Image ImageImage Image

Great Players you played against

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

I Hate Names
Sixth Man
And1: 15
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Great Players you played against 

Post#1 » by I Hate Names » Mon Jun 9, 2008 3:02 pm

Lucky of the fact that I played highschool Basketball with Jon Scheyer at GBN (I was on the court when he scored 21 points in 1 min and 15 secs), I got to face off with tons of great players, notably

Greg Oden

and

Derrick Rose

When GBN played Derrick Rose, I must say, I don't think I've ever seen someone move that fast with the ball, ever, even in the NBA. I've seen many NBA games that included Tony Parker but this guy seemed to be even faster (Maybe because everyone else in highschool is not nearly as fast).

Just starting up some discussion,

I could list a bunch of D1 Basketball players I have played against, and practice with Jon Scheyer every day.
Gregnice33
Analyst
And1: 582

Post#2 » by Gregnice33 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 3:05 pm

Wouldn't say he was great (he was projected to be though), but I played against Felipi Lopez (St. Johns, and then t-wolves).
When it comes to racism, people say: I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em
~Mitch Hedberg
Dieselbound&Down
Lead Assistant
And1: 420

Post#3 » by Dieselbound&Down » Mon Jun 9, 2008 3:14 pm

I Hate Name dropping.
Fenix
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Fenix » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:15 pm

I've played against Peter Vilfan, one of the best basketball talents countries of former Yugoslavia have ever seen. In his prime, he was 6'4, strong, very long, remarkably athletic and had a skillset of Magic Johnson. Unfortunately, he was also incredibly stubborn and eccentric to the point that it hurt him. Aging helped him in that department, though. He was in his 40's when I played against him and the thing I've find most fascinating about him were not his spectatular skills, but his length. I'm about his height and have pretty long arms, but his wingspan (and hand size) was absolutely obscene. The guy is old enough to be my father and had no problems dunking the ball.
"Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team." (Scottie Pippen, #33)
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,662
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#5 » by waffle » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:18 pm

I was in the same gym as Isiah Thomas
I played on an IM team against some of the scrubs from the Flyin' Illini...

Pretty bad, eh?
the air. . . . .man
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#6 » by the air. . . . .man » Mon Jun 9, 2008 6:05 pm

Wait, Scheyer scored 21 points in a minute and 15 seconds? Sounds kinda fabricated.

You went to GBN? I've got some friends there, and I live a town over, so I'm pretty close to there. Where do/did you live?
newskoolbulls
Banned User

Post#7 » by newskoolbulls » Mon Jun 9, 2008 6:32 pm

I had a chance to play with the 1996 Chicago Bulls.

Seag Genesis baby
the air. . . . .man
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by the air. . . . .man » Mon Jun 9, 2008 6:38 pm

NBA Live 99

Chicago Bulls led by none other than Roster Guard #99
BillyDW
Sixth Man

Re: Great Players you played against 

Post#9 » by BillyDW » Mon Jun 9, 2008 6:38 pm

[quote="
Just starting up some discussion,

I could list a bunch of D1 Basketball players I have played against, and practice with Jon Scheyer every day.[/quote]

Maybe if you were a better player you could have propelled him to make Duke do something in the tournament.

They killed my bracket once again.

This is just a friendly question but did you play at all on this team? what position? I watched a lot of your games.......

Return to Chicago Bulls