Reds @ Brew Crew

el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Reds @ Brew Crew 

Post#1 » by el loco » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:59 am

Well, Fogg made me eat my words in this one. he went 5 innings and only gave up 1 earned run to lower his era to an even 7.00 after 2 starts.

We lost the first game of the series 3-2 in 10 innings, but tonight the bats came alive and we won 12-4 with the rubber game being tomorrow (1pm start time)

Corey Patterson remains hot, he went yard again hitting his 4th of the season. Dunn finally took one deep and he drove in 3 runs. Griffey stayed hot getting 2 hits and 3 runs. Phillips also got a couple of hits and scored a couple of runs.

Eddie E found himself on the bench. I like him but he hasn't produced and is struggling at the plate. Freel took his spot in this game. Kepp got a hit and is still swinging a nice bat.

The bullpen looked good again, only 1 earned run in 4 innings. I don't know who this Lincoln is or where we got him from but he has been pitching well for us. Here is a recap of the game:

LINK

Tomorrows Starters: A. Harang vs. C. Villanueva
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2 » by el loco » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:15 am

So far the weak central has looked pretty strong. The Cards are tied with the Diamondbacks for the best record at 7-2 followed by the Brewers at 6-2. Currently the Reds are 5-4. If the pitching holds up, and the bats start to come alive, I think we can make a move on both of these teams, and the Cubs 5-3 who were picked by most of the so-called experts to be the only team in the Division.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#3 » by SportsWorld » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:11 am

It's still early but the Reds look very good and will probably be serious contenders late into the season. Cueto is filthy.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#4 » by kingofthecourt67 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Hopefully today will jump start EE and help him get out of his slump.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by el loco » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:36 pm

kingofthecourt67 wrote:Hopefully today will jump start EE and help him get out of his slump.

I didn't get to catch the game today because of the early start. For some reason my employer won't let me take time off to watch afternoon games.

It looks like Dusty's benching of Eddie payed off. He went yard in this one. Hatteburg got it going to from looking at the box score. Harrang got his first win in 3 good outings, he went 8 innings today and the closer closed it like he was brought in to do.

This team is playing some good baseball at the moment.

Return to Cincinnati Reds