Image ImageImage Image

Thibodeau

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Thibodeau 

Post#1 » by anorexorcism » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:13 pm

I've thrown out this idea before, and a few have suggested it's plausible, but with the ridiculous, almost inexplicable delay on Collins, I'm convinced more than ever that this is all a smokescreen to pretend like Pax is really looking for a candidate when in reality he is just trying to buy time for the guy he's wanted all along, from the day Boylan was fired--Tom Thibodeau. And unfortunately, because of the Celtics' playoff success he's had to play this game a little longer than expected.

Does anyone agree with this theory? That even the D'Antoni interviewing, the assistant coach love-fest, Collins, Carlisle, all this other stuff is just to pass time and it make look like we're active while Thibodeau and his team are still playing?

After hearing last night about how much the Celtics defense being able to shut down Kobe was thanks to him, I'm sold (not that I wasn't already).
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,493

Post#2 » by coldfish » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:15 pm

Obviously I have been on the wagon for quite some time.

I don't know if TT was the guy from day 1, but I think you could make a good case that Paxson wants to talk to people who are still coaching (Rambis, Shaw and TT) before making a hire.
Robert
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Robert » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:22 pm

Does not seem to make sense. If it were the case the Bulls could have waited with firing Boyland until Thibodeau becomes available and then do the hiring without too much fuss and distraction. What can they possibly gain by doing what you suggest? (It is clear that they are losing quite a bit meanwhile, though.)
Bull Shak
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#4 » by Bull Shak » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:23 pm

Yeah, if we aren't going for Flip/Avery, than Thibo and Rambis have to be the two guys we're looking at imo.

Thibodeau, because of his position on the Celtics, the more playoff success the Celtics have (especially since it is the result of great defense) the better.
http://www.dabullz.com home to the Bulls' encyclopedia.
Bankshot
Senior
And1: 176

Post#5 » by Bankshot » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:25 pm

Then if that's the case all these reporters are way off with the Bulls making a Collins decision by this weekend.
Bull Shak
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#6 » by Bull Shak » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:27 pm

Robert wrote:Does not seem to make sense. If it were the case the Bulls could have waited with firing Boyland until Thibodeau becomes available and then do the hiring without too much fuss and distraction. What can they possibly gain by doing what you suggest? (It is clear that they are losing quite a bit meanwhile, though.)

Don't you remember last season? We were calling for Boylan to be fired before the season even ended. It would be pretty disrespectful conducting a coaching search with a guy still as head coach, and it would be unfair to put Boylan in a state of limbo, knowing full well you aren't bringing him back. Now, Boylan already has a job. I think he was a horrible coach, but I don't think we should treat him like crap.
http://www.dabullz.com home to the Bulls' encyclopedia.
The ROY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#7 » by The ROY » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:31 pm

I HOPE so...
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 468

Post#8 » by Mr. Tibbs » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:33 pm

Bull Shak wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Don't you remember last season? We were calling for Boylan to be fired before the season even ended. It would be pretty disrespectful conducting a coaching search with a guy still as head coach, and it would be unfair to put Boylan in a state of limbo, knowing full well you aren't bringing him back. Now, Boylan already has a job. I think he was a horrible coach, but I don't think we should treat him like crap.

exactly, none of the other teams in the league have done that..it's better that they got it done and gave him time to find another job..which he has done.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
fudgie
RealGM
And1: 701

Post#9 » by fudgie » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:56 pm

I think I've come around on the Thibodeaunuts bandwagon. That defense of his is seriously fierce. His offense and other coaching aspects are a question mark but at least we know he's very good at something.
I'd always thought of propane as a dignified lady. But she can also be a dirty girl.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,493

Post#10 » by coldfish » Fri Jun 6, 2008 7:06 pm

_snake_ wrote:I think I've come around on the Thibodeaunuts bandwagon. That defense of his is seriously fierce. His offense and other coaching aspects are a question mark but at least we know he's very good at something.

A few months ago, a lot of people were giving the credit for Boston's defense to Garnett. While he deserves a ton of credit, its obvious in the playoffs that there is something else going on. Against, Lebron, Detroit and now Kobe, you can see the X's and O's of the defense. The Boston coaching staff is moving players around in a *very* effective manner. Kudos to the players for executing it well, but the coaching on the defensive side is a cut above what you normally see.

It sure beats the hell out of:
"run"
"jump"
"try harder"
"shoot better"
and the classic
"adjustments are overrated"

Also to add: In years of watching Collins, he never does that kind of stuff.
JeremyB0001
General Manager
And1: 810

Post#11 » by JeremyB0001 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 7:08 pm

He's still my top choice but I'm not very optimistic.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#12 » by Shill » Fri Jun 6, 2008 7:27 pm

We're clearly stalling, but who knows what for?

I don't think we can tap-dance with Collins for another two weeks when the Finals are over.

I'd love to get Thibodeau, though.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,397

Post#13 » by Hangtime84 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 7:41 pm

better hope boston sweeps
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#14 » by anorexorcism » Fri Jun 6, 2008 8:53 pm

Bump?

With the just breaking news that Collins is no longer a candidate, I think this becomes even more viable and realistic. I'm 100% convinced now.

Anyone want to offer new opinions?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,704

Post#15 » by sco » Fri Jun 6, 2008 9:02 pm

The more I think about it, I can live with this team being more defensively focused. Thabo, TT, Noah with a real coach could do some serious damage.
:clap:
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#16 » by Polynice4Pippen » Fri Jun 6, 2008 9:29 pm

Al Michaels wrote:Do you believe in miracles, YES!!!

THIBO, THIBO, THIBO!!!
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
Robert
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by Robert » Fri Jun 6, 2008 10:00 pm

From the beginning of the season when the Bulls started underperforming for no apparent reason, I suspected that they realized that they did realize tat they could not win without a superstar and that the only way to get one after boston got Garnett and Bryant was not to be traded wass through the draft. So, they they had a wink-wink agreement with Stern that they would tank and he would rig the lottery. nmow, when they used 1.7% chance and won the lottery I am totally convinced in this theory.

Are you?
SWIFTSLICK
Banned User

Post#18 » by SWIFTSLICK » Fri Jun 6, 2008 10:13 pm

Nope. I think that's a giant load of bull. This is the second top candidate to back out of negotiations. That's not the team stalling. That's the other party calling foul, grabbing their ball, and leaving the court. To quote one of the great minds of our time: "Screw you guys, i'm going home".

Thibodeau cannot be inspired by the handling of this coaching search. If offered a chance I believe he'd refuse at this point. This makes the organization look very bad. It makes the management of this team look inept.
DaBulls82
Head Coach
And1: 868

Post#19 » by DaBulls82 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 11:12 pm

I'm pretty luke warm on all the remaining candidates. My issue with Thibo is who will manage the offensive side of the ball. I'm sure he will get us to be a top defensive team again but we still need to find ways to put the ball in the basket. I was really hoping this coaching search would lead us to someone that could get the most out of our talent on both ends of the floor, something Skiles wasn't able to do. My biggest fear with Thibo is offensively we will continue to struggle.

If he is offered the job and accepts, its all going to come down to his group of assistants. I don't know if there are any offensive gurus out there that want to join a first time head coach.
14 years is a nice run but it's time to end the Paxson era.

ImageImageImage
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#20 » by DJhitek » Fri Jun 6, 2008 11:16 pm

I'm fine with him....I really don't like our chances to get him.

Return to Chicago Bulls