Image ImageImage Image

Jim Boylan on 670 The Score

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#81 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:42 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Which is the worst place to be in professional sports; good enough to not get an impact rookie in the draft but bad enough to where you can't win the title.

But with a team with many of our key players 25 and under. We have to play this group out and see where it goes. Minor tweaks are fine. But anything major wouldn't be a logical move for this team.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#82 » by molepharmer » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:01 am

Hangtime84 wrote:...I think the right now we just trying to develop some chemistry amongst 8 people. Then after that try and develop the young front court that we have......

I'm sure that's the intention of Boylan; and Pax may be on board with this approach. But execution of the plan may prove more difficult than they anticipate. If right now the intent is to get something going and in time work in the youth, at some point they're going to have to decide when that time is at hand.

Potential problem is that at each W-L milestone, they're going to see something else in their reach so they may feel better staying with the vets a little longer. Example, they get to 0.500 and an 8th seeding but then realize with a few more wins they can get the 6th seed; after that, maybe a few more wins and a 4th seed. Or maybe it'll be a tougher schedule coming up where they'll want to stick with the vets. Barring an injury, it's always going to be something.

They need the mindset that at some point they'll commit to the youth even if it costs a game or two. I don't see them (Boylan or Pax) doing that unless the Bulls are out of the playoff hunt - which may not be until the last couple of weeks of the season.

I hope I'm wrong but I can easily see this happening.
PJ Brown
Lead Assistant
And1: 84

Post#83 » by PJ Brown » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:29 am

molepharmer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They need the mindset that at some point they'll commit to the youth even if it costs a game or two. I don't see them (Boylan or Pax) doing that unless the Bulls are out of the playoff hunt - which may not be until the last couple of weeks of the season.

I hope I'm wrong but I can easily see this happening.

On Part III of his AM 1000 interview last week, Paxson said that they were going to do everything they could to get back in it, but that there was a certain point where if things slip away where they'd have to find substantial minutes for the young guys, naming the bigs by name and even Thabo. Now, that is certainly vague, but I don't read that is just the last few weeks--I'd say that's before the trading deadline.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#84 » by LordBaldric » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:49 am

This is infuriating. I suffered for years as Minny failed to develop beyond a B level team, much in part because of the lost draft picks resulting from Joe Smith's illegal contract. Now this Bull's team won't develop the lottery draft picks they do have, much in part because we signed Smith, and the coaches are determined to bury the youngsters behind him. This is bush league management.

The Bulls are heading down a dark road.

Return to Chicago Bulls