Image ImageImage Image

No excuses next season.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

ballerkingn2
Banned User
And1: 2

No excuses next season. 

Post#1 » by ballerkingn2 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:03 am

I'm be mad upset if next season we struggle and fans and media and coaches and player,use this whole coaching search as an excuse.

Last year to me there was no big excuse for the struggle. Just a bunch of weak minded players that couldn't get over things that's a daily in the nba.

We all know both ben and deng should have taken the money. And that the whole kobe should have happen,somehow. It didn't and it should had business as usually. Still I'm ma be very angry if though this is an excuse. And if fans don't blame paxson and JR then you must be blind. Moreso though I see it as paxson,then JR although he's gaining in my hate book lately.

Anyway no excuses should be used next season.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,909

Post#2 » by dougthonus » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:06 am

I'm be mad upset if next season we struggle and fans and media and coaches and player,use this whole coaching search as an excuse.

That would be lame if people blamed the coaching search.

Last year to me there was no big excuse for the struggle. Just a bunch of weak minded players that couldn't get over things that's a daily in the nba.

I don't think the players or anyone else was making excuses. I never heard any players say "well we'd have won more games of Luol and Gordon got extensions". It was just media people who said this stuff. It may or may not have been true, but if you don't want to hear it than stop reading the papers.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#3 » by dougthonus » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:09 am

We all know both ben and deng should have taken the money. And that the whole kobe should have happen,somehow. It didn't and it should had business as usually. Still I'm ma be very angry if though this is an excuse. And if fans don't blame paxson and JR then you must be blind. Moreso though I see it as paxson,then JR although he's gaining in my hate book lately.

:dontknow:

Blame Paxson for what in particular? Not trading for Kobe? Not overpaying Deng / Gordon? I would blame the season on the coach and players. Going into the season we thought we had a team on the rise ready to compete for the East. After that the GM doesn't have much of a chance to switch things up.

Anyway no excuses should be used next season.

If things don't go well, people will always try to figure out why. You seem to then label this as an excuse. So if there's a bad season, then there will be excuses in your view.
@doug_thonus on twitter
bagsboy
Veteran
And1: 460

Post#4 » by bagsboy » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:10 am

There is still one good excuse our GM has not used.
Pax's dog eat the list with names of coaches who could be hired.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#5 » by DanTown8587 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:39 am

I think people are expecting WAY to much, especially if we draft Rose. #1 picks rarely go to the playoffs the next year. I would be happy with development in the young guys and a "core" that we know. I would be happy with a .500 year and the summer of 2010 in our sight.
ballerkingn2
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by ballerkingn2 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 3:15 am

I just feel doug its been what 4 or 5 years sense the 04 Paxson had a lot of tradeable assets that could have helped us over the years. That's why i feel we struggled and our play has gone down. sense the 04 season that was in my mind so magically. I don't like to live in the past,but that was a heck of a team. I really wished things worked out different to keep that group together as long as possible.

Now paxson seen what a low post threat could do for our team. And never replaced EC with anything close to what he provided(with EC play shouldn't be that hard). That player (didn't have to be KG or gasol)prob could have gotten us to the finals the year clev did.

Also we had TT contract,we had the p.j brown contract we had erik Pike contract,we had AG contract we had some many others guys contracts that should have been worth something to And got nothing to show for them. Paxsons fault. Plus a bunch of weak minded players. Which might not be all paxson fault,but he drafted them and kept them together all this time. So he should share some of that blame.

Then we are the 1st people to fire our coach and now are probably going to be the last to hire a coach. Why fire somebody if you don't have at least some type of idea who you want to take over. I can understand letting the year go by,but you fired the guy in dec,its june come on now. You've interview guys 2 and 3 times WTF is that man. We are really going to have a bad rap going forward as a screwball organization.

Bottom line though i don't want this coaching search process to be an excuse. Like the kobe or the contract stuff was. Now everyone was a distraction and possible cause of bad play even the players,not just the media. I just hope we don't use this coaching stuff as anther excuse if we don't make the playoffs again next season. But if theres is a blame it should fall on JP,and JK shoulders.

Hire a Coach Already!!!
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#7 » by TB#1 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 12:37 pm

The Bulls tried the "Ne Excuses" mantra for a season already.

By mid-season they were making excuses.
Ajosu
Head Coach
And1: 103

Post#8 » by Ajosu » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:05 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:I think people are expecting WAY to much, especially if we draft Rose. #1 picks rarely go to the playoffs the next year. I would be happy with development in the young guys and a "core" that we know. I would be happy with a .500 year and the summer of 2010 in our sight.

#1 picks rarely go to the playoffs because they are drafted by a bad team. We should not have gotten the #1 pick, but we got lucky. This is the same team that made the playoffs 3 straight years. Even with our young guys getting major development minutes, we have enough talent on our roster to win. Anything short of a playoff spot next year would be a disappointment.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#9 » by dougthonus » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:09 pm

Anything short of playoffs next year would be disappointing because we should have made it this year, and we should make it next year even if the #1 pick sat out the whole year.

I don't think Rose will have a huge immediate impact though if we draft him while I think Beasley would immediately help the team improve considerably. Either way, the team should be considerably better than last year.
@doug_thonus on twitter
guypithecus
Senior
And1: 5

Post#10 » by guypithecus » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:16 pm

dougthonus wrote:I don't think Rose will have a huge immediate impact though if we draft him

A good reason to keep Hinrich. If Duhon leaves and we trade kirk, we won't have experience at point!
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
JammieDodger
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#11 » by JammieDodger » Sun Jun 8, 2008 3:03 pm

guypithecus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

A good reason to keep Hinrich. If Duhon leaves and we trade kirk, we won't have experience at point!

I wouldn't like this, I think Rose needs to be thrown in at the deep end rather than have his playing time limited and for the Bulls to not have a real leader.

I'm not expecting great things next season if we get Rose (which I hope we will). If it was a new player at any other position then we'd be adding a piece, but with Rose and the new coach we're adding the foundations. Plus any other changes I think it'll take a while for the team to gel. First half will be crap, second half better I hope.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#12 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Jun 8, 2008 3:57 pm

Ajosu wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

#1 picks rarely go to the playoffs because they are drafted by a bad team. We should not have gotten the #1 pick, but we got lucky. This is the same team that made the playoffs 3 straight years. Even with our young guys getting major development minutes, we have enough talent on our roster to win. Anything short of a playoff spot next year would be a disappointment.

Exactly. Bulls making the playoffs should be a given in terms of accomplishments.

I still think we can contend in the East with the right moves. We don't necessarily have to mortgage pieces now, but we can make solid moves that will boost us, and the #1 pick is a good start at it.

The Central Division is wide open. The Eastern Conference is wide open. Make a move, just make sure it's the right one.
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#13 » by TB#1 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 4:04 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:I think people are expecting WAY to much, especially if we draft Rose. #1 picks rarely go to the playoffs the next year. I would be happy with development in the young guys and a "core" that we know. I would be happy with a .500 year and the summer of 2010 in our sight.

I expect more. This isn't a team that "should" have had the #1 pick or "should" have even been a lottery team. We are already loaded with talent and for a variety of reasons, the team got derailed last season. Our talented team shamefully imploded into a late lottery slot and we lucked into a the top slot.

I expect with a new coach, our already talented team re-vitalized and hopefully some sort of consolidation trade, this team will be back on that previously established upward curve from which we deviated last season.

In other words, merely making the playoffs is not satisfactory to me next season. We need to get out of the first round again at the bare minimum.
Freestyle177
Junior

Post#14 » by Freestyle177 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 6:15 pm

Guys this is the NBA. The best players in the WORLD play in this league. Even if all our players improved significantly, there's no guarantee that we make the playoffs, or even win more games than last year. It's not like we are the only team in the NBA capable of improving.

As bad as a season we had last season, it should be considered disappointing. But you should also take note of the fact that the league is very competitive, and even teams with superstars can struggle to make the playoffs. Look at Denver and Golden State in the West. They had very solid seasons. Unfortunately, sometimes very solid isn't enough.

We're not gonna make the playoffs every year. If you think that we will, you are smoking something you ought to be sharing.

And then of course there's the injury factor. We live in the real world. The unexpected can happen at any given moment, destroying our season. Fortunately, we have a lot of depth.
SensiBull
Starter
And1: 326

Post#15 » by SensiBull » Sun Jun 8, 2008 8:31 pm

I can already think of an excuse. If the #1 pick doesn't turn out, all Paxson has to say is that, yet again, the draft turned out to be weak when the Bulls got the #1 pick.
http://www.un.org/en/peace/

"While people are saying, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them ..., and they will not escape." - 1 Thess 5:2-3
Billy Shakes
Sophomore

Post#16 » by Billy Shakes » Sun Jun 8, 2008 8:35 pm

SensiBull wrote:I can already think of an excuse. If the #1 pick doesn't turn out, all Paxson has to say is that, yet again, the draft turned out to be weak when the Bulls got the #1 pick.

When did Paxson ever claim it was a weak draft when justifying a bad draft pick?
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#17 » by DanTown8587 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 8:40 pm

I think people are expecting epic returns. I would be happy with about 40 wins. The East will be much better and us giving major minutes to a rookie PG is not going to lead us to some promise land.
SensiBull
Starter
And1: 326

Post#18 » by SensiBull » Sun Jun 8, 2008 8:40 pm

He doesn't have to have said it before to find a receptive audience if he includes this draft with past ones. In one fowl swoop, he could validate what others have already said about past drafts and effortlessly include this draft with it.
http://www.un.org/en/peace/

"While people are saying, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them ..., and they will not escape." - 1 Thess 5:2-3
Billy Shakes
Sophomore

Post#19 » by Billy Shakes » Sun Jun 8, 2008 8:52 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:I think people are expecting epic returns. I would be happy with about 40 wins. The East will be much better and us giving major minutes to a rookie PG is not going to lead us to some promise land.

Talk about lowered expectations. If you think returning to the win total of the season before this horrible season is epic, then yes I expect that type of return. A rookie point guard isn't my reasoning. Almost every single player not having the worst season of their pro career once again is a bigger part of it. Dysfunctional coaching hopefully not being there would be another hope. This is almost the same team that won 49 games 2 years ago.
Billy Shakes
Sophomore

Post#20 » by Billy Shakes » Sun Jun 8, 2008 8:56 pm

SensiBull wrote:He doesn't have to have said it before to find a receptive audience if he includes this draft with past ones. In one fowl swoop, he could validate what others have already said about past drafts and effortlessly include this draft with it.

all Pax has to say is, yet again

You typed it as though he has used that excuse before.

Return to Chicago Bulls