el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Reds' Baker Wants To Manage Wood Again 

Post#1 » by el loco » Wed Dec 3, 2008 1:53 am

Reds' Baker Wants To Manage Wood Again
2nd December, 2008 - 4:24 pm
Chicago Tribune - Cincinnati manager Dusty Baker wants to manage pitcher Kerry Wood again.

The Cubs - the team Baker was managed prior - decided to pass on offering Wood a multiyear deal this offseason, so Baker says he plans to give the pitcher a call to check on his interest in signing with the Reds.

"We have a closer already in [Francisco] Cordero, who we have under contract for a few more years," Baker said Monday. "But somebody can use Kerry Wood. I am going to call him. I like Kerry Wood as a person, not just as a ballplayer, but as a person. I will give him a call and see what's up."

I took this off of the wiretap. Didn't Dusty pretty much destroy Wood's and Prior's arms in his stint as the Cubbies manager? I guess he wants to finish the job now that he is a skipper once again. It seems to me that he ought to be worrying about managing the players that he currently has instead of the ones that he doesn't. The last time I checked Dusty wasn't doing very well in his current position. Hell, it was his idea to bring in Patterson and Bako (both couldn't hit there way out of a wet paper bag even if they were in the bag in tag team mode).

Return to Cincinnati Reds