Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 22-23 Free Agent Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Re: Around The NBA : 2022 Playoff Edition #2 

Post#221 » by BullChit » Wed May 18, 2022 2:48 am

SfBull wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:Butler 31-7-3 with 5 steals. 13 shots to score that 31 and +23.

He's a frigging amazing player man.

What a bad trade the Bulls made in hindsight.

I think it goes beyond a bad trade... Its just incompetent management in general.

The idea that you couldnt build with and around him was always ridiculous to me.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Post#222 » by SfBull » Wed May 18, 2022 2:55 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
SfBull wrote:Still the question is how players like Zach,DeMar and especially Vuc can win a playoff series over great defensive teams like the Bucks,Sixers,Celts and Heat.
Improving the bench? Signing role players who know how to play defense? Posters keep using the injury argument for justifying Bulls' bad record over playoff teams but those teams had injuries too during regular season so bad defense likely played some role on it .Still my point is how we can be optimistic about that core's future in a defensive oriented conference like the East.I'm not saying they won't win 40-45 games but don't believe the Bulls have the strength for winning consistently East's top 4 teams.Playing together for 2 or 3 more seasons will
make these guys better defenders?I don't think so.And this season is showing again how competent front offices can improve their rosters with G leaguers ,2nd rounders or undrafted players.Why exactly the Bulls couldn't have the same success?This and other questions should be answered besides that comfortable argument our losses were determined by injuries.We miss players like Grant Williams,Robert Williams ( both much better,defensive players than Vuc).
Our bench sucked all season long.

I agree but thats why you dont shy away from wanting to see those matchup's with your team fully healthy if possible because its the only way to truly gauge if what you are doing and how to attack getting better.

Last year Grant Williams and Pritchard did nothing in the playoffs this year they are key big contributors to the Celtics success . Its the plan really gonna be to turn the team every year over after every failure if so how will anybody in the Bulls system ever learn anything ?Brown didnt even play last year in the playoffs due to injury and they were not a top defensive team either not even top 10 . You would've broken them up after the start they had this year right ?

Since when this season become championship or bust and if not not why are you comparing the 3rd and 4th iterations of those other top teams to the 1st iteration of the Bulls

The core of Zach, Demar and Vuc is the first iteration of this Bulls teams 4 years from now it wont look the same . I honestly dont understand how people have such a hard time acknowledging that a team that has been together for a few months will struggle against teams that have been together for years . Especially when the new team is already going through adversity with injuries

Vuc
Pat missed over half the season
Demar
Zach injured the second half of the season
ZO missed over half the season
AC missed half the season

Coby ,TBJ , Pat , Ayo are all 22 years old or under

This team when whole was good not perfect but good on both sides of the ball the goal is to try and build upon that by staying healthy and pieces to cover your weaknesses .

I'm not talking about breaking the team up but to trade pieces like Vuc who I don't see improving his defense .
And I 'd try to get a PF with #18 for real competition with Patrick as it could help to improve the skills he seems to have.Not sure if more seasons can improve Zach's defense.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,425

Post#223 » by TheGOATRises007 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:24 am

Butler with 41-9-5-4-3. +23.

We traded this guy.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#224 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed May 18, 2022 3:31 am

Guess Jimmy had to remind everyone.....again.

He will always get disrespected.....until he wins a title..
The Cult of Personality
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,596

Post#225 » by Jimako10 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:35 am

It's amazing that Miami's starting lineup consists of 2 players nobody has ever heard of and 37 year old PJ Tucker.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#226 » by SfBull » Wed May 18, 2022 3:36 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:Butler with 41-9-5-4-3. +23.

We traded this guy.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#227 » by MrSparkle » Wed May 18, 2022 3:37 am

It’s crazy how 1 defensive weakness on the floor can quickly cost you a playoff game. Pritchard isn’t even a bad defender, he’s aggressive and has good awareness, but they found a way to exploit his size, and they kept doing it.

If they get Smart back, it’s a different game.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#228 » by MrSparkle » Wed May 18, 2022 3:39 am

Jimako10 wrote:It's amazing that Miami's starting lineup consists of 2 players nobody has ever heard of and 37 year old PJ Tucker.

Somebody get a time machine and tell Gar to hold onto Jimmy, Strus, and trade a 2nd round pick for PJ.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#229 » by SfBull » Wed May 18, 2022 3:39 am

Jimako10 wrote:It's amazing that Miami's starting lineup consists of 2 players nobody has ever heard of and 37 year old PJ Tucker.

It's how a good FO can build a great team.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#230 » by d boy gentleman » Wed May 18, 2022 3:44 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:Only in Miami can you have a home playoff game and have empty seats.

They really dont care about the Heat. Most are thinking about that next drink on a boat in Brickell. It was like that when they were winning titles with Wade and Lebron lol

Getting to and leaving that arena is a pain in the ass.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#231 » by Hangtime84 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:45 am

MrSparkle wrote:It’s crazy how 1 defensive weakness on the floor can quickly cost you a playoff game. Pritchard isn’t even a bad defender, he’s aggressive and has good awareness, but they found a way to exploit his size, and they kept doing it.

If they get Smart back, it’s a different game.

That awful 3rd quarter start is why they lost the game.

Once Miami started pressuring them Boston started reverting back to "hero" ball.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#232 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed May 18, 2022 3:52 am

I knew we had no chance to do anything with Jimmy because GarPax was hard headed concerning Jimmy. The "we will build with Jimmy not around Jimmy. The only player you build around is Michael Jordan" Paxson stupidly said that.

But Jimmy is a gamer man. He has that same Joakim Noah fire where when its the playoffs, he goes into a whole new level.

Im glad Jimmy is getting his flowers now but I said that in the bubble too. If he can lead this team to the finals again, regardless of what happens, he deserves a spot among the best in the game.
The Cult of Personality
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,599

Post#233 » by Ice Man » Wed May 18, 2022 3:54 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:Butler with 41-9-5-4-3. +23.

Jimmy Butler is so good, he's even better than he thinks he is.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#234 » by d boy gentleman » Wed May 18, 2022 4:13 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I knew we had no chance to do anything with Jimmy because GarPax was hard headed concerning Jimmy. The "we will build with Jimmy not around Jimmy. The only player you build around is Michael Jordan" Paxson stupidly said that.

But Jimmy is a gamer man. He has that same Joakim Noah fire where when its the playoffs, he goes into a whole new level.

Im glad Jimmy is getting his flowers now but I said that in the bubble too. If he can lead this team to the finals again, regardless of what happens, he deserves a spot among the best in the game.

I wasn't a fan of trading Butler either regardless of what LaVine has turned into. The Bulls didn't want to max Jimmy and that's why they traded him. In any case, I'm happy for Jimmy and he's proving that he truly is a star if not superstar in this game.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 463

Post#235 » by step » Wed May 18, 2022 4:40 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:But Jimmy is a gamer man. He has that same Joakim Noah fire where when its the playoffs, he goes into a whole new level.

Indeed. Metrics be damned as such, he just does all he can to win. Got to love the competitors.

Happy to see him succeed, partly kills me that we didn't even try.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#236 » by Andi Obst » Wed May 18, 2022 5:15 am

Horford getting COVID now is a bummer. He’s been so good for them.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,637

Post#237 » by DuckIII » Wed May 18, 2022 5:21 am

This series could be so epic if Boston gets Smart back. I love this matchup.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#238 » by Dan Z » Wed May 18, 2022 6:16 am

MrSparkle wrote:

Somebody get a time machine and tell Gar to hold onto Jimmy, Strus, and trade a 2nd round pick for PJ.

While you're at it keep Spencer Dinwiddie too!
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#239 » by MrSparkle » Wed May 18, 2022 6:37 am

Dan Z wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

While you're at it keep Spencer Dinwiddie too!

I dunno… over MCW, Cam and Jerian?
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#240 » by jc23 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:03 pm

Was Jimmy hurt in the last playoffs? i remember him being a big let down compared to his bubble performance. Seems like he has his mojo back this time.
Be curious, Not judgmental

Return to Chicago Bulls