Image Image Image Image

ALDS: Sox vs Rays

nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,692

Re: ALDS: Sox vs Rays 

Post#21 » by nitetrain8603 » Mon Oct 6, 2008 4:57 am

Tampa reminds me alot of us back in 2005. I expect a good game tomorrow. I say it's 50-50 we win tomorrow. I do agree it's 40% chance we win in Tampa if we get that far. 0% if Javy gets a shot to pitch. Regardless, our fans were great once again yesterday. We really need our offense to show up again though.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,702

Post#22 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 6, 2008 11:18 am

nitetrain8603 wrote:Tampa reminds me alot of us back in 2005. I expect a good game tomorrow. I say it's 50-50 we win tomorrow. I do agree it's 40% chance we win in Tampa if we get that far. 0% if Javy gets a shot to pitch. Regardless, our fans were great once again yesterday. We really need our offense to show up again though.

If they start Javy in game 5, I'd jump on the fire Ozzie bandwagon so fast i'd make your head spin. I can't imagine that. It wouldn't even be short rest for Buerhle if they went with him.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#23 » by Shootdabull » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:03 pm

natedog125 wrote:and thats a White Sox winner. Floyd tommorow against Sonnanstine. I like this match up.. We take this one also.. Then back to Tampa and Buehrle.. We can do this..

GOOO SOXXXXXXX!!!!

Finally a good day for Chicago sports teams...................

The way this series has progressed has not been unexpected. I agree that we should have the match up advantage today. Being at home and with Floyd pitching, I really think we are going back to tampa 2-2. If so they are very tough at home and Buehrle will need to come up huge. All we have to do is win to keep the dream alive.............
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#24 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 6, 2008 3:49 pm

I only give us about a 25% chance to win the series, but you can feel good as a Sox fan going into next year. The key guys who carried this team are all young and should be around awhile. We just need to replace a few of the vets to add some speed and maybe find one more starting pitcher and this team looks really good going into next season.
@doug_thonus on twitter
natedog125
Junior
And1: 0

Post#25 » by natedog125 » Mon Oct 6, 2008 6:25 pm

I find it amazing how the Sox can see great young potential talent on other teams thats those other teams have given up on and get em .. Examples... Quentin, Ramirez, Danks, Floyd, Thornton, Jenks

but they have such a hard time drafting kids that make it. Shoot the only home grown starters on this team is buehrle, crede

Very strange in my opinion.

If we could draft like we scout other teams we would be in the running for this division every year
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#26 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 6, 2008 7:51 pm

Yeah, it is scary how infrequently we get a great player out of our own system, and even the guys we get seem to disappoint relative to what we'd have hoped for.
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#27 » by dougthonus » Tue Oct 7, 2008 1:58 am

Well not a surprising result, I feel it was a good season though.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#28 » by Shootdabull » Tue Oct 7, 2008 1:22 pm

Well I thought we make it another day, but all those elimination games finally caught up to us. We lost to the better team. I am glad we made it into the playoffs and at least we avoided the sweep. The year turned out much better than I thought going in.

Doug called this one with the over /under at 1.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#29 » by craig01 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 11:42 pm

Good series, the Sox could be a little more versatile imo, but the starting rotation is really solid.

It's really a nice mix, and the injuries did not help you guys.

Best of luck.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#30 » by Shootdabull » Wed Oct 8, 2008 2:47 pm

craig01 wrote:Good series, the Sox could be a little more versatile imo, but the starting rotation is really solid.

It's really a nice mix, and the injuries did not help you guys.

Best of luck.

Thanks - I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the way. That may hurt your chances though, as I was hoping for a cubs - sox world series.

Missing our two best position players from the first half did hurt us. In 2005 Crede was huge in the playoffs for us. We missed Carlos driving in runs. I don't think anyone is chalking this one up to injuries though. You had the better team this year. I do think we will be back next year - we found a few gems this year alexie, carlos, danks & floyd. If we can find two more we will be back.

Return to Chicago White Sox