Image ImageImage Image

Should we trade Deng?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#41 » by suckfish » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:13 pm

bullzman23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Cliff, while I agree with what you're saying, Deng himself needs to assert himself. I rarely see him calling for the ball after the third quarter. Teammates should look to get him involved more, but if I get the feeling that someone on my team shys away from shooting in the fourth I'd be reluctant to go to him to. He needs to change his mentality. He changed it against Miami. It's time to do it now too.

I think theres some truth to that. One thing you have to bear in mind though, if the coach draws up specific plays that involve Gordon primarily Deng cannot just wave them off and demand the ball. Luol has to stick to the play and if it doesn't involve the ball going through him theres little he can do without disrupting what the coach has designed.

It's not quite as simple as just calling for the ball.

I think we should definately look to go through Luol more in the latter stages of the game. It doesn't necessarily mean that Luol has to be the one who takes the shot, he can still kick it out if he can't get a good shot.

I quite like Cliff's idea of having the ball go through Luol in the post first, if nothing is produced from Luol have Gordon set his man up of a few picks off the ball for the jumpshot. If he can't get a shot let Gordon pull it back going one on one without the pick and roll.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,926

Post#42 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:15 pm

I hate how we execute late. Why can't our coaches implement offense that...I don't know...utilizes and focuses on our two best players and often uses them together? Like if you're gonna screen for BG, use Deng instead of Wallace...makes sense in so many ways I don't get why the coaches don't use it if they are deadset on using high screens. Frustrating. :banghead:
antemiogordon
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#43 » by antemiogordon » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:32 pm

Never!

Return to Chicago Bulls