Image ImageImage Image

The Ben Gordon appreciation thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: The Ben Gordon appreciation thread 

Post#141 » by TB#1 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:42 pm

I appreciate Ben Gordon. I'm not about to ritually gut myself over his leaving, but I do appreciate Ben Gordon. Best of luck, except when playing the Bulls. The imaginary carrying of over-sized testes thing was pretty funny.
Professor Frink
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,958

Post#142 » by Professor Frink » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:47 pm

TB#1 wrote:I appreciate Ben Gordon. I'm not about to ritually gut myself over his leaving, but I do appreciate Ben Gordon. Best of luck, except when playing the Bulls. The imaginary carrying of over-sized testes thing was pretty funny.

I feel the same way. Ben's a terrific player, a consumate professional and I'd have been thrilled if he stayed, but this isn't the end of the world.
Do you know where you're going to spend eternity? You're going to spend it with me, talking about Jesus Christ.
whonka
Head Coach
And1: 524

Post#143 » by whonka » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:14 pm

Tyrus Thomas would like to contribute to this thread:

twitter wrote:Man, BG a Piston! I hate to see him leave but I'm happy for him.
about 10 hours ago from TwitterFon
ice9
Veteran
And1: 140

Post#144 » by ice9 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:25 pm

This is the most depressing moment for me, post-dynasty, as a Bulls fan. BG was exciting, and he's been our best player for years. I really wish management liked him better than Deng/Hinrich, they never gave BG the respect he deserved. Good luck to him, and thanks for the memories B-Gizzle!
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#145 » by #1TKfan » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:28 pm

Ben Gordon, you were my hero.

NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#146 » by NLK » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks BG for the 5 years and for what I regard the more passionate BULLS fans on this board (vs a lot who attend the UC sitting on their hands and stuffing their faces with awful food).
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,607

Post#147 » by DuckIII » Thu Jul 2, 2009 5:21 pm

Beryl 96 wrote:I don't really have much to say ATM other than to mention the class of certain individuals here corrupting the thread and that I hope Ben eats us each time the Bulls meet the Pistons, and even send a signal to JR if he's present.

That's the spirit, Bulls fan!
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#148 » by anorexorcism » Thu Jul 2, 2009 6:58 pm

I just realized that Ben Gordon premiered his "grab" the last time we played the pistons. Could that have been what convinced Dumars that BG was the guy??? Lol.
BOBBA LUI
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#149 » by BOBBA LUI » Thu Jul 2, 2009 7:09 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Beryl 96 wrote:I don't really have much to say ATM other than to mention the class of certain individuals here corrupting the thread and that I hope Ben eats us each time the Bulls meet the Pistons, and even send a signal to JR if he's present.

It seems there are people who are simply Gordon fans rather than Bulls fans. I don't stress it, because they're probably too young to appreciate or understand rivalries. Bye-bye Ben-edict. Watch the door on the way out.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#150 » by kyrv » Thu Jul 2, 2009 7:11 pm

DuckIII wrote:

Go Pistons!

Who do we think we can get for Prince? Anyone like Kaman?
jcuuofd
Analyst
And1: 511

Post#151 » by jcuuofd » Thu Jul 2, 2009 11:45 pm

The Pistons finally got their revenge for us taking Ben Wallace from them.

Who wants to predict that Gordon picks a part the Bulls next year and scores 40 at the UC?
chicagobull
Senior
And1: 0

Post#152 » by chicagobull » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:49 am

I've been out of the loop and just found out. I'm really going to miss BG. Sorry if this has been posted already, I haven't read the whole thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9KR4my6LjQ
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#153 » by anorexorcism » Sat Jul 4, 2009 7:20 am

I still can't get over this. Bump.

EDIT: WOW. OK forget Ben Gordon. I just found out a beloved artist of mine, one that 99% of people I know have never heard of, is releasing her first album in almost 10 years next month and is following it up with another release in September, and a tour. WOW.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#154 » by Rerisen » Sat Jul 4, 2009 10:55 am

jcuuofd wrote:The Pistons finally got their revenge for us taking Ben Wallace from them.

Ben Wallace *was* the revenge for taking Ben Wallace. In a way you could say he is the reason they were able to get Gordon and we wouldn't pay him. Wallace was practically a Trojan horse.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#155 » by theanimal23 » Mon Jul 6, 2009 4:09 pm

Thanks Ben Gordon. Best of luck. I usually don't root for Ex-Bulls, but there are exceptions (Brand, etc). You will be one of them.

My problem with this process has been the following:
The Bulls did not appreciate Gordon enough. If salary was an issue, the Bulls brought this on by themselves by taking the 6/54 off the table. If they were willing to pay Gordon the money he received (I doubt they did), it could have been achieved by trading other players for expiring contracts last year at the deadline. On top of that, the Bulls Front Office made mistakes in overpaying average talent. Gordon has been our most consistent and arguably our best player over the past five years. Best of luck. I've cooled off on this, but am not a fan of this movie. I do not see it as the Bulls needed to pay 5/55 or whatever, b/c they could have had him at 6/54 but opted not to.

I said it all last Wed, that the Bulls never wanted to keep him. If they did, we had two drafts and a trade deadline to operate to create a financial situation to resign Gordon and not pay the tax.
kuhane gace
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#156 » by kuhane gace » Mon Jul 6, 2009 5:48 pm

finaly gordon is out of my favorite nba team if we get rid of salmons i would be even happier. i hate selfish players with terible shoot selection. this team needs catch and shoot type of scorer but smarter and les selfish then gordon, one more useful big man, heathley deng and good coach who has authority and disciplend game like europian coches
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#157 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jul 6, 2009 6:20 pm

Totally missed this thread...but really echo the feeling.

He was a warrior for us; and our best player for many seasons. I wil lmiss him a lot. Before Derrick Rose he was one of the big reasons for making the Bulls credible on a natioanl scale again.

Good luck BG, I hope you make the playoffs and we sweep you ;-)
For love, not money.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#158 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jul 6, 2009 6:21 pm

kuhane gace wrote:finaly gordon is out of my favorite nba team if we get rid of salmons i would be even happier. i hate selfish players with terible shoot selection. this team needs catch and shoot type of scorer but smarter and les selfish then gordon, one more useful big man, heathley deng and good coach who has authority and disciplend game like europian coches

Err... :roll:
For love, not money.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#159 » by sco » Mon Jul 6, 2009 6:50 pm

I continue to feel that Ben Gordon can be a starting SG for a team with a primary scoring big that needs 3's and has a big/defensive back-court mate to pair with him. That team isn't/hasn't been the Bulls, so it would be a mistake to tie-up so much money in Ben. Ben has been the best player on a perpetual mediocre team, I think we needed to try a different path, and I'm not sure I'll miss him, but I really respect him and his game!

Ben is everything you want from a professional. Hard-working, community minded, quietly goes about his business. He will fit in well with the Pistons, but I pitty Ben going to Detroit in the post-autopoclyse days.
:clap:
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#160 » by BR0D1E86 » Mon Jul 6, 2009 9:15 pm

God speed sir. I hope you have much personal success but your team suffers abject failure and humiliation.

Return to Chicago Bulls