Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Bobcats Postgame Thread: Noah brings the HUSTLE..

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#41 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:39 am

you know whats nice, since the coaching change..we finally have that never say die attitude it seems like. We were losing going into the 4th against milwaukee losing going into the 4th against charlotte and we coulda easily bowed out numerous times against orlando but we kept it close. This is the kinda team i wanna see play against boston and others..we may not always win but at least we can have a fighting chance in every game.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Balance-a-Bull
Bench Warmer
And1: 2
Location: Somewhere angry and lost in the Bulls brass psyche, where offense is an afterthought

Post#42 » by Balance-a-Bull » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:41 am

Smith was a great FA pick-up. I knew once we signed him that he would be outstanding for us. He is doing a tremendous job.

Our overall movement and sharing on offense was very, very good and we were active enough on defense to get the job done we needed it.
A plea for post scoring is a plausible Bulls plan, but plainly isn't a priority. In response to a post player's dismay about his lack of points in the paint, Paxson said.... "I'm not nearly as concerned about the offensive stuff as he is."
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#43 » by Ralphb07 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:41 am

What I like was Boylan played Noc 16 mins, which gave Noah the time. Noc is great for 16-20 but I dont really like seeing him play more and thats what I have noticed Boylan is doing different, Besides Gordon he is treating back ups like backups with the mins.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#44 » by nomorezorro » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:41 am

Red Larrivee wrote:You wouldn't think Deng had a double double by watching the game, but you would by looking at the stats.

He's got to get better with having more of an impact. I swear, until after Dore said it, I thought Deng only had maybe 10 and 7.

I disagree. While it didn't seem like he had much of a scoring impact, he definitely was crashing the boards in a noticeable way.

and really there's nothing wrong with getting your points quietly as long as you're consistant over the course of the game
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#45 » by MrSparkle » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:45 am

Has Redd's voice changed or am I going insane?!
Shinky
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#46 » by Shinky » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:46 am

I haven't seen a Bulls rookie take a game over like that in a long time.

Noah won us this game, IMO. Outstanding job by him.
nas27
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#47 » by nas27 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:47 am

MrSparkle wrote:Has Redd's voice changed or am I going insane?!
I thought I was going crazy. It completely sounded different tonight. Maybe a cold.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#48 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:47 am

Ralphb07 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He played 17 mins and did great but so did Joe Smith. Noah is a rookie and who is to say playing 30 mins he does what he did. Boylan did a great job by playing him a good amount but also playing the vets.

Theres not enough mins for Tyrus,Noah and Noc so some one has to be the odd man out.

Also at the 5min mark it was a GOOD sign to see when he brought Deng back it was for Noc and not Noah. Look at the positives in the game not what you want
Boylan has said he would work guys in and he has. Tyrus must not be showing much

I dont buy that. I posted in a different thread that Tyrus was basically avg 10/7reb/2stls/2blks 48% in 19mins the previous 5 games.Playing GREAT. Remember the Washington game?

Well He has now followed that by playing a combined 22 mins in 6 games and 2 were DNP-CDs.

And trust me, no one knows whats going on here.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#49 » by dougthonus » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:49 am

We found a good lineup

Ben
Kirk
Deng
Noah
Wallace

I think an even better one would be Gordon, Kirk, Deng, Smith, and Noah.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
nas27
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#50 » by nas27 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:49 am

LMAO at Kendall and Norm saying Duhon is handling starting well since he's a facilitator. BS. He had 3 assists, and played horrible defense against Orlando. His lack of shooting is going to increasingly make the offense stagnant.
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#51 » by Ralphb07 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:50 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I dont buy that. I posted in a different thread that Tyrus was basically avg 10/7reb/2stls/2blks 48% in 19mins the previous 5 games.Playing GREAT. Remember the Washington game?

Well He has now followed that by playing a combined 22 mins in 6 games and 2 were DNP-CDs.

And trust me, no one knows whats going on here.

Thats under Skiles not Boylan. I just dont see how anyone can question Boylan after 4 games. Wallae had another good game, Smith played well, so did Noc and Noah. How the hell were we supose to fit Tyrus in that
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#52 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:52 am

Duhon/Hinrich never has been much of a backcourt. You don't know who's doing what and the offense gets affected.

Duhon's better when he's got Deng or Gordon in the back with him.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#53 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:52 am

dougthonus wrote:
We found a good lineup

Ben
Kirk
Deng
Noah
Wallace

I think an even better one would be Gordon, Kirk, Deng, Smith, and Noah.

Got to admitt though, Wallace and Noah really looked good in the fourth. They had their hands on pretty much every rebound, they played good defense, and they passed well to each other. Sure, it was just one game, but i liked how Noah seemed to give Wallace a little lift.
girlygirl
RealGM

Post#54 » by girlygirl » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:54 am

nas27 wrote:LMAO at Kendall and Norm saying Duhon is handling starting well since he's a facilitator. BS. He had 3 assists, and played horrible defense against Orlando. His lack of shooting is going to increasingly make the offense stagnant.

Norm and Kendall both believe Duhon's the best PG on the team...even though since the switch was made to put him in the lineup he isn't doing all that much to set up the offense. In Du's defense, Kirk still handles the ball a fair amount in that pairing.
newskoolbulls
Banned User

Post#55 » by newskoolbulls » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:55 am

I didnt see MJ was he their?
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:55 am

nas27 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I thought I was going crazy. It completely sounded different tonight. Maybe a cold.

i thought so too! i was watching via sopcast so i was thinking maybe it was that but yeah he definitely didn't sound like redd today
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#57 » by DJhitek » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:55 am

Noah was a man tonight, great game. Finished at the rim, made the appropriate cuts and picks. His best game as a pro IMO.

Ben looks like he has found his stroke and the offense looks much smoother and quicker with Noah there....Tyrus not playing doesn't surprise me. Oh well, He'll never surpass Noc in the rotation even if he can talent-wise.
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#58 » by Ralphb07 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:56 am

I hope the Thabo mins are to get his confidence back to take over for Du, Having Thabo size would be great. We strongly need a SG above 6'1 to start
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#59 » by Rerisen » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:58 am

Ralphb07 wrote:He played 17 mins and did great but so did Joe Smith. Noah is a rookie and who is to say playing 30 mins he does what he did. Boylan did a great job by playing him a good amount but also playing the vets.

I agree, but that supports the statement you responded to rather than refuting it.

In other words, Joe played very well and Boylan saw that you can still get contributions out of Noah and even Gray, even in a game where Joe is rolling. You don't have to overplay him into the ground just because he is doing good like Skiles did.

Which makes it all the more inexcusable all those games when Joe didn't do anything special, was even bad, and we still couldn't get the young guys respectable minutes.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach

Post#60 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:00 am

can i just throw this out there..people ask how do u fit thomas in when wallace is playing well. First of wallace playing "well" is a bit skewed cuz he sucks so bad that he doesn't have to play that good for us to think he's playing "well". Also, I'll go as far to say as Tyrus playing good is a much better player than wallace playing good at this point, so it really should be us talking about how can we fit wallace in when thomas is playing well..and the answer should be not very well.

Return to Chicago Bulls