Image ImageImage Image

Hinrich is the reason the bulls are this bad!

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

treyZz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#21 » by treyZz » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:32 am

I thought Hinrich played like crap last year too.. He was either hit or miss.

Also, no one here expected you to blame Hinrich - since you're a Kansas fan or alum.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#22 » by MGB8 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:35 am

Of course Kirk is not solely to blame. There's enough blame to go around. That said, he is the starting PG, and his PER is down, his defense is significantly worse, and his offense has not improved. The only other starter who is significantly worse in terms of production from last season is Ben Wallace.
bre9
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by bre9 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:43 am

Two things that made Kirk special last year was his three point shooting and his defense. He was a very good three point shooter last year he was 41 percent from threes now he's 29 percent on threes and last year he was consider one of the league best defensive players and even made the all defense 2nd team. His defense is not anywhere near as good as it was last year. I never thought of Kirk as a pg. He is a average Sg maybe a backup on some teams.
girlygirl
RealGM

Post#24 » by girlygirl » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:50 am

treyZz wrote:I thought Hinrich played like crap last year too.. He was either hit or miss.

Also, no one here expected you to blame Hinrich - since you're a Kansas fan or alum.

I have criticized Kirk a lot this year...and I would agree that SOME of the blame for their lousy play falls solely on Kirk. I'm just saying it's unfair to blame any one player for their play this season...whether that guy be Kirk, Ben G, Luol, Ben W or whoever...all of them have been brutal at one point or another this season

However, in my self-appointed role as the defender of all things Kirk, it's a little silly to single him out now, when he is actually starting to play a little bit better...since Boylan's taken over Hinrich is shooting 42.4% from the field (36% from behind the arc), is averaging 7.6 APG and has an A/TO ratio of 5.08:1!!! If he had put up those numbers all season, I doubt people would be complaining so much about him. So the timing of this thread is a little odd...
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,753

Post#25 » by dougthonus » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:22 am

Hinrich has been the biggest single contributor to our slow start given what we would have expected from him coming into the season. He's still not the only reason by any stretch though.

People are sure using a lot of 20/20 hindsight in this thread though.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
derf
Starter

Post#26 » by derf » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:43 am

If ...

We accept this threads premise that Kirk's talents are such an integral part of the Bull's mix that his poor play has single handedly brought down the Bull's entire season...

Then we have identified Kirk as a true "Difference maker", at least when he's on top of his game. Best to keep him for now and hope his game comes around.

:nod:

Return to Chicago Bulls