Image Image Image Image

6-9-08 Minnesota Twinkies at Chicago White Sox

NoSkyy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

6-9-08 Minnesota Twinkies at Chicago White Sox 

Post#1 » by NoSkyy » Sun Jun 8, 2008 11:04 pm

Bringing back the game threads becuase we need them. Look at how well the team is pitching and how hard the bats are swinging! Looks like a good year. :clap: :clap: :clap:
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#2 » by SportsWorld » Sun Jun 8, 2008 11:12 pm

I think the White Sox have the AL Central locked up with injuries to Bonderman and Westbrook.
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#3 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:52 pm

Wow back to back sweeps and a six game lead riding on this. Walker finally woke up the hitters. I heard on the radio this morning it was the best hitting weekend since the 1930's. Way to go guys. Let the good times roll...........
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#4 » by Cliff Levingston » Mon Jun 9, 2008 3:10 pm

Cliff Levingston just hopes that this offensive explosion isn't a temporary reaction to Ozzie's expressed verbal frustration. Not that they need to or will score 10+ runs every game like they have this weekend, but hopefully they can put up 4-5 routinely. With the way our pitching has been doing, 4-5 runs should be a win 90% of the time.
shugknight
Senior
And1: 74
Location: starts with a C ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG

Post#5 » by shugknight » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:Cliff Levingston just hopes that this offensive explosion isn't a temporary reaction to Ozzie's expressed verbal frustration. Not that they need to or will score 10+ runs every game like they have this weekend, but hopefully they can put up 4-5 routinely. With the way our pitching has been doing, 4-5 runs should be a win 90% of the time.

Cliff, I think our players are all capable of hitting alot better than they are now, especially in regards to Thome, Konerko, Swisher, and Dye. Swish is getting hotter by the day, Konerko's bat is starting to wake up. Before Ozzie's rant, the 4,5,6,7 spot was a black hole. Now it's starting to look better, with the exception of Thome. But he'll come around. He's getting older, so it'll take him a little longer to get hot.

Keep in mind that everybody else (Crede, Ramirez, OC) is hitting really well.. add that to our pitching staff right now and we're an unbelievable team. I really agreed with Ozzie when he gave his rant, unlike most people. I didn't agree when he gave out names and threw them under the bus, but the rant was needed. You can't give away wins when our staff gives up 2 runs or less. It's unacceptable. Like you said Cliff, we average 4-5 runs a game and we can look at many wins before October hits.

Return to Chicago White Sox