What are we to do?

bjschacht
Ballboy
And1: 0

What are we to do? 

Post#1 » by bjschacht » Mon May 5, 2008 8:05 pm

Is it time for us to rush to judgement and trade Adam Dunn for some pitching? If so what could we get as fair market value?

Lets keep Griffey, I love JR. 600 Homeruns coming up and the guy is a good leader and mentor for Jay Bruce to look up to. I know he is expensive, but we are already spending over $70 million this year!

Do we need to ship Arroyo back to the American League? The guy has been terrible this year?

Can we sign Matt Morris and help him turn it around?

Is Derek Turnbow a guy we could use in our bullpen?

Is it time for us to sign Mike Piazza for some extra pop in the lineup?

I believe this team is built to hit homeruns, not manufacture runs. If we keep this up, we will be out of contention in June! We need to play small ball. Dusty Baker was not the answer! He leaves pitchers in games to long, he put Corey Patterson first in the lineup. Sorry Cory is not a lead off man, he should be a middle to late of the order guy.

Can someone help me answer some of my questions?
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#2 » by kingofthecourt67 » Mon May 5, 2008 8:25 pm

It's been really disappointing so far this season. I think we need to trade Dunn, I was in support of that last season actually. We need a guy who can drive in runs. An RBI machine in the middle of the lineup.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by el loco » Tue May 6, 2008 12:14 am

I agree with everything except for the Griffey part. He isn't doing much with his bat either. Adam should have Dunn been gone along time ago. Bruce is getting held back because of these two guys, well three if you throw Patterson in the mix. But, this team has more problems then just Dunn. We don't get runners on base and when we do we don't move them over or drive them in. For the most part the pitching hasn't been as terrible as it was last year, but I expect that once we face teams a second time that will change.

I don't know what this team needs to do, but it needs to do something and the quicker the better.
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Post#4 » by dream34 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:39 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Griffey traded right after he gets number 600, and Dunn could go at any time.

Return to Cincinnati Reds