Image ImageImage Image

The DeRozan/Lavine Walk Out

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,925

Re: The DeRozan/Lavine Walk Out 

Post#41 » by Wingy » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:04 am

Michael Jackson wrote:DDR who I honestly didn't know that much about before the season here (I got the broad strokes but you know) does seem like a guy who is pretty good to his teammates. Maybe it was just Vuc, Zach and Ayo (I mean he did drive him down to the Illinois game) but he seems pretty solid. If he walked off he might have a reason. At the beginning of the season he was considered Zach's help to this team and the man has been humbled in career numerous times. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt about his walk off. Perhaps he believed more in himself or this team than we as fans and the team believed in them? I have surely been a naysayer.

These guys are far far away from being the locker room cancer types. Not a good look as myself and others have said, and honestly a little surprising from them as they typically show up as high character players.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,174

Post#42 » by HomoSapien » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:14 am

Wingy wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:DDR who I honestly didn't know that much about before the season here (I got the broad strokes but you know) does seem like a guy who is pretty good to his teammates. Maybe it was just Vuc, Zach and Ayo (I mean he did drive him down to the Illinois game) but he seems pretty solid. If he walked off he might have a reason. At the beginning of the season he was considered Zach's help to this team and the man has been humbled in career numerous times. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt about his walk off. Perhaps he believed more in himself or this team than we as fans and the team believed in them? I have surely been a naysayer.

These guys are far far away from being the locker room cancer types. Not a good look as myself and others have said, and honestly a little surprising from them as they typically show up as high character players.

DeRozan has done it for two straight games now, so I think the reason is unlikely to be more complex than he was pissed and embarrassed.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,752

Post#43 » by Jeffster81 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:20 am

Stuff like this makes me glad this season is almost over. F**k this Bulls team.

Little date a salt for good measure, it will never be impressed with the bucks and I cannot wait until the76ers send their punk asses home.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#44 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:27 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Wingy wrote:

DeRozan has done it for two straight games now, so I think the reason is unlikely to be more complex than he was pissed and embarrassed.

But as the veteran "leader" of a team in its first playoff run its simply not a good look or example . If they lose Wed. do they all walk off the court before the horn sounds ?
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,815

Post#45 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:39 am

I usually get worked out stuff like this, but it's really nothing. It's not like they have a habit of doing these types of things, I'm just going to chalk it up to frustration and embarrassment, both which they most definitely should have been.

Then add in the fact that despite their 'walk off' they still did the professional thing by addressing the media after the game, so they clearly weren't THAT annoyed to totally disregard their responsibilities.

I give them a pass for that action. I just don't give them a pass for their piss poor play on the floor.
Why so serious?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#46 » by HomoSapien » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:54 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Wingy wrote:

But as the veteran "leader" of a team in its first playoff run its simply not a good look or example . If they lose Wed. do they all walk off the court before the horn sounds ?

I’m definitely not defending it. I don’t love it either.
1985Bear
Junior
And1: 219

Post#47 » by 1985Bear » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:41 am

Means zero. Bucks already let the clock run out on their possession, shot block violation and handed ball to Bulls to run off last 12 seconds. That’s when they walked off.

So they didn’t want to go shake hands with the guys who just kicked their ass and have to play again in a couple days.

Topics like these are why I’m not Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#48 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:59 am

Was kinda weird, but didn’t think much of it tbh
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#49 » by HomoSapien » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:07 am

1985Bear wrote:So they didn’t want to go shake hands with the guys who just kicked their ass and have to play again in a couple days.

This is misunderstanding the topic. Teams don’t usually shake hands during the series (just in the beginning and end). The criticism is that they left while their own team was still on the court and the message it sends.

I’m not super bothered by it, but it’s not the greatest look.
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#50 » by otwok » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:03 pm

Yea i dont like this at all. While it's not a "bench or trade them" big deal, it does show a lack of leadership on a team that needs it sorely.

In the first half of the season when we were playing well, everyone loved each other, yea things were good. When things are bad, you just walk out? Leaders on championship teams don't do this, and while the Bulls aren't a championship team, if you are building something these are character issues that need to be addressed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,155

Post#51 » by SHO'NUFF » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:23 pm

Usually when I embarrass myself I try and leave as soon as possible.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,315

Post#52 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:47 pm

The way Zach looked back I think he was surprised the clock hadn't already run out.

The two were in conversation. Hopefully talking about what went wrong and how to try to fix it.

I think it was more being unaware than it was purposely leaving before the buzzer. One guy might throw a tantrum and walk off but I doubt they both conspired to leave early.

But hey, I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#53 » by Ctownbulls » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:54 pm

fleet wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:This is the biggest nothing ever.

:dontknow:

Can’t say what it means, but it’s not nothing. It’s something. Just can’t say what, without more information. I suspect we will find out what they were doing after the next and final game.

12 seconds after they got to the locker room their teammates got to the locker room. I think some are reading to far into this. They didn't leave anyone behind and didn't make anyone else suffer for longer than they had to. They were upset and frustrated and wanted to get off the court.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,339

Post#54 » by fleet » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:05 pm

Ctownbulls wrote:
fleet wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:This is the biggest nothing ever.

:dontknow:

Can’t say what it means, but it’s not nothing. It’s something. Just can’t say what, without more information. I suspect we will find out what they were doing after the next and final game.

12 seconds after they got to the locker room their teammates got to the locker room. I think some are reading to far into this. They didn't leave anyone behind and didn't make anyone else suffer for longer than they had to. They were upset and frustrated and wanted to get off the court.

Undisciplined at best. Which is how they often play.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#55 » by jacoby1us » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:19 pm

Not a good look, you stay until the clock says zero. Be a professional for Christ sake and not a follower.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,925

Post#56 » by Wingy » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:43 am

fleet wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:
fleet wrote::dontknow:

Undisciplined at best. Which is how they often play.

Everyone else on the bench wasn’t upset, nor were they frustrated. They were probably happy to stay on the court as long as possible. They’re just not on the same competitive level as Zach and DeMar!

While it’s far from earth-shattering, it’s just poor leadership, and I’m surprised how many are making excuses for these two. It kinda matches their lame defensive effort.

There’s probably some parallels in personality between “I don’t need to finish this out” and “I don’t need to box out” and “where’s my guy?” and “why do I have to rotate on time?”

Leaders that don’t hold themselves accountable enough when it’s the thing that makes them uncomfortable.
GetBuLLish
General Manager
And1: 2,508

Post#57 » by GetBuLLish » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:24 am

Two non-leaders act accordingly.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,775

Post#58 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:55 am

GetBuLLish wrote:Two non-leaders act accordingly.

Ball and Caruso are our true leaders. That’s why things fell apart when they got injured.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#59 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:19 pm

Id do the same...They playing with scrubs lol
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,538

Post#60 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:43 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:I can care less what Mitchell thinks about it but I am interested in what Isiah Thomas thinks about it

:lol:

I don’t like it. Be a man, face defeat with dignity. There’s nothing more to it than that for me.

Because what do I know about NBA locker rooms? This isn’t so clearly the type of transgression that transcends the specific context and is an obvious wrong to teammates. Maybe this is a regular occurrence throughout the NBA and we just don’t typically notice it? If the players and coaches accept this as an ordinary part of the game and don’t care then I have no take on that angle.

Further, I’ve seen plenty of crappy leaders in my days as an NBA fan both on the Bulls and on other teams. And Zach and DDR have never given me any reason to question their personalities or leadership. Quite the opposite in fact.

I just personally don’t like it from any athlete in any sport. And it’s not just about sports even. It’s just the way a self respecting, and respectful, adult is supposed to act.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Return to Chicago Bulls