Image ImageImage Image

Assuming Gordon is 6th man, possible trades for a bigger 2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dflaschberger
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#21 » by dflaschberger » Tue Jan 1, 2008 6:54 pm

how about duhon and thabo for Pietrus
GS needs a backup point, someone who plays D

thabo could be taken out, since the salaries add up
Jujuba69
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#22 » by Jujuba69 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:09 pm

Noci + Duhon for Maggete + Dickau is a deal made in heaven!

Big **** / Gray / Noah
TT / Joe / Noah
Deng / Maggette
Maggette / Gordon
Kirk / Gordon / Dickau

Upgrade!
With number 3, 6'9, From Virginia Union, Beeeeen Waaalace:
tclg
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by tclg » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:37 pm

Yes but I think maggette would be looking for some extra money isnt he a free agent in the off season?
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,846

Post#24 » by Ben » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:53 pm

tclg is right; Maggs is a FA and will want $$. We're not going to keep both him and Gordon.

Azubuike would be great, but I doubt that GS is going to deal him. Trading him instead of Pietrus would be crazy.

Which brings me to my next point: Pietrus sucks, as Magilla wrote. He plays terrible D and he's not that great on offense, either. If a taller guard plays badly on D then there's no great reason to have him in instead of Gordon-- what's the point of the extra height?

I would take a chance on Green if he could be had cheaply, although not right now (since he's going to test the FA waters in the summer). He plays poor D but he has enticing upside. I'm sure that other teams will feel that way, too, so he'll wind up getting paid more than we would give him.

Finally, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Thabo and VK to Phoenix for Raja Bell. They clearly like Thabo, and they apparently inquired about him as recently as November 2007, and VK is an expiring deal (they're always looking to save money).

Kirk 32/ Du 12/ BG 4
Bell 20/ BG 28
Deng 36/ Noc 10/ Bell 2

That makes us really crowded in the backcourt, but next season if we were to let Duhon walk (or trade him before the deadline) we could have a backcourt of Kirk, BG and Bell, which would be pretty good IMO. Good defense on bigger SGs from Bell, great scoring when needed from BG and point guard duties shared by Kirk and BG (lion's share to Kirk).
tclg
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by tclg » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:59 pm

Bell would be a perfect guy to target if phoenix thinks they can do better with thabo. I always thought he would be a good fit as a bull
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#26 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:41 pm

Bell would be perfect. We could have a 3 guard roatation. I wonder why Pax hasnt tried to do anything yet.
eNgIeS
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#27 » by eNgIeS » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:19 am

Mainly coz Phoenix wouldnt do it. Bells proven. Thabo isnt despite all the potential. Kryapa i think would actually be decent for suns thou
Bring back Nocioni!!!
Puertorique
Banned User

Post#28 » by Puertorique » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:21 am

The Nuggets are looking to shed some salary to add a few more pieces around AI,Melo, Camby, K-Mart. Do you think they would do a trade where they get Chris Duhon, Khyrapha, future protected 1st rounder and a 1 yr S&T with PJ Brown for JR Smith and Nene?

Denver gets a PG to put next to AI and Melo in Duhon. Expiring contracts and a pick. Save money get a pick possible long term PG.

Chi gets a Post player and a Big 2 G and this opens up the posibilty of exploring more trade options later on for Wallace. Down side is that Nene has a injury history and Smith in on/off. Which is why Chi gives up little.
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#29 » by anorexorcism » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:56 pm

^^JR Smith already stopped by here for 2 days and we let him go in the blink of an eye.

I wouldn't want him here, because he'd just chuck the ball and does nothing else of any value.
85Bears
Pro Prospect
And1: 135

Post#30 » by 85Bears » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:18 pm

Hinrich and Wallace
for
T Mac, Scola, Rafer
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#31 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:47 pm

eNgIeS wrote:Mainly coz Phoenix wouldnt do it. Bells proven. Thabo isnt despite all the potential. Kryapa i think would actually be decent for suns thou

Yea I agree. Phoenix does like Sefolosha, and even though their trying to avoid luxury tax soon, Bell doesn't seem like the one they want to part with in a salary-dump situation. Shawn Marion would still most likely be the one for that, since they would have to give him a lot more in an extension.
SuburbanOasis
General Manager
And1: 22

Post#32 » by SuburbanOasis » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:02 pm

What would it take to get Mike Miller from Memphis?

Signed for about 9 mil for 2 years after this, but he would be a good starter at the 2 and backup at the 3.

Griz have conley, gay, warrick, navarro, lowry, cardinal, stoudamire. Gay could play some 2, Cardinal and Warrick can play the 3.

We would likely have to give up Noce/Tyrus or Noah, which wouldn't be the best trade.. but Miller would completely shore up our 1-2-3 positions with players who can play offense and defense in this league.
BobbyBulls
Freshman

Post#33 » by BobbyBulls » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:02 pm

There's a big guard out west that can create shots for his teamates, can post up, drives to the hoop like a running back and has great leadership skills. Oh yeah, Pax didn't draft Brandon Roy! I don't think Portland would trade him now. :D Sorry, but I had to vent.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#34 » by Cliff Levingston » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:08 pm

SuburbanOasis wrote:What would it take to get Mike Miller from Memphis?

Signed for about 9 mil for 2 years after this, but he would be a good starter at the 2 and backup at the 3.

Griz have conley, gay, warrick, navarro, lowry, cardinal, stoudamire. Gay could play some 2, Cardinal and Warrick can play the 3.

We would likely have to give up Noce/Tyrus or Noah, which wouldn't be the best trade.. but Miller would completely shore up our 1-2-3 positions with players who can play offense and defense in this league.

Nocioni + Thomas for Miller + Warrick works in the checker. It helps relieve the log jam in the front court and provides another capable player to the back court. However, it doesn't help us save any money with which to re-sign Deng/Gordon and we could easily lose Warrick in the offseason as result, further devaluing the trade.

1. Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon
2. Miller, Gordon, Sefolosha
3. Deng, Miller, Sefolosha
4. Smith, Noah, Warrick
5. Wallace, Gray, Noah
BULLHITTER
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#35 » by BULLHITTER » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:14 pm

miller, imo would be an ok acquisition, but i'm not a big fan of warrick; he seems like a lesser version of thomas. i'd rather keep thomas and see him develop than take warrick off their hands only to see thomas blow up because he got minutes. further, warrick sees 0 floor time (trade an unproven #2 pick for a guy who's going to be 3rd string at best?) on the bulls, especially if thomas didn't.

miller's acquisition doesn't make up for that.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#36 » by Cliff Levingston » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:26 pm

...Thomas could be replaced in that deal with Sefolosha and Khryapa, and Warrick could be replaced with Casey Jacobsen and Andre Brown. Hence, the deal would be:

Nocioni + Sefolosha + Khryapa for Miller + Jacobsen + Brown

Better deal for us for sure. Memphis still gets a young guy back to develop who could possibly fill in at SG. We don't have to give up Thomas and get the player we want.

2. Miller, Gordon, Jacobsen
3. Deng, Miller, Griffin
4. Smith, Thomas, Brown
5. Wallace, Noah, Gray
tclg
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by tclg » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:36 pm

Carlos delfino I think we should go after him
BULLHITTER
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#38 » by BULLHITTER » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:36 pm

even though i hate the idea of giving up on sefolosha (andre brown went to my HS alma mater, but he's not nba material) so soon......how's the saying go?

get'er done PAX?......
BuLLs>LiFe
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#39 » by BuLLs>LiFe » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:36 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:...Thomas could be replaced in that deal with Sefolosha and Khryapa, and Warrick could be replaced with Casey Jacobsen and Andre Brown. Hence, the deal would be:

Nocioni + Sefolosha + Khryapa for Miller + Jacobsen + Brown

Better deal for us for sure. Memphis still gets a young guy back to develop who could possibly fill in at SG. We don't have to give up Thomas and get the player we want.

2. Miller, Gordon, Jacobsen
3. Deng, Miller, Griffin
4. Smith, Thomas, Brown
5. Wallace, Noah, Gray

Our frontcourt is still meh, but I LOVE our backcourt/wings rotation in this lineup. I wonder if the Grizzles do this though.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,073

Post#40 » by MrSparkle » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:29 pm

I think Thabo can become a good player. Kevin Martin didn't look like anything special when he played 40 games and averaged 5 minutes a game his first year. When Thabo has played a full game, I've seen good things. I saw bad things too, but by no means did he look hopeless. He was given some chances early this season, but the team looked like such crap that it's hard to use that as an accurate read.

I honestly don't think it would hurt to give him a longer trial at sg, perhaps starting position.

Return to Chicago Bulls