Image ImageImage Image

Damon Stoudamire Wants Out: Perfect MEM/CHI Trade

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Damon Stoudamire Wants Out: Perfect MEM/CHI Trade 

Post#1 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:54 pm

Chicago Trades
Andres Nocioni
Chris Duhon
Adrian Griffin
Viktor Khryapa
2008 2nd Rounder

Memphis Trades
Mike Miller
Damon Stoudamire
Casey Jacobson

Hinrich / Stoudamire / Curry
Miller / Gordon
Deng / Nichols / Jacobson
Smith / Thomas
Wallace / Noah / Gray

Then you still have pieces to go after a post player or a superstar, and you fix your problem in the backcourt with a taller 2. But you definitely need a trade after this to build off.

Memphis:

Duhon / Conley / Lowry
Gay / Navarro / Richardson / Griffin
Nocioni / Cardinal / Khryapa
Milicic / Warrick / Brown
Gasol / Swift

Works for both teams.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#2 » by coldfish » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:10 pm

I like that. Its a close variation of what Cliff was pushing recently.

Miller would be your back up small forward.

I don't see why Memphis gets a pick in this situation. They shed a bad contract and they get Nocioni. If anything, Chicago should be getting the pick.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#3 » by SportsWorld » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:12 pm

I like it but not sure if Memphis would do that. Anyway we can throw in Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas and get Gasol in return?
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#4 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:16 pm

No thanks, the guy is even shorter than the guards they have now.

They need a guard that is capable of DUNKING the ball.
gnk2727
Senior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by gnk2727 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:17 pm

I wouldnt mind this at all. Miller can shoot. He's more agile than Nocioni and he can back up the 2 and 3 positions.

He's shooting 51.1% from 2 and 43.0% from 3 this year. As well as 81.2% from the FT line. He can rebound, but his defense is the only suspect here.
Derrick Rose 10 / 11 Stat Prediction: 24.4ppg, 4.7rpg, 8.6apg, 0.44bpg, 1.4spg, 49% FG, 38% 3FG, 83% FT, 37mpg
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#6 » by Wingy » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:17 pm

coldfish wrote:I like that. Its a close variation of what Cliff was pushing recently.

Miller would be your back up small forward.

I don't see why Memphis gets a pick in this situation. They shed a bad contract and they get Nocioni. If anything, Chicago should be getting the pick.

eh, on the other hand Miller is a better player than Noc, and Noc's salary is a much longer term commitment. I like it though, but I think a prob might be that Rudy is more 3 than 2 and they might not want him at the 2 full time.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#7 » by dougthonus » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:18 pm

I like it but not sure if Memphis would do that. Anyway we can throw in Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas and get Gasol in return?

I'm pretty sure that Memphis is looking to move Gasol in any trade that Damon Stoudamire goes in.

Deng + Tyrus would probably be fair value for Gasol for Memphis, but I'm not sure they'd want to trade Gasol and get back a pure 3 and a 3/4 tweener. Not based on their current roster make up. Deng + Noah might fit their team needs better. I'm not sure I'd do either trade though.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
tclg
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by tclg » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:18 pm

I like the trade I think memphis would be into that post it on the trade board and see what they think?
gnk2727
Senior

Post#9 » by gnk2727 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:22 pm

Duhon plays 22mpg and Nocioni plays 25mpg. So thats 47 minutes between the 2 of them. If we were able to procure Miller that would free up some time for Noah, Gray & TT since Miller would fill in Duhons minutes and Nocioni's minutes.
Derrick Rose 10 / 11 Stat Prediction: 24.4ppg, 4.7rpg, 8.6apg, 0.44bpg, 1.4spg, 49% FG, 38% 3FG, 83% FT, 37mpg
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#10 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:25 pm

Wingy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

eh, on the other hand Miller is a better player than Noc, and Noc's salary is a much longer term commitment. I like it though, but I think a prob might be that Rudy is more 3 than 2 and they might not want him at the 2 full time.

Memphis could do Conley or Duhon / Navarro / Gay / Nocioni / Gasol

They'd have an undersized backcourt, but they have Gasol in the middle, and Gay can create pretty well.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#11 » by Wingy » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:28 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Memphis could do Conley or Duhon / Navarro / Gay / Nocioni / Gasol

They'd have an undersized backcourt, but they have Gasol in the middle, and Gay can create pretty well.

Nice! :)

Dump our problem on them! Small backcourt and undersized PF playing heavy minutes.

If they'd bite, I'd be psyched...but if they're smart they wouldn't do it.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#12 » by RyGuy24 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:28 pm

Sign me up. All along i've been wanting a good 3 guard rotation minus Duhon. However, for some reason I get the impression Paxson thinks everyone in Chicago loves Nocioni and would hate to see him go if it wasn't a deal where a star is coming back.
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Post#13 » by emperorjones » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:40 pm

dougthonus wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Memphis is looking to move Gasol in any trade that Damon Stoudamire goes in.

Yeah, since Damon wants out, we might as well make it a three team deal with the Lakers & Kobe to see if we can't try to accommodate him.

By the way, is there any other sport where players publicly "want out" more than basketball?
SuburbanOasis
General Manager
And1: 22

Post#14 » by SuburbanOasis » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:05 pm

The last thing Memphis needs is Duhon... This deal is unnecessarily big to account for Damon Stoudamires contract.

Keep it simple.

Noce+ Filler

for

Miller+ Filler

Duhon is useless on that team. They have Navarro, Lowry and Conley on that team. Duhon is nice, but that team is going no where they need to get their young PG's some playing time.

Miller for Noce makes sense on 3 levels.

1. Gay is more of a 2/3, as is Miller. Noce is a 3/4 which should free up a little more time for Gay on the wing.

2. Memphis was interested in Noce over the summer and may have even offered him a large contract.

3. Noce would fit in well at the 3/4 with the running style Iavorinni wants to put in.

No need to make it overly complicated.
PhD Griz
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by PhD Griz » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:54 pm

wingy....we already have an undersized backcourt with Conley, Lowry and Navarro.....but it doesn't seem to bother Iavaroni too much...

Oasis....Actually Gay has played teh 3/4 spot all year...Coach doesn't like him at teh 2 and really wants to play him at the 4, but he is best at the 3....

alright bulls fans....here is teh much too big trade idea to ever get done midseason that I'd be alright with....even though i don't think many griz fans like it and my gut says Wallace is too scared to trade Pau right now...

Pau
Navarro
Damon
Cardinal

for

Noc
Ty
Thabo
Joe Smith
Duhon
Victor
1st rounder (you pick the year)

of course, I want Deng very badly, but that dream seems dead....
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#16 » by dougthonus » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:57 pm

Sign me up for hat deal though I agree it would never get done this year, and I doubt the Bulls would be willing to take on that much salary.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls