Image ImageImage Image

Ball's knee not improving, may indicate more serious issue

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Ball's knee not improving, may indicate more serious issue 

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:20 pm

Not great if true because "if" they do a complete miniscus removal or another type of intrusive procedure it could add months to his recovery. Apparently his healing is just not going well but this was not expected. Just MHO.

Read on Twitter
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Re: Cowley: Another knee intervention not ruled out for Ball 

Post#2 » by HomoSapien » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:25 pm

It sounds like we're definitely not getting all the info then. Last update was that the pain was from a bone bruise and I don't think bone bruise typically require surgery, so this seems like a very bad sign.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#3 » by HomoSapien » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:28 pm

Read on Twitter
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#4 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:30 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter
Maybe it's more Cowley throwing sh** at the wall prematurely to stir up the peanut butter?
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,436

Post#5 » by aguifs » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:31 pm

We are cursed... jesus
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 847

Post#6 » by Bullflip » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:43 pm

This is one of the reason I am hesitant to give a long term max contract to Lavine without any injury clauses. Imagine if Lavine’s knee is a chronic issue. We will have massive sunk costs in our starting back court. We would be doomed for the next 3-4 years with hardly any room tom improve the team
r1terrell23
Bench Warmer
And1: 540

Post#7 » by r1terrell23 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:44 pm

Sounds like the Bulls and White Sox use the same doctors.
Lexluthor
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#8 » by Lexluthor » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:59 pm

We should draft a guard with the 18 pick . Ayo and Coby are not starting material
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,440

Post#9 » by ImSlower » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:19 pm

Effing Injuries, man. I know literally every fan of every team in every sport goes through this, but I swear the two teams I am a lifelong fan of (Cards and Bulls) have been shellacked by season-altering injuries every damn year for a decade.

This entire NBA season has been influenced by catastrophic injury across so many teams. It's the "If Healthy" season for so many fanbases.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,266

Post#10 » by kodo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:29 pm

I assumed this was the case with his knee pain not going away with just rest.
If it was structurally sound enough for him to start doing drills like he did, it's probably meniscus.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,749

Post#11 » by dougthonus » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:30 pm

Lexluthor wrote:We should draft a guard with the 18 pick . Ayo and Coby are not starting material

How likely do you think we are to get a guard that is starting material at the 18th pick?
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 656

Post#12 » by boozapalooza » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:33 pm

Lexluthor wrote:We should draft a guard with the 18 pick . Ayo and Coby are not starting material

Ayo was one of the steals of the draft and will be a starting material PG. Great backup insurance to have for Lonzo. He was great when he had his chance to start in Jan/Feb
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#13 » by Dan Z » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:36 pm

I don't think the Bulls can trust Lonzo's health going forward and wish we had a back-up who could fill his roll.

I like Ayo and Caruso for different reasons, but they can't run the team like Lonzo does (or shoot threes like him).

The Bulls might just have to live with it (meaning Lonzo sometimes with Ayo/Caruso filling in).
Devinpo
Junior
And1: 189

Post#14 » by Devinpo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:50 pm

dougthonus wrote:

How likely do you think we are to get a guard that is starting material at the 18th pick?

We need to get a big with that pick. We have too many guards even if none are stars.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,749

Post#15 » by dougthonus » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:56 pm

Devinpo wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

We need to get a big with that pick. We have too many guards even if none are stars.

We need to get the player that has the best NBA future with that pick. Most guys in that range are irrelevant replacement level players. Get the guy you feel has the best chance of having a good future. If you start off with "I want X skill" or "I want X position" you drastically limit your odds of getting one of the 3-4 guys at that draft spot that are actually going to be relevant just because they didn't fit your need.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Devinpo
Junior
And1: 189

Post#16 » by Devinpo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:03 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Devinpo wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

We need to get the player that has the best NBA future with that pick. Most guys in that range are irrelevant replacement level players. Get the guy you feel has the best chance of having a good future. If you start off with "I want X skill" or "I want X position" you drastically limit your odds of getting one of the 3-4 guys at that draft spot that are actually going to be relevant just because they didn't fit your need.

Yea true if we could get a Maxey type player like Philly did around that pick I’m happy with that. AK is good with drafting late so I just hope we get lucky somehow and get an impact player. Most likely wouldn’t be 1st year but someone who will be valuable to the teams success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#17 » by waffle » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:07 pm

you have to give AK credit, he put together an AMAZING team out of a mixed bag of players. Ball was freaking perfect for this team. Holy heck. I really wish he could have stayed healthy. I am not saying we would have made the finals or anything but a team with a healthy Ball and Caruso for a majority of the year is an ENTIRELY different animal
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#18 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:15 pm

This is bad. I wonder what went wrong in what was expected to be a routine procedure.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#19 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:20 pm

I say get this thing dealt with as soon as possible. We have a whole offseason to get it right. Same for Zach.
The Cult of Personality
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#20 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:41 pm

I mean Ayo definitely hit the rookie wall, but he was very good for the majority of the season and there's still plenty of potential there. I'm not opposed to drafting a guard, but I think we should target the player with the highest ceiling regardless of position.

Return to Chicago Bulls