Image ImageImage Image

Greenberg: Bulls interested in Thybulle

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Re: Greenberg: Bulls interested in Thybulle 

Post#101 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri May 20, 2022 11:32 pm

burlydee wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
I don't think a 33 year old Patty Mills will want to come here to be a deep bench player.

Mills aint giving up 6 million player option to ring chase for the minimum on the Bulls :lol:

If he opts out hes going for someones full MLE

Nobody is giving the Full MLE to Patty Mills. Was this really something you needed to put a laughing emoji too? I mean, was it really that funny? Can the mods here legally drink?

I didn't realize there were so many Patty Mills fans at realgm. King ****.

But hes gonna take your minimum though right after giving up his 6 million player option ? That's why the laughing emojis your post was filled with nba absurdities

The Non Taxpayer MLE 10 million Mills made the 11th most threes this year at 211 but you've equated his value to be the nba minimum . Its not about anyone here loving Mills its about simply understanding the basic value of veteran shooting and playoff experience in todays nba .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#102 » by MrFortune3 » Sat May 21, 2022 2:11 am

I like him but we need to address the frontcourt more than adding another G.
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 463

Post#103 » by step » Sat May 21, 2022 4:19 am

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/33954379/marcus-smart-giannis-antetokounmpo-rudy-gobert-headline-nba-all-defensive-teams

Just feel like it needs to be pointed out … Thybulle made the 2nd all-nba defensive team.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#104 » by Rastas » Sat May 21, 2022 7:12 am

His best games are in games without Embiid where the pace is quicker.
Now do the Bulls play a more passing fast paced game than the Sixers - that's your answer to whether or not he will be decent for your team.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#105 » by sco » Sat May 21, 2022 1:20 pm

Rastas wrote:His best games are in games without Embiid where the pace is quicker.
Now do the Bulls play a more passing fast paced game than the Sixers - that's your answer to whether or not he will be decent for your team.

I there is definitely a defensive pickup vs. Green, but Green brings more RB, scoring and 3pt shooting. Thybulle is definitely a guy you can double-off.

Green:
6'4 205
Per 36: FG% .542 3pt% .356 RB 6.5 STL 1.6 BLK 0.8 Points 11.1

Thybulle:
6'5 201
Per 36: FG% .500 3pt% .313 RB 3.2 STL 2.6 BLK 1.6 Points 8.1
:clap:
kdapiton
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#106 » by kdapiton » Sat May 21, 2022 1:28 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Lexluthor wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I’m absolutely not interested in taking this in some political direction, and am purely bringing this up from a basketball standpoint. He’s an anti-vaxer. What implications would that have in terms of him playing games? We desperately need players who can stay on the court. We also don’t need to increase our chances at another Covid outbreak.

So if you were in a burning building and and a fire fighter told you he could get you of the building. But he is not vaccinated. Would you accept his help ?

This is an insane post and is completely irrelevant to what I wrote.

i have seen some weird **** in my life but god damn that **** made me pause. lmao.
we go jim
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Post#107 » by Axl Rose » Sat May 21, 2022 6:12 pm

kdapiton wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Lexluthor wrote:So if you were in a burning building and and a fire fighter told you he could get you of the building. But he is not vaccinated. Would you accept his help ?

i have seen some weird **** in my life but god damn that **** made me pause. lmao.

I'm thinking they have had that question in their mind for some time thinking it's a major dunk but no one is talking about covid/vax anymore so they couldn't find the opportunity :lol:
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#108 » by dice » Sat May 21, 2022 6:28 pm

kdapiton wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Lexluthor wrote:So if you were in a burning building and and a fire fighter told you he could get you of the building. But he is not vaccinated. Would you accept his help ?

i for one would accept thybulle's help in the event that i was trapped in a burning building. 'cause, ya know, the health risk would be to him, not me. i'm vaxxed and boosted

on an unrelated note, the sixers aren't trading thybulle to the bulls under any conceivable scenario
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#109 » by MrFortune3 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:14 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Lexluthor wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I’m absolutely not interested in taking this in some political direction, and am purely bringing this up from a basketball standpoint. He’s an anti-vaxer. What implications would that have in terms of him playing games? We desperately need players who can stay on the court. We also don’t need to increase our chances at another Covid outbreak.

So if you were in a burning building and and a fire fighter told you he could get you of the building. But he is not vaccinated. Would you accept his help ?

I have never in my life seen a discussion go so far off the rails that quick :lol:
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#110 » by MrFortune3 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:17 pm

Back to the topic at hand though. Thybulle doesn't help us.
We lack size and defense. We also lack shooting.

We need a legit PF who can rebound and defend. We need a shooter. Adding another SG/SF type does nothing for us.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#111 » by MrSparkle » Sat May 21, 2022 10:43 pm

I think Thybulle’s a good target. Bring ‘im in.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,266

Post#112 » by kodo » Sun May 22, 2022 12:39 am

step wrote:https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/33954379/marcus-smart-giannis-antetokounmpo-rudy-gobert-headline-nba-all-defensive-teams

Just feel like it needs to be pointed out … Thybulle made the 2nd all-nba defensive team.

He's a great player, but let's also point out he made All-NBA Defense as a Guard, not a PF.
He's not going to replace Lavine in the starting lineup, and he is in no way shape or form a PG of any kind.

Nobody voted Thybulle as an all-defensive PF or Center, which is what we need.
The All Defensive 2nd team forwards were Green & Bam, with Timelord as Center.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#113 » by dice » Sun May 22, 2022 12:52 am

kodo wrote:
step wrote:https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/33954379/marcus-smart-giannis-antetokounmpo-rudy-gobert-headline-nba-all-defensive-teams

He's a great player, but let's also point out he made All-NBA Defense as a Guard, not a PF.
He's not going to replace Lavine in the starting lineup, and he is in no way shape or form a PG of any kind.

are the bulls hoping to trade pat williams for thybulle? ayo? it simply doesn't make any sense
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 463

Post#114 » by step » Sun May 22, 2022 1:30 am

dice wrote:
kodo wrote:

are the bulls hoping to trade pat williams for thybulle? ayo? it simply doesn't make any sense

The story is thin... a big difference between being interested and finding a deal, especially for a defensive all-nba 2nd team player who is still on a rookie contract. With the 76ers looking to retain Harden at a max/supermax deal... this isn't the player I would look to trade first. By all means, add shooters... but who's picking up the slack for Harden's lack of defense?

Sure it's not our number one priority, but we'll also need wing depth given the expected/likely departures of other players.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#115 » by ChettheJet » Tue May 24, 2022 2:14 pm

The story at the top puts Thybulle as virtually untouchable which could just be posturing to get a better offer but the Bulls just don't have assets to give up for a 2-3 kind of guy to come off the bench when they have an overload of guards.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#116 » by _txchilibowl_ » Wed May 25, 2022 12:06 am

I could be talked in to fielding an entire team of 6'9 and under players. The centers that can hurt you today are few and far between. Outside of dealing with those types, everything else on the court would benefit.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#117 » by kulaz3000 » Wed May 25, 2022 3:00 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:I could be talked in to fielding an entire team of 6'9 and under players. The centers that can hurt you today are few and far between. Outside of dealing with those types, everything else on the court would benefit.

And look at the teams that are currently playing right now. None of them have a legitimate centre. And yes, I include Bam in that remark, being that he is barely 6'9 who isn't going to dominate you in the paint.

That said, it doesn't hurt to have at least one solid big man, either starting or on the bench to match up against the odd teams with really good big men though. You definitely can't be void of 7 footers if you can help it.
Why so serious?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#118 » by HomoSapien » Wed May 25, 2022 3:28 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:I could be talked in to fielding an entire team of 6'9 and under players. The centers that can hurt you today are few and far between. Outside of dealing with those types, everything else on the court would benefit.

And look at the teams that are currently playing right now. None of them have a legitimate centre. And yes, I include Bam in that remark, being that he is barely 6'9 who isn't going to dominate you in the paint.

That said, it doesn't hurt to have at least one solid big man, either starting or on the bench to match up against the odd teams with really good big men though. You definitely can't be void of 7 footers if you can help it.

We can’t roll with no big men. Just because it didn’t happen this year, doesn’t mean that Giannis and Embiid aren’t the guys you need to get through to get to the finals.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,749

Post#119 » by dougthonus » Wed May 25, 2022 10:40 am

sco wrote:
Rastas wrote:His best games are in games without Embiid where the pace is quicker.

I there is definitely a defensive pickup vs. Green, but Green brings more RB, scoring and 3pt shooting. Thybulle is definitely a guy you can double-off.

Green:
6'4 205
Per 36: FG% .542 3pt% .356 RB 6.5 STL 1.6 BLK 0.8 Points 11.1

Thybulle:
6'5 201
Per 36: FG% .500 3pt% .313 RB 3.2 STL 2.6 BLK 1.6 Points 8.1

You don't think Green is a guy you can double off of? The next time someone stands within 8 feet of Green at the three point line will be the 1st. I would say Green is so near a zero on offense, that any difference between him and the next guy is one of circumstance.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#120 » by MrSparkle » Wed May 25, 2022 4:18 pm

Green was doing really well until Jan. and then start getting injuries, and lost the spring in his step.

Thybulle is a longer and more athletic specimen. That type would work well if we get back to playing some up-tempo, defensive basketball.

Our defense ended up being miserable.

Personally, I’m not 100% convinced the FO sticks with Pat - he’s talented but he does have a slow motor, on the floor. It’d be shocking if they moved him, but there are just a lot of variables to consider, and IMO everything is a matter of value and timeline.

I know something will change- dunno who goes. But if a guy like Thybulle is targeted, it’s about his talent more than addressing a need.

Addressing roster needs (“big man, PF, spot-up 3P shooters”) is the quickest path to implosion. We need more talent- that’s it. “Talent” equals two-way wings and ball handlers.

In general, there is one type of NBA prototype that is best to stock up on: high motor, tall wing defender with offensive potential. Give me 5 Arizas over a variety of Poeltls, Duncan Robinsons and Coby Whites. If Thybulle improves moderately, he’d be a killer player. Might even be worth moving on from Pat, if he does well in a bigger featured role.

Return to Chicago Bulls