from Grayson are a lot more uncontested and intentional rather than Coby's which are probably a lot more accidental.

And it's not just Coby. It's our entire bench that has not looked so good when previously when winning, everyone was a glowing example. Now that times are bad, our bench has been labeled worthless. But I think that's in part because Billy is not really empowering our bench to do their thing.
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#327 » by mtron32 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:27 pm

DuckIII wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:They are not gonna fire Billy but after watching these other playoff games there is gonna be some changes to the offensive system. We have the worst offensive system of all the playoff teams due to our lack of ball and people movement .

I agree they won’t fire him yet. But it’s his offense isn’t it? Seems firing him to get a new offensive mind would be a solution.

Regardless, he’ll get another year. Unlike a lot of Bulls fans, the FO has known all along this isn’t the roster they are trying to build. It’s one stage of a process. I think Billy gets next year again at minimum after changes are made.

But I do believe next year is a prove it year for BD.

It's his offense but we have no gunners aside from LaVine and DDR so when they get shut down, no one else can score. They need to fix that first before they try to swap out another coach. Shooters and defenders, we need some bigger bodies as well.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#328 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:46 pm

The 6ft Hurdle wrote:
The 6ft Hurdle wrote:There's no arguing that Grayson has better efficiency but I don't think it's that far of a gulf as you seem to think it is. Coby actually scored more this season, but Coby plays a role here, Grayson plays a role there. Coby plays with guys that Billy allows his main players to shoot 3-19 (Vuc) and 6-26 (Demar) to find their rhythm. Grayson plays with Giannis Antetokounpo and friends.

Yeah its someone else fault that Coby misses his wide open shots he gets and commits ridiculous unforced errors .

What you're saying about Coby is what happened to our team as a whole. Slightest hint of adversity and we have no response.

I'm sure everyone on the team is trying to create a response, but as I've been saying since the start of the all-star break they are not 'organized' in a way that would actually help us meaningfully 'respond', i.e. come back into these games.

Not sure what 'ridiculous unforced errors he makes' other than usual mistakes when playing basketball, compounded by the effect that he's a bench player whose specialty is scoring but without the long leash of a Vucevic or Derozan while already dug into a hole by our starting lineup.

Not blaming but just developing an understanding of what makes this team tick and trying to place things into proper context. And Billy hasn't gotten anyone too, especially not our bench.

Coby hasn't been shooting well, but the majority of the shots Coby took have been when we are already in a hole and trying to catch up while Grayson's open shots have been pretty wide open. I'm guessing the FGAs from Grayson are a lot more uncontested and intentional rather than Coby's which are probably a lot more accidental.

And it's not just Coby. It's our entire bench that has not looked so good when previously when winning, everyone was a glowing example. Now that times are bad, our bench has been labeled worthless. But I think that's in part because Billy is not really empowering our bench to do their thing.

What ?

Outside of the first game Coby has been horrible hes shooting 31% from the field

2nd game we could not play him he was so bad and nearly blew the lead himself in the 3rd quarter with those ridiculous turnovers and misses

3rd game came in we down 8 he leaves we down 20

4th game he comes in and its a 1 point game and lasts 4 minutes before he has to be taken out as he had ridiculous turnovers to Allen

Im not even going to get into how many Bucks runs hes fueled by fouling three point shooters
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#329 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:32 am

The 6ft Hurdle wrote:

What ?

Outside of the first game Coby has been horrible hes shooting 31% from the field

2nd game we could not play him he was so bad and nearly blew the lead himself in the 3rd quarter with those ridiculous turnovers and misses

3rd game came in we down 8 he leaves we down 20

4th game he comes in and its a 1 point game and lasts 4 minutes before he has to be taken out as he had ridiculous turnovers to Allen

Im not even going to get into how many Bucks runs hes fueled by fouling three point shooters

I'm not arguing that he's not producing, I'm bringing up how the team's situations haven't exactly provided a ground for him or any of the bench players to thrive.

Would you not agree with that?
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:

Return to Chicago Bulls