Image ImageImage Image

Keep hope alive. We're still very much in it people...

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,826

Keep hope alive. We're still very much in it people... 

Post#1 » by kulaz3000 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:51 am

Considering how short of the expectations we have played to, i think there are still many things to be optomistic about. Try to forget about the mintues played arguments against Wallace and for Tyrus for a moment. Try to forget the ailling injury to Dengs left achilles' tendon that seems like will plague him for the remainder of the season. Try to forget the inconsistencies of our young best players in Gordon, Kirk and Deng. And also the dreaded reality that we've already lost 10 games at home.

We are still in the thick of things in the Eastern Conference. We are now currently at 14 and 20. 6 games away from being a .500 team, which in the East, pretty much assures you a playoff spot. We are 2 games away from the 8th spot and only 4 games away from the 4th seed. With Boston and the Pistons clearly running away with the East, the other teams all seemed to be grouped together, waiting for a few teams to pull away from the pack. We can be one of those teams to pull away, and its not too late.

Our offense has picked up. Our defense is still lacking, but we're a team that has been good on the defensive end for 3 years now, and you can't just suddenly be bad, im positive it will come around. We are slowly but surely now intergrating our young players into the rotation. It seems has though Gray has definitly found given mintues each game, and now Tyrus and Noah are getting their time in spurts. To some fans, its still not enough mintues but the way its progressed, im still one to believe that all three Gray, Noah and Tyrus will be recieving significant mintues, but more importantly making siginifcant impacts to our teams success.

I am still one who believes that a trade needs to be made, to give a jolt to this team. But we have too much talent, regardless of whether you think some of the talented is over-rated or not, the talent is there, and so is the experienec of winning and being together as a group. Im optomistic that we can still be more than a mere .500 team by end of season, and we'll string together a winning streak(or hopefully two).

Its been a rough start to the season, but im still very much in love with this team and i will continue to remain optomistic.

Go Bulls.

[Edit. I just want to go on record as saying im not a fan of the tanking method. I feel that losing and tanking in "hopes" to benefit from it hardly ever works. Its just that, a "hope" rather than being proactive about wanting to succeed. I think it brings a negative attitude to the organization as does to the players on the team, that the organization isn't willing and putting forth their energy to try to win. I think you always have to put in the effort and try to win regardless of the talent you have, or whether the season turns into a losing season. Because as we've witness with the past Bulls teams, you become accustomed to losing and it becomes part of your attitude. Thats why i think the fact that we've had success as a team in the past will only benefit us as the season progresses.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#2 » by Mr. Tibbs » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:02 am

agreed. if we were in the west i'd say tank all the way but in the east i'm not losing hope until it's over.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#3 » by Jordan45822 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:04 am

Yep, of course we still in it only 2 games out.
Flite
Starter
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Flite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:05 am

I just skimmed over this post because I gotta head off to bed, but weren't you one of the "It's all over, tank for a superstar" guys just a couple months ago?

We were always in it.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#5 » by Mr. Tibbs » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:06 am

we tanked last year for a superstar and we got him. his name is aaron gray. now we'll get serious about a title.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#6 » by JackFinn » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:10 am

I don't think you should have your optimism based on winning or based on being on a path to improvement. This year, it seems the only way to reach the ECF (improving on last year) is to be better than either Detroit or Boston.

Rather, I think it's better to enjoy Stacey King freeze framing Tyrus' dunk and scribbling Tyrus' autograph over Jason Smith's wincing face while giggling like a child.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,826

Post#7 » by kulaz3000 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:12 am

Flite wrote:I just skimmed over this post because I gotta head off to bed, but weren't you one of the "It's all over, tank for a superstar" guys just a couple months ago?

We were always in it.

No. I've never advocated "tanking" as something we should do. Nor would i suggest that for any team in any sports. But i would trade for a Superstar, no doubt about it. This league and winning is directly aligned with having Superstars on your team for the most part. But i wouldn't tank in "hopes" to get a Superstar in the draft.

I think what the players need to realize is that we're a good team playing poorly. And that we're not a bad team playing poorly. At times just by looking at their body language they just don't seem confident in their own abilities more than anything else. Once they realize they are a good team just playing poorly, as opposed to a bad team playing poorly, i believe they will get out of this funk and starting winning more convincingly.
topper09
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#8 » by topper09 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:20 am

Are you kidding me here?? Just making the playoffs doesn't cut it anymore!!
That was the goal during the initial stage of re-building !!!

This bulls team might make the playoffs.. But will get waxed by whom ever they play.

That`s unless Mr. No balls John Paxson makes a move.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#9 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:55 am

topper09 wrote:Are you kidding me here?? Just making the playoffs doesn't cut it anymore!!
That was the goal during the initial stage of re-building !!!

This bulls team might make the playoffs.. But will get waxed by whom ever they play.

That`s unless Mr. No balls John Paxson makes a move.

It DOES for management & the bean counters.

Making the playoffs will result in a huge management bonus for Reinsdorf & Paxson & others at the top.

Of course, making the second round is even better (which is why they got Ben W). However, the Bulls bosses know that will not happen this season

However, making the playoffs is better than not making them. Paxson would almost certainly get a huge bonus if they did & Boylan keeps his job
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
eNgIeS
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#10 » by eNgIeS » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:09 am

We have alot of pieces there and we just had a very bad long slump

If players put in the effort we can win just like last year. JUst coz we dont get 1st or 2nd seed dont mean we dont have a shot at winning. Just askin Houston 94-95 team
Bring back Nocioni!!!
mr.ankle
Banned User
And1: 57

Post#11 » by mr.ankle » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:59 am

I still thinks it's a long shot they make the playoffs
dflaschberger
Analyst

Post#12 » by dflaschberger » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:03 pm

i honestly see us losing in the second round again. We will end up 4,5 or 6-beat however then lose to detroit or boston. Not the end of the world, as long as we are competetive in the seoncd round
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#13 » by TB#1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:12 pm

molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,144

Post#14 » by molepharmer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Basketball is 90% mental, the other half is physical.
topper09
Analyst

Post#15 » by topper09 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:07 pm

[quote="bulls6"][/quote]

Yes. I agree if I was the owner. But we're fans Bulls6 !! I'm speaking as a passionate fan not an owner.

I believe it's a fair assessment that the playoffs alone doesn't cut it. Whether management thinks dollars and cents or not. management has been promising season ticket holders a good, competitive, championship driven caliber direction team. And so far, the GM needs to be fired for a total disaster of a season.

How can you explain the team that was picked and touted by many to go all the way to the Eastern Conference finals, only to have their head coach fired, their players stuggling and their fan base ticket off more than ever, not to mention a below 500 record???
Flite
Starter
And1: 2

Post#16 » by Flite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:20 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No. I've never advocated "tanking" as something we should do. Nor would i suggest that for any team in any sports. But i would trade for a Superstar, no doubt about it. This league and winning is directly aligned with having Superstars on your team for the most part. But i wouldn't tank in "hopes" to get a Superstar in the draft.

I think what the players need to realize is that we're a good team playing poorly. And that we're not a bad team playing poorly. At times just by looking at their body language they just don't seem confident in their own abilities more than anything else. Once they realize they are a good team just playing poorly, as opposed to a bad team playing poorly, i believe they will get out of this funk and starting winning more convincingly.

My mistake, I got you mixed up with caseta and fuzion. Sorry bout that. :nonono:

Return to Chicago Bulls