Image ImageImage Image

Thabo Diary - "My comeback to USA !"

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Jim
Sophomore
And1: 0

Thabo Diary - "My comeback to USA !" 

Post#1 » by Jim » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:54 pm

View on his website : http://www.thabosefolosha.com/news/my-c ... -!-96.html

I am still convince he has a role to play in this team... and I am sure he will prove it under Boylan! Give the kid a chance to show !

My comeback to USA !
"Impossible is Nothing"
Go Thabo !
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#2 » by Wingy » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:42 pm

Does anyone know why he wasn't active last night? I'm sure it's in other threads, but I don't want to search forever. (please don't reply with a 'cause he sucks' because that's soooo predictable). On topic...

Swiss Chocolate wrote:Unfortunately, for different reasons, it didn't happen as I've expected but I'm still confident and I'm working hard everyday to reach my goals.

I wonder what he's doing to improve. We never see stories on Bull player work ethic other than BG or Deng. Seems like they have a monopoly.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#3 » by suckfish » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:48 pm

Wingy wrote:Does anyone know why he wasn't active last night? I'm sure it's in other threads, but I don't want to search forever. (please don't reply with a 'cause he sucks' because that's soooo predictable). On topic...

-= original quote snipped =-

I wonder what he's doing to improve. We never see stories on Bull player work ethic other than BG or Deng. Seems like they have a monopoly.

Sprained right ankle.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#4 » by MrSparkle » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:52 pm

I've seen Thabo play good basketball.

Okay, I can buy that some excellent players just never adjust to the NBA (Jasikevicius, Macijauskas, Gelabale?, etc.)... but there's GOT to be a place for them in this league. It's hard to adjust if you run a system in a competitive situation (Euroleague, world championships surely aren't NBA level, but they are competetive), and then are lowered to DNP status all the time.

Kirk was allowed to play through some brutal mistakes his rookie year. His first few games, I remember he was almost a guaranteed turnover every play. But we saw potential in the smart sets he set up when given a chance, and he defended well... so he kept getting promoted.

I've seen enough to KNOW that Thabo can pass. His shooting form is ugly, but same can be said for Marion, Kevin Martin and Barbosa. If he gets comfortable, I'm sure he could become a solid player and go up from there.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#5 » by suckfish » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:00 pm

Okay, I can buy that some excellent players just never adjust to the NBA (Jasikevicius, Macijauskas, Gelabale?, etc.)... but there's GOT to be a place for them in this league. It's hard to adjust if you run a system in a competitive situation (Euroleague, world championships surely aren't NBA level, but they are competetive), and then are lowered to DNP status all the time.

Difference is Sarunas and Arvydas had good basketball skills but not the size or physical abilities, Thabo is the complete opposite really. He has a great frame but lacks shooting ability.

That's why I was so convinced Thabo could become a good player, his only really glaring weaknesses are his shooting and his speed and accelaration (ability to change gears). At the right club and under the right coach and management I'm certain he would progress nicely. It just ain't happening in the Windy City. 8)

I've seen enough to KNOW that Thabo can pass. His shooting form is ugly, but same can be said for Marion, Kevin Martin and Barbosa. If he gets comfortable, I'm sure he could become a solid player and go up from there.

Ugly form is fine if the ball goes in. Ugly form isn't fine if it hurts the rim.
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#6 » by NLK » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:49 pm

This diary topic needs a song to be played in the background, while reading it. I select:

THIS!
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."

Return to Chicago Bulls