Reds @ Pirates

el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Reds @ Pirates 

Post#1 » by el loco » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Next up is a weekend series with the Bucs.

Fri 7:05 starting time
Sat 7:05 starting time
Sun 1:35 afternoon start. I might actually get to catch an afternoon game
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2 » by el loco » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:44 pm

So far we won the series against the Diamondbacks and gave them there only 2 losses on the year. Split the series with the Phillies, and we just took the rubber game against the Brew Crew. I like how we have been taking each series so far in the young season. I hope it continues against the Pirates.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#3 » by SportsWorld » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:20 am

Pirates just got swept by the Cubs and we played a 36 inning 3 game series against them so their bullpen is worn down.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by el loco » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:54 am

SportsWorld wrote:Pirates just got swept by the Cubs and we played a 36 inning 3 game series against them so their bullpen is worn down.

They had our number last season, but so did every other team in the league.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#5 » by kingofthecourt67 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:38 am

I am interested to see how Volquez does in his second start tommorow.

Hopefully, our offense doesn't stall like it did in the first game of the Brewers series.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by el loco » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:13 pm

kingofthecourt67 wrote:I am interested to see how Volquez does in his second start tommorow.

Hopefully, our offense doesn't stall like it did in the first game of the Brewers series.

Do you know that a person cannot pm you or at least for some reason I can't. I tried to pm you the other day and it said it was for mods and administrators only. It says you are a mod and you are on the mod list, but I can't get a pm through to you. I can to other mods, but not to you.
Anyway, I put the message on the welcome board, but I will just ask it right here. Do you think we could sticky up a schedule for the season?
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by kingofthecourt67 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:48 pm

I didn't realize that I could be pmed but yeah, Ill stick a schedule up in a little bit.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by el loco » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:04 am

kingofthecourt67 wrote:I didn't realize that I could be pmed but yeah, Ill stick a schedule up in a little bit.

You are supposed to be able to pm mod's, but it won't let me pm you for some reason. You might want to check into that. I know I pm some of the mods on the basketball boards from time to time.

2 rain delays, 12 LOB and no runs to support a nice performance by Volquez (his era is now at 0.83 on the season) Final score 1-0 Bucs. Burton got the loss.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by kingofthecourt67 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:40 am

Yeah, I was going to check into that soon. Ill put up the schedule soon.

This loss was extremely disappointing. I believe we had a runner in scoring position for at least the first six innings and we could not convert 1 run. Unbelievable.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by el loco » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:47 am

kingofthecourt67 wrote:Yeah, I was going to check into that soon. Ill put up the schedule soon.

This loss was extremely disappointing. I believe we had a runner in scoring position for at least the first six innings and we could not convert 1 run. Unbelievable.

Did you get to hear the interview with Dusty after the game? He likes the way the pitching staff is going, but you could tell that he is really getting depressed with the offense. All I can say is Welcome to Cincy Mr. Baker.

No hurry necessary on the schedule. I just thought it would be a good quick reference to use throughout the season. Maybe we could figure out how to track the wins and losses on it.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by el loco » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:09 am

Well, we are about to lose our first series of the season. Tonights game was almost a duplicate of last nights game. A few more runs were scored by both teams. The final score was 4-3 them, but once again we left over 10 players on base (23 in the last two games). The pitching has been there but the offense hasn't. Once again, Dusty was depressed in the interview after the game.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by el loco » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:56 pm

(picture)

The reds got the brooms brought out against them today. The Bucs swept the series with a 9-1 route on us today. Cueto had a rough outing going 6 innings and giving up 5 earned runs, he still struck out 6 and walked his first two of the year. The bats in the lineup are still struggling as we once again left everyone on base. I think we left 33 runners on base in the series, that is 11 per game. If the offense and pitching can ever put it together at the same time, we might have something. Until then, it doesn't matter who the manager is.

Return to Cincinnati Reds