Image ImageImage Image

Game Thread: The NBA Draft 7PM CT/ESPN (PLEASE USE SPOILER BUTTON)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,726

Re: Game Thread: The NBA Draft 7PM CT/ESPN (PLEASE USE SPOILER BUTTON) 

Post#501 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:20 am

HomoSapien wrote:Are we done for the night?

We need to acquire Kenneth Lofton Jr at all costs!
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#502 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:21 am

Muzbar wrote:Heck yeah!

Terry was no. 1 on my list (Didn't think Mark Williams would drop to the Bulls).

VERY happy with this pick.

I was just looking at the history of posts mentioning Terry on this board, and you were definitely one of the posters who was all in on Terry. Hope you are right man!
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#503 » by pylb » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:21 am

Danny Green + 23 for DeAnthony Melton.
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#504 » by WYO » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:21 am

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
WYO wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:I like Terry, he was the best PG in this draft IMO but I would've preferred to trade down.

He isn't a PG. He played SF for Arizona this year with Mathurin at SG and Kerr Kriisa at PG.

The comment that you just quoted just goes to show you how little some people understand how bad this was.

I think you're overreacting a little here. Terry is a good athlete that plays with fire. He has potential to become a good player if he develops a solid 3 point shot. It's not like the Bulls went out and picked a completely random guy with no potential whatsoever. I'm not the biggest fan of the pick but there is no point in getting worked up about it.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#505 » by Red8911 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:22 am

Find it funny that no matter who the majority of fans want the Bulls always draft someone that’s not even on their list lol.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,726

Post#506 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:22 am

pylb wrote:Danny Green + 23 for DeAnthony Melton.

What the hell! that is a massive steal for Philly
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#507 » by SfBull » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:23 am

No trades.Next .
Let's see what we can get from free agency.We needed to upgrade 4 or 5 especially with a defense oriented big.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#508 » by Red8911 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:24 am

yifsuibfe1 wrote:
madvillian wrote:
Read on Twitter

“Three Point Shot is a question” should be written on the Bulls logo at this point

He’ll fit right it with the rest of the bench that bricks 3s lol.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,604

Post#509 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:24 am

Axl Rose wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
yifsuibfe1 wrote:I was fine with the pick until I saw the trade that just happened… now I’m angry

This entire board should be in full meltdown mode right now. I don’t know how much college ball you all watched last season, but I watched a ton!! This was as about as bad of a pick as we could have made. Worse that anything under the previous regime and it’s not even close people. Trust me when I say this. There were so many other directions that we could have gone.

Worse than McDermott? Teague? Valentine? DAMN!

I’m not necessarily saying that he will be a worse player than any of those guys. But when we drafted those guys, we at least thought that we were getting something that we didn’t already have. That’s not the case here. The only way that this makes a shred of sense is if we plan to move him or someone else (most likely Ayo) in a different deal.
pylb
General Manager

Post#510 » by pylb » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:24 am

Spoiler:
Beauchamp at 24
WYO
Junior

Post#511 » by WYO » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:25 am

I'm excited to see what Roddy can do in Memphis. A lot of people are sleeping on him but he has a great feel for the game and will space the floor for Ja.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#512 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:25 am

WYO wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
WYO wrote:He isn't a PG. He played SF for Arizona this year with Mathurin at SG and Kerr Kriisa at PG.

The comment that you just quoted just goes to show you how little some people understand how bad this was.

I think you're overreacting a little here. Terry is a good athlete that plays with fire. He has potential to become a good player if he develops a solid 3 point shot. It's not like the Bulls went out and picked a completely random guy with no potential whatsoever. I'm not the biggest fan of the pick but there is no point in getting worked up about it.

WYO, who does that sound like to you…the guy you just described?
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#513 » by SfBull » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:27 am

WYO wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
WYO wrote:He isn't a PG. He played SF for Arizona this year with Mathurin at SG and Kerr Kriisa at PG.

The point is not if he'll be good or not.We just wasted the opportunity of upgrading the frontcourt.Why not drafting
Kessler? A good shot blocker who could improve our rim protection.
drosEshe
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#514 » by drosEshe » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:28 am

TERRY is like GIDDY vibes base on highlights prior the Draft..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#515 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:28 am

SfBull wrote:
WYO wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:The comment that you just quoted just goes to show you how little some people understand how bad this was.

The point is not if he'll be good or not.We just wasted the opportunity of upgrading the frontcourt.Why not drafting
Kessler? A good shot blocker who could improve our rim protection.

Thanks you! It’s as if they took the 18th pick and pissed in it just because it wasn’t a lottery pick.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Post#516 » by Chi town » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:28 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Are we done for the night?

We need to acquire Kenneth Lofton Jr at all costs!

Proceda!
pylb
General Manager

Post#517 » by pylb » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:28 am

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Axl Rose wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:This entire board should be in full meltdown mode right now. I don’t know how much college ball you all watched last season, but I watched a ton!! This was as about as bad of a pick as we could have made. Worse that anything under the previous regime and it’s not even close people. Trust me when I say this. There were so many other directions that we could have gone.

I’m not necessarily saying that he will be a worse player than any of those guys. But when we drafted those guys, we at least thought that we were getting something that we didn’t already have. That’s not the case here. The only way that this makes a shred of sense is if we plan to move him or someone else (most likely Ayo) in a different deal.

I don't think Terry will be a very good player. But I don't see what's wrong with having multiple players with the same profile. Actually I'd rather have guys that are interchangeable than vastly different players.
pylb
General Manager

Post#518 » by pylb » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:29 am

MarJon sitting there all alone crying is kinda sad.
WYO
Junior

Post#519 » by WYO » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:29 am

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
WYO wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:The comment that you just quoted just goes to show you how little some people understand how bad this was.

WYO, who does that sound like to you…the guy you just described?

It sounds like the same thing you could say about most of the mid to late first round guys in any draft. How about we see what happens with his career before throwing a temper tantrum about the pick?
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#520 » by Dresden » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:29 am

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Axl Rose wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:This entire board should be in full meltdown mode right now. I don’t know how much college ball you all watched last season, but I watched a ton!! This was as about as bad of a pick as we could have made. Worse that anything under the previous regime and it’s not even close people. Trust me when I say this. There were so many other directions that we could have gone.

Our defense sucked last year. Zach and DDR both suck at it. Terry gives us a guy who can guard the tough 2/3's in the league, and probably even bigger pg's. He's Pippen's size and build, with a huge wingspan. And like Pippen, he can facilitate- he's a very good passer for a wing. He will help our defense and help our running game, and help with ball movement and getting easy baskets for others. He shot 36% on 3's, so he can shoot. He just needs to get used to taking more 3's.

I think he fills a lot of needs we had, and he's only 19 so has a lot of room to improve.

Return to Chicago Bulls