Image Image Image Image

Roy Halladay!

Big Dee Chi-Born
Sixth Man
And1: 79

Roy Halladay! 

Post#1 » by Big Dee Chi-Born » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:03 am

Why are the Sox not going after this guy? Why does Reinsdorf n company always sit back and watch quality pitching go elsewhere?
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Re: Roy Halladay! 

Post#2 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Big Dee Chi-Born wrote:Why are the Sox not going after this guy? Why does Reinsdorf n company always sit back and watch quality pitching go elsewhere?

I think Kenny does a pretty good job in going after these type of players. I think the issue is that the price is steep. I'm guessing the BJ's would want Gordan (plus others) who looks to be one of our best prospects in years. Roy is 32 years old so he is exiting his prime and next year he will need an extension at a hefty amount. I would like to see him here and I would like to keep Beckham in the process. Roy would certainly enhance our playoff odds....... Go Kenny go.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:05 pm

I don't know a huge amount about baseball, so forgive me if any of this sounds stupid. From what I hear about this guy, he would certainly help us, so it would be nice to go after him. However, given his age, I would hesitate to give up a young guy like Beckham who seems to have a lot of potential.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#4 » by SportsWorld » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:13 am

I wouldn't give up Gordon Beckham. Dude looks like he could be a pretty good hitter in this league. I love his swing.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#5 » by nitetrain8603 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:06 am

JP Riccardi is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). He wants too much of a haul for him. KW did make an offer very early and was rejected. Honestly, it would probably take Beckham, Floyd or John Danks, Jordan Danks, Poreda, Richard and maybe Alexei to get it done. That's how delusional JP has gotten.

Return to Chicago White Sox