Reds @ Astros

el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Reds @ Astros 

Post#1 » by el loco » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:51 pm

We lost the first game of this series last night 5-4. Dunn hit a grand slam, but Cueto gave up 5 runs in the loss. This was our fourth loss in a row and we appear to be headed to the bottom of the basement once again. Maybe we can get things going again behind the arm of Arroyo in todays game. As a team we have scored a combined 7 runs over the last 4 games, the offense just never seems to click on all cylinders with this squad.

Fogg was back to his former self in his last outing getting blasted for 8 runs in 3 innings of work. Dusty should have put him on the DL with the 30 stitches he got in his mug from the line drive Votto hit him with in practice.

It gets more and more difficult for me to follow this team year after year when I know going into the season that we have no chance of doing anything decent. Mediocrity is a dish that doesn't taste very well no matter how you cook or slice it.

Maybe Bronson can get us back on track.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Reds @ Astros 

Post#2 » by el loco » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:08 am

Unless a miracle happens this will be our 5th straight loss. The streak is going to continue in all probability. We are trailing 6-1 in the top of the 8th. Our lone run came off of the bat of our pitcher.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by el loco » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:49 pm

We might have a chance in game 3 of this series. Volquez will be on the mound for us tonight. Slim chance, but a chance nonetheless.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#4 » by kingofthecourt67 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:33 pm

This team is disappointing. That is all I have to say.

Return to Cincinnati Reds