Image ImageImage Image

Free Agency Wishlist

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,929

Re: Free Agency Wishlist 

Post#81 » by meekrab » Fri May 6, 2022 11:04 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Dan Z wrote:I'm sure most of you already know this, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Read on Twitter

I dont think thats 100% accurate because the Bulls have the non luxury tax MLE which is 10 million the 6.1 is the taxpayer MLE and we wont be a taxpayer on July 1st .

If we used the TPE and the MLE I think we would be closer to 10 million over the tax

If we use the full MLE we cannot exceed the tax apron of 153.6 million, can't go 10M over the tax.

Personally I think we're a lot more likely to find a contributing player with a 10 million dollar MLE than a 5 million trade exception and a 6 million MLE.
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#82 » by leo921 » Sat May 7, 2022 1:55 am

Realistic case that Im pretty sure we can pull off. The Bulls showed they need size, shooting and depth and this is how to realistic ally get there.

Trade Vuc (22m expiring)/Port pick to Knicks for Mitchell Robinson(s&T 12m per year) Taj and Reddish
Gives the Bulls depth (starting C, backup Fs) Gives the Knicks a good solid expiring who can help there young players like Obi, Quickley, Barrett.

Next sign Portis for the full MLE and tell him is the starting PF. He got his rings with the Bucks and now makes a little more money with us and the starter job. Portis works perfectly with quick athletic centers who can defend and block shots. Great shooter rebounder and really good size.

Now the Bulls look like

Ball/Caruso/Ayo
Lavine/White/Reddish
DDR/Williams/Reddish
Portis/Taj
Robinson/Taj

Bulls now are quicker more shooting better on defense and more depth. Have a couple assets in White/Reddish even DDR that are tradeable for different pieces or upgrades. Wont fall apart if Ball is out and I would play Williams a ton of mins at 3-4, have DDR out early this team can make some noise and do better then this years team did
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#83 » by PlayerUp » Sat May 7, 2022 2:09 am

Dan Z wrote:I'm sure most of you already know this, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Read on Twitter

I dont think thats 100% accurate because the Bulls have the non luxury tax MLE which is 10 million the 6.1 is the taxpayer MLE and we wont be a taxpayer on July 1st .

If we used the TPE and the MLE I think we would be closer to 10 million over the tax

You do realize they clearly said $6.1m+ and 5m+ over the tax limit right? Keyword PLUS.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#84 » by LateNight » Sat May 7, 2022 2:14 am

leo921 wrote:Realistic case that Im pretty sure we can pull off. The Bulls showed they need size, shooting and depth and this is how to realistic ally get there.

Trade Vuc (22m expiring)/Port pick to Knicks for Mitchell Robinson(s&T 12m per year) Taj and Reddish
Gives the Bulls depth (starting C, backup Fs) Gives the Knicks a good solid expiring who can help there young players like Obi, Quickley, Barrett.

Next sign Portis for the full MLE and tell him is the starting PF. He got his rings with the Bucks and now makes a little more money with us and the starter job. Portis works perfectly with quick athletic centers who can defend and block shots. Great shooter rebounder and really good size.

Now the Bulls look like

Ball/Caruso/Ayo
Lavine/White/Reddish
DDR/Williams/Reddish
Portis/Taj
Robinson/Taj

Bulls now are quicker more shooting better on defense and more depth. Have a couple assets in White/Reddish even DDR that are tradeable for different pieces or upgrades. Wont fall apart if Ball is out and I would play Williams a ton of mins at 3-4, have DDR out early this team can make some noise and do better then this years team did

Portis took a discount to play with the bucks. I don’t think he takes it to plays with us
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#85 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat May 7, 2022 7:43 am

I would love to see Bulls get Portis back, but I dont see it under 15M per season..
If Vooch is traded for M.Robinson (12M per) we might get it done..
Zach I think still needs to be signed for less than max, somewhere in the 30-32M range at most. Unless he would sign short term deal, 2yrs/72M

Bulls are stupid to bring back all our Big 3, because they are all bad defenders.. One or even two needs to go. Most likely is Vucevic.
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 463

Post#86 » by step » Sat May 7, 2022 8:45 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:If Vooch is traded for M.Robinson (12M per) we might get it done..

Are you forgetting who the Knicks' coach is? Thibs and Vuc together... now that would be a sight.
Plus they would have to send more salary to us to make the trade compliant. Or you pay Robinson more, which honestly, is not worth it.

We probably have a better chance just dealing with Robinson directly as he's a UFA. I'm doubtful he'd get the full MLE.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#87 » by sco » Sat May 7, 2022 12:57 pm

step wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:If Vooch is traded for M.Robinson (12M per) we might get it done..

Are you forgetting who the Knicks' coach is? Thibs and Vuc together... now that would be a sight.
Plus they would have to send more salary to us to make the trade compliant. Or you pay Robinson more, which honestly, is not worth it.

We probably have a better chance just dealing with Robinson directly as he's a UFA. I'm doubtful he'd get the full MLE.

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:I would love to see Bulls get Portis back, but I dont see it under 15M per season..
If Vooch is traded for M.Robinson (12M per) we might get it done..
Zach I think still needs to be signed for less than max, somewhere in the 30-32M range at most. Unless he would sign short term deal, 2yrs/72M

Bulls are stupid to bring back all our Big 3, because they are all bad defenders.. One or even two needs to go. Most likely is Vucevic.

LateNight wrote:
leo921 wrote:Realistic case that Im pretty sure we can pull off. The Bulls showed they need size, shooting and depth and this is how to realistic ally get there.

Now the Bulls look like

Ball/Caruso/Ayo
Lavine/White/Reddish
DDR/Williams/Reddish
Portis/Taj
Robinson/Taj

Portis took a discount to play with the bucks. I don’t think he takes it to plays with us

Love the ideas!

Can we put some expected contract $ to what we think these and a few others I've seen get offered?

Do we think the following guys can be signed for the full 10M MLE or will it cost more?

Portis
Robinson
Jalen Smith
Boucher
Nurkic
Harrell
Bamba
Bryant
Claxton
:clap:
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach

Post#88 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat May 7, 2022 1:09 pm

step wrote:

It was meant in a sign & trade deal for M.Robinson,where he would sign for maybe 3 yrs, range 10-12M per..
Vucevic to NYK for Robinson and T.Gibson maybe.. If we would ship out Vooch, we could also maybe get Portis on team,
without being a lot over luxury tax. Then sign maybe Monk in UFA if possible, to add another shooter for bench,
White traded wouldnt be the worst idea..

Ball, Lavine, DeRozan, Portis, Robinson
Ayo, Caruso, Monk, J.Green, P.Williams, Gibson, Bradley, Simonovic, add two more vets on minimum
some PF/C who can shoot 3pt (Jeff Green) and some SF-PF athletic defender combo,maybe thru draft..
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#89 » by LateNight » Sat May 7, 2022 1:39 pm

sco wrote:Can we put some expected contract $ to what we think these and a few others I've seen get offered?

These are all estimates about “value”. The market seems weird this offseason, so i think you might end up with some guys making more than they’re worth and other high value guys in a Dennis Schroeder situation. I have no idea. I may be very wrong about all of these guys, but:

Portis ($9-18m)
Nurkic ($12-16m)
Robinson ($13-16m)
Harrell ($10-16m)

[Harrell and Portis are on cheaper contracts that I think wouldn’t have been signed with other teams. Bobby might take less to compete for a title, but he’s one of the best shooters in the league - so his current market value is probably around $16m.]

Harder to guess:

Bryant ($9-14m)
Claxton ($7-15m)

[I have seen $15m in discussions around claxton. Not sure about value.]

No idea:

Jalen Smith (?)
Boucher (?)
Bamba (?)

People might pay a lot for potential. Boucher seems to flash the most potential in games (inconsistent but can be very helpful). Smith/Bamba underperformed - but Bamba is an RFA though with a 10m qualifying offer. So $10m is probably the floor unless the magic think he has no upside.

It’s worth keeping in mind that:
Gafford - $13m
Bertans - $16m
Lauri - $16m
Plumlee - $8m

Of course, don’t know every player that well or how fans view them so I may be way off.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#90 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat May 7, 2022 1:58 pm

Now the Bulls look like

Ball/Caruso/Ayo
Lavine/White/Reddish
DDR/Williams/Reddish
Portis/Taj
Robinson/Taj

If Covington just signed for 12 million why do you think the younger Portis with a ring is gonna sign for the MLE ? This is his chance to get his big money and hes gonna follow the money this time guaranteed . Now If you think hes a starter then you are gonna have to pay him along the lines of 20-25 millions like John Collins got

Mitchell Robinson is not a starter hes a 25 mpg backup who shot less than 50% from the ft line which makes him unplayable in the 4th quarter on this team . If you think hes a starter you are gonna have to pay him 20 million per year

Then we now have 37 yr old Taj as our big man depth ?
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#91 » by leo921 » Sun May 8, 2022 4:41 pm

Now the Bulls look like

Ball/Caruso/Ayo
Lavine/White/Reddish
DDR/Williams/Reddish
Portis/Taj
Robinson/Taj

If Covington just signed for 12 million why do you think the younger Portis with a ring is gonna sign for the MLE ? This is his chance to get his big money and hes gonna follow the money this time guaranteed . Now If you think hes a starter then you are gonna have to pay him along the lines of 20-25 millions like John Collins got

Mitchell Robinson is not a starter hes a 25 mpg backup who shot less than 50% from the ft line which makes him unplayable in the 4th quarter on this team . If you think hes a starter you are gonna have to pay him 20 million per year

Your question is why would Portis sign for MLE? Im going to answer that for you. There is only 5 teams with capspace this summer, the other 25 teams have the MLE and that's it. What that means for most players is that, including Portis, who is a good player but not a star, that your basically choosing which teams MLE offer to accept or hoping one of those 5 teams has a need for him and will pay more then the market. Those 5 teams are Pistons, Magic, Pacers, Blazers, Spurs what you notice is those are all rebuilding teams and Im sure Portis wants to be at least in the playoffs every year. So again it is very doubtful he is going to get 20m like John Collins, for the most part he is choosing whose MLE offer is he going to accept. Your welcome
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#92 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun May 8, 2022 6:00 pm

leo921 wrote:
Your question is why would Portis sign for MLE? Im going to answer that for you. There is only 5 teams with capspace this summer, the other 25 teams have the MLE and that's it. What that means for most players is that, including Portis, who is a good player but not a star, that your basically choosing which teams MLE offer to accept or hoping one of those 5 teams has a need for him and will pay more then the market. Those 5 teams are Pistons, Magic, Pacers, Blazers, Spurs what you notice is those are all rebuilding teams and Im sure Portis wants to be at least in the playoffs every year. So again it is very doubtful he is going to get 20m like John Collins, for the most part he is choosing whose MLE offer is he going to accept. Your welcome

Personally I fully expect him to be a Spur. They could offer him 4 years 60 million and he would fit right into their future and current cap plans , fills a need ,and is a Pop type player .

However your answers ignores the fact that the Bucks have no young players behind him and Lopez will be entering his final year so the Bucks are gonna be more than willing to get something in return for Portis and so they will very likely be willing to take back assets even if they are simply to be used in future moves but the fact remains that three Bucks would be very shorthanded if they get nothing for Portis .

A backup is choosing from the MLE

The over the tax line teams have only the 6 million MLE

The Under the tax line team have only the 10 million ML:E

A starter has everything including a possible S & T at their disposal especially when their current team is already a tax team and has no backup plan .

Even if they dont send back a player wouldn't a trade to the Spurs at 16 million create a 8 million TPE for the Bucks to be able to use to try and add another player at a higher price tag than the taxpayer MLE they have right now ?

The MLE would be best case scenario for us

The MLE is not best case scenario for Portis .
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#93 » by sco » Sun May 8, 2022 6:21 pm

leo921 wrote:

Personally I fully expect him to be a Spur. They could offer him 4 years 60 million and he would fit right into their future and current cap plans , fills a need ,and is a Pop type player .

However your answers ignores the fact that the Bucks have no young players behind him and Lopez will be entering his final year so the Bucks are gonna be more than willing to get something in return for Portis and so they will very likely be willing to take back assets even if they are simply to be used in future moves but the fact remains that three Bucks would be very shorthanded if they get nothing for Portis .

A starter has everything including a possible S & T at their disposal especially when their current team is already a tax team and has no backup plan .

Even if they dont send back a player wouldn't a trade to the Spurs at 16 million create a 8 million TPE for the Bucks to be able to use to try and add another player at a higher price tag than the taxpayer MLE they have right now ?

Sure MIL is in the tax, but if Bobby would sign for MLE, wouldn't they be foolish to not sign him for a little more using his bird rights?

If they aren't, they'd be foolish not to try to work out a S&T with some other team (again above the MLE).
:clap:
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#94 » by RastaBull » Sun May 8, 2022 8:04 pm

If there were a real way to send out Vuc and bring in Mitchell Robinson and Portis, I would be all for that.

That would really solve two MAJOR issues. 1) Rim protecting presence in the paint (and the + of Robinson being pretty switchable defensively on PnR). 2) Strength at PF position (and a backup C minutes) with Bobby P, to body up the bigger forwards/centers of the top teams. 3) 3P shooting, that is playoff tested.

Other than that, I expect Bulls to maneuver the offseason attempting to solving the issues WITH Vuc on roster still (both because he is more talented and higher ceiling than other options and because financially his contract expiring may be more beneficial than bringing on longer term contract).
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#95 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun May 8, 2022 8:17 pm

sco wrote:
leo921 wrote:

Sure MIL is in the tax, but if Bobby would sign for MLE, wouldn't they be foolish to not sign him for a little more using his bird rights?

If they aren't, they'd be foolish not to try to work out a S&T with some other team (again above the MLE).

The Bucks dont have his bird rights so all they can offer him is the MLE which is why they will view a S & T as way he can make more money and they can get something back for him .
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun May 8, 2022 9:00 pm

leo921 wrote:

Now the Bulls look like

Ball/Caruso/Ayo
Lavine/White/Reddish
DDR/Williams/Reddish
Portis/Taj
Robinson/Taj

Trades on draft night and later on, can change things..
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#97 » by ChettheJet » Tue May 10, 2022 2:37 pm

Seeing this article

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2955877-best-fits-for-most-intriguing-2022-nba-free-agents

Of course nobody signs a player expecting him to be injured. But let's say first that Warren wants to be here then that the Bulls could fit him into their MLE. They start PWill and Demar and Warren takes the minutes behind both of them. Warren gets a little less wear and tear at the start of the year so maybe he's less likely to get hurt. As the season rolls along there might be chances for DeRozan to take a game off so he's a few games better rested for the playoff run. That means a lot less Green and Caruso playing out of position, maybe Simonovic is able to fill the limited 3rd PF role and get some NBA experience. Thus you're not looking to find more FAs.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#98 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue May 10, 2022 3:29 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Seeing this article

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2955877-best-fits-for-most-intriguing-2022-nba-free-agents

Of course nobody signs a player expecting him to be injured. But let's say first that Warren wants to be here then that the Bulls could fit him into their MLE. They start PWill and Demar and Warren takes the minutes behind both of them. Warren gets a little less wear and tear at the start of the year so maybe he's less likely to get hurt. As the season rolls along there might be chances for DeRozan to take a game off so he's a few games better rested for the playoff run. That means a lot less Green and Caruso playing out of position, maybe Simonovic is able to fill the limited 3rd PF role and get some NBA experience. Thus you're not looking to find more FAs.

Interesting If he could pass a physical I would take a flyer on him . If we pick up TBJ option maybe offer TBJ for Warren in a S&T for 3 yrs 8 million per with a player option after 2 .

The Pacers at least get back a expiring that can be used in future deals or simply allow it to expire considering they are already well under the cap .

I would try and get Warren without using the MLE if possible
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#99 » by Dan Z » Wed May 11, 2022 1:52 am

leo921 wrote:

Portis might be a good idea for Portland to go after.

They'd have Lillard, Simons, Little, Portis, Nurkic ,6th pick and whoever else they can sign.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,381

Post#100 » by drosestruts » Wed May 11, 2022 2:22 pm

Seeing Covington's extension I think guys like Warren and Boucher will be out of our price range, especially if our price range is the taxpayer MLE.

I'm really talking myself into the idea of Thad Young. I think he liked being here, I think the team liked him. He helps in areas of rebounding, defense, and size.

I've also become somewhat resigned to the fact that we will largely look the same next year.

Re-sign DJJ
Sign Thad with the taxpayer MLE

It pushes us in the tax, but with the projected rising cap, I don't think we're on a path towards repeater tax penalties.

Return to Chicago Bulls