Image Image Image Image

Kenny Swishes

Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Kenny Swishes 

Post#1 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:52 pm

Kenny gets his center fielder. Nick Swisher 27-year-old switch-hitter who hit .262 last year with 22 HR. We should have our center field covered for several years now as Nick is signed through 2011.

The price was high as we are sending Oakland Gio Gonzalez, 22, and Fautino de los Santos, 21, the two most highly regarded pitchers in the farm system, and outfielder Ryan Sweeney, 22, who entered 2007 rated the organization's top prospect by Baseball America. Gonzalez led all minor-leaguers with 185 strikeouts in 150 innings a year ago, repeating Double A, and de los Santos held Class A hitters to a .163 average while striking out 11.3 per nine innings.

The move should make us better next year, but at the cost of three of top prospects. This trade may empty the farm system out of any top 50 prospects. Seems to me looks like Kenny was desperate to make a move.

Welcome board Nick!!!!!!!!!
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#2 » by Posey H8er » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:01 am

I do not know much about those prospects, but getting Swisher was a great deal for the Sox. Do not look at his average, look at his .381 OBP. He has that great blue collar type attitude as well.

Just call me a jealous Cubs fan.
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#3 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:50 pm

Posey H8er wrote:I do not know much about those prospects, but getting Swisher was a great deal for the Sox. Do not look at his average, look at his .381 OBP. He has that great blue collar type attitude as well.

Just call me a jealous Cubs fan.

I'm still disappointed at losing out on hunter. This move does make us better next year, but I don't see it as enough to catch the tigers & indians. It costs us the two top prospects, and three of our best six. There is no help on the way should the pitching falter after giving up Garland. We have nothing left in the minors. We need for JC to turn back into a star picture after being horrible in 07, and I don't see that happening. Swisher is much better than what we had, and the deal could look great for awhile. I think we will end up regretting this one in the long haul as I don't think this is enough to make us a contender next year.

Return to Chicago White Sox