Image ImageImage Image

OT: My little rant on the Knicks situation

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

newskoolbulls
Banned User
And1: 0

OT: My little rant on the Knicks situation 

Post#1 » by newskoolbulls » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Reading all of todays New York papers it seems that everyone in the league is concerned about the Knicks and how Dolan and IT are running the organization. My question is how come from 99-03 no one made a peep about how Krause and Reinsdorf were running the bulls into the ground? Now you might say the Bulls were still high in attendance but hey so are the knicks now. Considering we had won 6 titles and were more known around the world than the Knicks what gives? I think its disrespect.

Quotes
The same source claims that "people are coming out of the woodwork to try and get Dolan's attention." The source said that group includes everyone from former Knicks - both recent and from decades ago - as well as current GMs.

A couple of league sources have told me --- no surprise --- that Stern's focus is now cleaning up the Knicks. Major eye sore for the NBA there. And I'm sure he's sitting around going, "Hell, I cleaned up that mess Portland, didn't I? I can surely do this."
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#2 » by VinnyTheMick » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:42 pm

Stop crying.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#3 » by TB#1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:44 pm

Well, the frozen envelope trick isn't available to him anymore, but there are enough crooked gambling wiseguys in NYC he can consult to figure out a way to rig the lottery balls for the Knicks.

Because, you know, God forbid the Knicks continue to suck. The whole world watches and loves New York City and how go the Knicks is how goes the league.
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Re: My little rant on the Knicks situation 

Post#4 » by Bulls69 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:46 pm

newskoolbulls wrote:Reading all of todays New York papers it seems that everyone in the league is concerned about the Knicks and how Dolan and IT are running the organization. My question is how come from 99-03 no one made a peep about how Krause and Reinsdorf were running the bulls into the ground? Now you might say the Bulls were still high in attendance but hey so are the knicks now. Considering we had won 6 titles and were more known around the world than the Knicks what gives? I think its disrespect.

Quotes
The same source claims that "people are coming out of the woodwork to try and get Dolan's attention." The source said that group includes everyone from former Knicks - both recent and from decades ago - as well as current GMs.

A couple of league sources have told me --- no surprise --- that Stern's focus is now cleaning up the Knicks. Major eye sore for the NBA there. And I'm sure he's sitting around going, "Hell, I cleaned up that mess Portland, didn't I? I can surely do this."

Well because with the Knicks losing a lawsuit it just not good for business and the whole Larry Brown incident Dolen & Zeke is worst then both Jerry's every been.
ChandFan
Rookie
And1: 20

Post#5 » by ChandFan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:47 pm

There's a big difference. Krause was attempting to rebuild through the draft and get under the salary cap. It was no fun for us fans, but it was a legit, albeit lousy, rebuilding effort.

The Knicks are a true embarrasment to the league as a whole. They keep trying to rebuild on the fly building up the payroll more and more and getting worse and worse. Not to mention all the non-basketball related nonsense going on. And Isiah still keeps saying he's going to make this team a champion.
Bulls69
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Bulls69 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:52 pm

ChandFan wrote:There's a big difference. Krause was attempting to rebuild through the draft and get under the salary cap. It was no fun for us fans, but it was a legit, albeit lousy, rebuilding effort.

The Knicks are a true embarrasment to the league as a whole. They keep trying to rebuild on the fly building up the payroll more and more and getting worse and worse. Not to mention all the non-basketball related nonsense going on. And Isiah still keeps saying he's going to make this team a champion.

Well Stern should starting giving the GM's and Owners a drug test could someone please tell me how Zeke keep his job..
newskoolbulls
Banned User

Post#7 » by newskoolbulls » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:56 pm

I understand that they are an embarassement and we were no where close but yea it would have been nice if people in the league would have helped us out a little. Anyway the Knicks wont be fixed because Dolan wants to run things his own way.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#8 » by transplant » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:58 pm

ChandFan wrote:There's a big difference. Krause was attempting to rebuild through the draft and get under the salary cap. It was no fun for us fans, but it was a legit, albeit lousy, rebuilding effort.

Agree. There's a big difference in terms of what's good for the league between a bad low-payroll team based on youth and a bad huge payroll team based on, based on...come to think of it, I'm not sure what it's based on.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#9 » by coldfish » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:47 pm

Was this really necessary? Why do we care about the Knicks more than the . . . . New Orleans Hornets?
VinnyTheMick
RealGM

Post#10 » by VinnyTheMick » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:51 pm

newskoolbulls wrote:I understand that they are an embarassement and we were no where close but yea it would have been nice if people in the league would have helped us out a little. Anyway the Knicks wont be fixed because Dolan wants to run things his own way.

If you understand the difference then why do you compare the situations & ask why one is being handled differently than the other was?
newskoolbulls
Banned User

Post#11 » by newskoolbulls » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:52 pm

was that really necessary coldfish? if the papers were talking about people wanting to fix the Grizzlies mess I would have started a thread about them and why didnt anyone want to help the bulls. Your post was rude like you always are towards me and I dont care if you suspend me for saying so.
newskoolbulls
Banned User

Post#12 » by newskoolbulls » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:53 pm

I also dont understand why Stern would want to help them, let them swim in the septic tank that they created. hey the Knicks still make more than anyone else almost.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM

Post#13 » by VinnyTheMick » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:03 pm

newskoolbulls wrote:I also dont understand why Stern would want to help them, let them swim in the septic tank that they created. hey the Knicks still make more than anyone else almost.

Stern grew up a Knicks fan.
Bulls69
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Bulls69 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:38 pm

VinnyTheMick wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Stern grew up a Knicks fan.

Vinny, I understand Stern grew up a Knick fan but he can't be biased either let the Knicks fix their own problem mainly Dolan.
newskoolbulls
Banned User

Post#15 » by newskoolbulls » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:46 pm

^
thats what I am saying. If your not going to help other teams why show the league your concern lies with them. I dont see Stern looking to fix the Clips now for example or the Clips throughout the 90s.

Return to Chicago Bulls