Image ImageImage Image

Hinrich For McGrady Rumor?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 468

Post#41 » by Future Coach » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:55 am

Sonny_D1 wrote:A few big ifs, but IF the Rockets want to move T-Mac and IF they're willing to take back Wallace, and IF the Bulls are willing to take back some wasted filler, then the following deal works:

Wallace, Hinrich, and Noc
McGrady, Scola, Mike James, Head

Personally I think both Wallace and Kirk would thrive playing alongside a big in Ming.

When there was that article a little bit ago about tmac possibly being unhappy in houston (which the credibility of that article may be questionable) I actually was thinking of a similar trade to this but instead of james insert alston because I think alston is capable of running a team and would be maybe the best backup pg in the league if we ever committed to gordon at the pg (A whole other factor I'll address this below). One issue I was considering is that I know noc and scola would love to play with each other if it was possible and if we trade wallace I would want scola in return as he is at the very least serviceable to put into the lineup right now. Not sure how to make the contracts match though.

But back to reality I envision none of this happening with our current coaching situation. Boylan is Skiles 2.0 with authority to move gordon back to the bench where he can dominate other teams reserve early on. Boylan, if not paxson also, is certainly not willing to put gordon at the pg. Another major issue is that all signs are pointing that gordon will likely be traded or out of chicago one way or another (likely sign & trade after the season), but he hates the coaches and thinks he is a starting 2 guard, which he is on many teams. Also giving this much responsibility to tyrus and noah doesn't seem likely with the current coaching staff, again unfortunately.
Not to mention this history tmac has with bulls ownership. Do we all forget how tmac deliberately flirted with the bulls just to get higher offers, really having no intention of signing. I'm sure that wasn't too appreciated.

But I would love a deal for tmac because it leaves open the possibility of having cap room when wade can become a free agent, and miami's situation isn't looking too bright for that time period. Although wallace's contract is the same length as well.

So while tmac does have injury problems he is a top player in this league and combining him and deng along with thomas and noah could be nice, then wade come along.... oh I can just see it now. Just need to get rid of this coaching staff.
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#42 » by Bulls69 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:21 pm

Ben B. wrote:Please stop torturing me.

A few years back when T-Mac played for the Magic I said never I wanted T-Mac on the Bulls because he is soft as a baby bottom so please keep T-Mac away from my Bulls.
85Bears
Pro Prospect
And1: 135

Post#43 » by 85Bears » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:31 pm

I posted this elsewhere;

Hinrich and Wallace
for
Tmac, Scola adn Rafer.

It works on the checker. I dont know how high Hou. is on Scola and they did not pay much for him. I dont really like T Mac, great talent but heart the size of the grinch, 2 sizes too small.

I love getting Scola and Noc together. I was hoping for that this summer.
Eminjay7
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#44 » by Eminjay7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:37 pm

I'd love to get Scola/Head/Tmac for Kirk/Wallace, but Tmac just plays around 60 games each year and it'd hurt us alot when he'd be injured, because we just have Duhon at PG and Gordon/Head at SG, so no one could defend the opposites SG!
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#45 » by #1TKfan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:35 pm

dougthonus wrote:I'm not a big McGrady guy, but I'd go for this deal if it was Hinrich + Nocioni (would have to be in the off season) or Hinrich + Wallace.

Losing Wallace or Nocioni would not be a negative to this franchise. I know McGrady is hurt a lot, and his issues do seem chronic, but he's only got 2 more years after this one. You're not giving up an irreplaceable player in Hinrich, and losing one of the other guys would just create the room we need in the front court to help give our young guys minutes.

McGrady would really ease the pressure on Gordon by helping to create double teams and probably get him a lot of open looks. He can also draw fouls and become a goto player to an extent.

While McGrady has never gotten out of the first round, it was McGrady + Crap in Orlando, and Houston plays in the west where they've had to go up against awesome teams in the first round. If he was on the Bulls as constructed and healthy come play off time, then it's more or less a lock that we'd move on IMO.

i agree, although im REALLY interested in Tmac. i know he is injury prone, but we are talking about kirk here. not liking the deal would be saying that kirk is better than tmac. (and i hope you guys are not thinking that) if its more players that we have to give up that worries you, like doug said, i dont think losing a noc or a wallace will hurt the bulls. we NEED a big guard. tmac is solid. i think the eastern conference would be better for him and his back. its slower paced.
(plus it would make kobe jealous) lol
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,846

Post#46 » by Ben » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:12 pm

Bulls69 wrote:
A few years back when T-Mac played for the Magic I said never I wanted T-Mac on the Bulls because he is soft as a baby bottom so please keep T-Mac away from my Bulls.

Actually I wrote "stop torturing me" b/c I would LOVE to see Kirk & Wallace for TMac & Scola -- I would happily thrown in Noc for filler if that would seal the deal-- but I know that it'll never happen.

I don't agree with you that TMac is soft and/or a loser. He's hurt a lot, yes. That's his one really big demerit. But he would be awesome next to BG and if he were healthy in the playoffs I think that we could move into Boston's class.

BG/ Duhon
TMac/ BG/ Thabo/ Deng
Deng/ Thabo/ TT
Scola/ TT/ Smith/ Noah
Noah/ Smith/ TT/ Gray

That team would be very, very good right now and have great upside when TT & Noah develop more (if TT is ever given any minutes here).

But it's not going to happen. No way, no how.

Return to Chicago Bulls