Image ImageImage Image

Assuming Gordon is 6th man, possible trades for a bigger 2

chrisbshenk
Ballboy
And1: 0

Assuming Gordon is 6th man, possible trades for a bigger 2 

Post#1 » by chrisbshenk » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:42 pm

I hate to say it since Ben is a starter in the league, but let's assume that Ben is our 6th man who doesn;t start, but has a placeholder guy start for 6 mins each night in his place. Duhon is hot or cold on offense on any given night. Hinrich is streaky, but garners the respect of the defense as a possible scorer, so he is a stronger weapon than Duhon any night. There are a few guys out there that could fill the bill for a starting 2 guard that has size and plays defense and are possibly on the block.

1. Mickael Pietrus- Great size, defense athleticism and can slash and score. Won't be mistaken for Ray Allen on his J, but overall a guy that can already do what we hoped Thabo could one day become.

2. Delonte West- Has a few inches on Duhon and plays outstanding defense. Has the ability to shoot the rock, score in multiple ways and is unselfish. Caught up in a three man triangle for minutes in Seattle.

3. Kelenna Azuibuike- If Golden State decides to move someone else instead of Pietrus, Azuibuike could be made availble. He is athletic, long, and 6-5. He has a good shooting stroke and plays the up and down game very well.

4. Gerald Green- Buried on the bench of the T-wolves. He has the athleticism and potential to be huge. Has a good stroke and wicked athleticism. Another pickup that is possible given the state of Minnesota.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#2 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm sorry, but 3 of those guys are hot garbage. (Pietrus, West, Green)

Seriously, they're not in Gordons league.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
bre9
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by bre9 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:50 pm

Too bad Thabo couldn't turn into that big guard we needed. Now this off season Pax is going to have to find a big 2 and a low post scorer.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#4 » by jax98 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:51 pm

If Gordon averages over 33 MPG off the bench with Duhon still on the roster, where are the minutes going to go? If anything, find a big 2-guard, trade Duhon and run a 3-guard rotation with Gordon handling 40% of his minutes as the back-up point guard.
BuLLs>LiFe
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#5 » by BuLLs>LiFe » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:51 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:I'm sorry, but 3 of those guys are hot garbage. (Pietrus, West, Green)

You don't need for them to be better than Gordon. They just need to be better than Duhon. This is all assuming that Gordon stays put in his 6th man role.
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#6 » by NLK » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:03 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:I'm sorry, but 3 of those guys are hot garbage. (Pietrus, West, Green)

I with the MG on this one! Pietrus is weakest, mentally, of the 4 guys mentioned. Azabuike is appealing, just because he's seems like a hustling guy, and that might really fit into our system. Salaries don't match up though. Plus, God knows if he'd get acclimated right away. He's in a run & gun style under Don Nelson. We're in the east, where we grind it out and play a lot of defense.
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
jax98
RealGM

Post#7 » by jax98 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:06 pm

I would love to acquire Kelenna Azubuike.

G Kelenna Azubuike 28/Ben Gordon 20
G Kirk Hinrich 35/Ben Gordon 13

That 3-guard rotation would be insanely good, IMO.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#8 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:07 pm

BuLLs>LiFe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You don't need for them to be better than Gordon. They just need to be better than Duhon. This is all assuming that Gordon stays put in his 6th man role.

My bad - I mis-read this as a "replace Gordon" thread.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#9 » by coldfish » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:30 pm

I do think that a big third guard to start would be a good thing and a few of the guys mentioned would be assets.

I think that the next guy you have to look at is Hinrich. He doesn't guard PG's particularly well (see Tony Parker and the Orlando game) and he isn't an offensive creator. Is he really worth $9M per year out of a $65M hard cap in a reduced role?

When he is covering for Duhon and Gordon, doing a good job on opposing 2's while playing point a good bit of the game, he is worth every penny.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#10 » by theanimal23 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:32 pm

Noce for Maggette
jax98
RealGM

Post#11 » by jax98 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:34 pm

coldfish wrote:I do think that a big third guard to start would be a good thing and a few of the guys mentioned would be assets.

I think that the next guy you have to look at is Hinrich. He doesn't guard PG's particularly well (see Tony Parker and the Orlando game) and he isn't an offensive creator. Is he really worth $9M per year out of a $65M hard cap in a reduced role?

I think you need to give time to settle in, If we were to acquire a big 2-guard, Hinrich will obviously need some time to adjust back into playing against the quicker, smaller guards. I think he will adjust just fine when it's all said and done. His offense will also likely increase if there's a big guard playing alongside of him, drawing the defense just that extra bit.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#12 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:40 pm

Michael Finely would fill in for this yr and Eddie Jones maybe. I would get any one that Duhon can land. Maybe do a Duhon for Pietrus. Like a poster said earlier, he doesnt need to be better than Gordon just Duhon. It would be nice to start a game with size and also have this 3 guard roatation with a nice big. Bonzi would be nice. Stackhouse, though I doubt Dallas doing that
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#13 » by coldfish » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:40 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think you need to give time to settle in, If we were to acquire a big 2-guard, Hinrich will obviously need some time to adjust back into playing against the quicker, smaller guards. I think he will adjust just fine when it's all said and done. His offense will also likely increase if there's a big guard playing alongside of him, drawing the defense just that extra bit.

If the guy could shoot from the outside, that would definitely help Hinrich with the spacing. If Hinrich could fix his issues against quick guards, he would look pretty good in that situation.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#14 » by BigUps » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:40 pm

When do Nocioni and Hinrich lose there BYC status again? Stupid CBA.
jax98
RealGM

Post#15 » by jax98 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:43 pm

coldfish wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If the guy could shoot from the outside, that would definitely help Hinrich with the spacing. If Hinrich could fix his issues against quick guards, he would look pretty good in that situation.

Kelenna Azubuike is a perfect example of a close-to-perfect back-court mate for Hinrich, IMO.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#16 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:47 pm

What about Bonzi Wells? Wells is a solid veteran player, who can produce when he's given the time. If you start this guy at the 2, there's no doubt he can atleast put up 10 to 11 a game. Houston, would give him up for nothing anyway.

Chicago Trades
Viktor Khryapa
2008 2nd Rounder

Houston Trades
Bonzi Wells

PG: Hinrich (32) / Duhon (12) / Gordon (4)
SG: Wells (25) / Gordon (30) / Deng (3)

That's definitely better than what we have now, and we still have major pieces, and Houston will add to some salary dumps. And hey if they don't want Khryapa, give them Sefolosha. Wells is a good situation for us either way.
Bull Shak
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#17 » by Bull Shak » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:47 pm

We should have went out and got Buke last year when I said we should of.

I'd like to try doing Duhon and Nocioni for Artest. He'd be the starting two and backup small forward.

We'd need to get a veteran point guard for spot play though. Maybe Payton or Boykins.
http://www.dabullz.com home to the Bulls' encyclopedia.
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#18 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:53 pm

Fransico Garcia would be nice as well. I would like Paxson to make At least one deal here soon. Show us something
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#19 » by Bulls69 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:58 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:Fransico Garcia would be nice as well. I would like Paxson to make At least one deal here soon. Show us something

Pax's will not make a trade unless he feels that he is getting the better of the deal just ask the Knicks.
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#20 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 6:01 pm

Bulls69 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Pax's will not make a trade unless he feels that he is getting the better of the deal just ask the Knicks.

A big SG would be a upgrade. My point was even if it's a small trade do something. There's a lot of small trades that can help us. He did the first thing by getting rid of the coach, now you have to slighty change your personel

Return to Chicago Bulls