Image ImageImage Image

Hypothetical lakers deal.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dflaschberger
Analyst
And1: 0

Hypothetical lakers deal. 

Post#1 » by dflaschberger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:38 pm

I've tried a Wallace to the lakers a few times, but we would get stuck with Vlad. I know that our future is probably not now, but in the future. I honestly think we are the 3rd best team in the East right now, but in with a group of clubs like Orlando and Cleveland. Detroit and Boston will rule the conference for 2 years before their vets start to decline. I want us to be competitive for this and next year, then ready for a five year run (at least) as top dog.

I also know the lakers future is now, while kobe is in his prime. They are close out West, but need a little more. Therefore:

Noc and JSmith for Kwame, Critterton and their #1 this year (top 8 protection?)

Why?
The lakers get a nice starting 3 in Noc-Ariza is a bench player. Noc would fit perfect in the triangle and is tough (Kobe and Phil would like him). Smith is a VERY good backup big, another nice fit in LA.

They give up a nice prospect in Critterton but don't have time to develop him with fisher and Farmer. their #1 will be around 20-not likely to be an impact player for them right away. They have a short window to get to the top, but it's possible. Plus, smith's deal expires right when Bynum is ready for his (max?) extension.

For the bulls, it does many things;
1. a possible 3rd guard for kirk and ben-critteton has size
2. frees up $ for deng and gordon
3. frees up minutes to develop thomas, noah, thabo and gray

I love Noc and Smith, but I feel we are a second round exit at best this year. We would still make the playoffs this year, possibly advance, but have a brighter future with this deal. the pick plus our pick help us land 1 more future big and a backup 2/3 who can shoot
ManicBullsFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#2 » by ManicBullsFan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:42 pm

IBTL
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#3 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:44 pm

There is a trade thread. Put this idea there
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb

Return to Chicago Bulls