Image ImageImage Image

Gordon, Deng could restrict Bulls overhaul

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#21 » by Ralphb07 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:10 am

coldfish wrote:
Edit add: I also now have an issue with Deng. He simply isn't worth $10M per year the way he has played. SF's with his limited skill set are not that rare.

I think Deng is worth 10mil. He is 22yrs old and he will improve, maybe his celing isnt a ton but he will improve. Even if he didnt a 17pts 7reb effective SF is worth 10 mil. Deng is not or anywhere near a max player, but he is worth 10mil

What people dont understand is Deng is a very GOOD #2 option and it isnt his fault we don't have a #1.

I feel Deng is one of the keepers on this team
itgetsthehose
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by itgetsthehose » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:16 am

well the Bulls need to keep someone! But I'm not so sure the Bulls have any keepers.

Out of Hinrich and Gordon and Noc and deng. I keep Deng.

he is the longest, the rebounder, has had the best career Fg% and is only 22. And the best interior player of these 4.

10 million is reasonable for 82 games. but if I'm paxson i take his averaged games played per season and pro-rate the 10 million. I offer 9 million and settle at 9.5 at the most.

I keep Hughes only because he expires at the right time. If you can include hughes in a 2 for 1 swap for brand or Oneal you do it. even if deng is on the other side of the 2 for 1.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#23 » by Ralphb07 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:17 am

itgetsthehose wrote:I am on board with moving any combination of Hinrich, Gordon, Hughes for JON or Brand.

Both Brand and JON expire before the Lebron Wade sweepstakes.

Ideally we move Hinrich and Gordon (S &T). The combined salaries would be around 17-18 million with 25% of JON 20 million or Brand's salary.

We keep hughes over Hinrich and gordon only because he comes off the books at the same time as JON or Brand if he opts into his player option. 33 million or so comes off the books just in time for the lebron sweepstakes. Perhaps more if gooden also expires that year and Noc is moved for an expiring.

Hughes sefolosha backcourt is fine with me for 2 years especially with Brand at PF/C. JON is a distant second to Brand but I would still do it.

And we might even get lucky with hughes playing out of his mind in another contract year.

We could Sefolosha signed to a 7 mill deal
deng at around 10 million
bird rights to Brand and gooden
and 35-40 million in cap space in 2 years to throw at BOTH lebron and Wade. Isn't Dwight Howard a free agent that year? Melo too?

I would offer Noc and Hinrich. BG will be too hard to throw in that trade. You have to have BG look around for a offer from another team and trade him that way.

I dont know how much JON has left in the tank but with 2yrs left on his contract, it's worth it.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,298

Post#24 » by kodo » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:24 am

I highly doubt Pax is even looking at JON. Trading away young assets for a guy with multiple knee surgeries going into his 14th year? A guy who's played an average of 49 games a year for the last 4 years of his career?

JON makes Kenyon Martin look like an iron man.

Return to Chicago Bulls