Image ImageImage Image

Pick your horse (head coach of the Bulls)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Who do you got?

Rick Carlisle
9%
Jeff Van Gundy
6%
Paul Westphal
2%
Mike D'Antoni
30%
Avery Johnson
25%
Tom Thibodeau
15%
Michael Curry
3%
Tyrone Corbin
3%
Mark Jackson
5%
Dwayne Casey
3%

Total votes: 116

Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#101 » by Ralphb07 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:10 pm

I'm wanting to learn more about Shaw and see if he's even a legit option. From the Shaw topic, I'm really interested in learning more about him. From reports it keeps saying they want to interview Avery, but it never gets done. I really don't see him as a option, which sucks.

So I guess it's time to look at Thibodeau, Curry,Corbin and Shaw as possible guys. I'm going to have to find as much info as possible on them, to see who I'm going for. Right now I'm really interested in learning about Shaw, I know all we can about Thibo.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#102 » by Rerisen » Tue May 13, 2008 5:24 pm

kyrv wrote:I guess I'm not clear what point(s) you are making, as I said, the part I quoted, doesn't make sense, logically.

The point is we don't want D'Antoni because he doesn't stress defense. We don't want Carlisle because he is a micro manager. We don't Larry Brown because he's old... I guess? Avery Johnson I'm not sure why, probably because Dirk is overrated and can't get easy baskets in crunch time like the superstar teams that beat Dallas did. These are Pax's justification for passing these guys and most seem to agree. I don't.

Everyone nods their head about these things and thinks it makes sense. Meanwhile these guys are getting hired up by New York, Dallas, other teams are finding coaches just fine and understanding that a track record of 50+ win seasons does actually mean they are competent. Yes, they are not perfect.

But here in Bulls nation every day a new assistant's name is being thrown up against the wall and people are declaring left and right, "This is the guy I want," off a few paragraphs or statements made maybe several years ago. How can you know that easily and quickly someone is going to make a great coach and be much better than guys like Brown, D'Antoni just like that? I don't get it.

The demands being placed for a Bulls coach are much more than just round peg or square hole, its like all the shapes in the toy set got melted together and we now have to find a cutout that resembles some twisted amalgamation of all things. This doesn't exist and that is why people are hoping relatively unknown names can fit all these particular neurotic team needs.

Return to Chicago Bulls